Erik

The Great Standoff

lighthouse.png

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are

accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course

15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

The US Navy has unfortunately debunked this urban legend. Sadly, it never happened.

• Like 2

An old classic :) (even if not real)

But some stories of these sorts happens. I have 1 or 2 in mind coming from my RCN Sea Cadet years while on my boatswain course.

Yeah, an old one. IIRC, the version I read had the Spanish in place of the Canadians. Still funny though.

I love it.

I remember a youtube version of this. The guys in the lighthouse replied. We are a people of two, we have our dog, and our beer. We have no idea where we place in the world but we are in a lighthouse.

Plot Twist: The boat is called This Is A Lighthouse.

I love it.

I remember a youtube version of this. The guys in the lighthouse replied. We are a people of two, we have our dog, and our beer. We have no idea where we place in the world but we are in a lighthouse.

Plot Twist: The boat is called This Is A Lighthouse.

Damn, now I remember. The version I was telling about was actually a video from YouTube. I might be able to find it again. Thanks, Skyviper!

Found two versions:

Damn, now I remember. The version I was telling about was actually a video from YouTube. I might be able to find it again. Thanks, Skyviper!

Was it this one?

• Like 2

The bigger balls you proudly own, the more it hurts when you bang them into the table... The table always prevails...

Was it this one?

Yes, that's the one, thanks mate!

• Like 1