Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Two Armored Cars for the Eastern Front

I've been pretty busy for the last month or so, and haven't worked much on my big FE projects. But I did manage to get some little things finished. 

Today i uploaded two new armored cars. These were produced in pretty low numbers, but I'm adding them so we can get some variety in the ground forces. The Austro-Hungarian car was also used on the Italian Front.

post-67404-0-65318800-1494003448.jpg

post-67404-0-33276300-1494003457.jpg

post-67404-0-74856900-1494003471.jpg

post-67404-0-71305300-1494003478.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 7

Hi Steve

Very nice new armored cars!

Many thanks! :smile:

Cheers

vonOben

• Like 1

Good work, Stephen! Thanks.
I have only one remark: all 9 armored cars, that were produced in 1914/1915, had only 3 machine guns. It was envisaged that the front and rear machine guns were "stationary", and the side gun could be carried from side to side. Certainly, in the air fight we don't have time to count the number of guns on each armored vechicle...

https://topwar.ru/81828-broneavtomobili-russo-balt-tip-c.html

post-89859-0-00665400-1494083635.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2

Ojcar - Good catch! I didn't even think of the SCW, but now that you pointed it out, I see the similarity. I'm adding it to my install of SCW.

Crawford - Thanks for your comments. I did take some liberties for the sake of the game, and I added a spare tire to the side, just because I thought it looked good!

• Like 2

Crawford - Thanks for your comments. I did take some liberties for the sake of the game, and I added a spare tire to the side, just because I thought it looked good!

Let it be so. You know that I'm a fanatic of meticulous realism, because I consider this game a kind of the museum of military glory and technology. :grin: However a ground vehicles me hardly cares.

Edited by Crawford

I agree that realism is important. There seems to have been quite a bit of improvisation during WWI, so I make a distinction between "Real" and "Realistic" This especially comes in to play when more detail starts impacting game performance, or when time becomes a factor (will a detail be worth the time I need to spend?) Also, I must admit that sometimes I do things just because it "feels' right, as long as it seems reasonably realistic.

Of course, I have a much different attitude when I'm working professionally.

• Like 4

Of course, I have a much different attitude when I'm working professionally.

Yup - when you're on your own time, you can do it your own way! :biggrin:

EDIT:  A quick pass through the downloads shows you're one of Third Wire's most accomplished and prolific modders.  You've MORE than earned the right to do things anyway you like.  If some jerk doesn't like your work...tough shit.  Until they have a track record to match yours, nobody cares what they think.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

If some jerk doesn't like your work...tough shit.  Until they have a track record to match yours, nobody cares what they think.

Thank you for your compliment )) It does you credit. However, I didn't say anywhere that I don't like Stephen's excellent works. I just said that these or other details do not correspond to historical realities. As the saying is, feel the difference, Sir.

Have a good time! :hi:

• Like 1

Notwithstanding all of the above - good work, Stephen1918!  Your many and varied improvements to the series are appreciated!

• Like 1

I want to say that I consider Crawford one of my good friends here at Combat Ace. Although I admit there have been times when I simply didn't want to hear it, I must say that his comments have always been honest, accurate, and delivered with respect. I believe that nobody is above learning, so I try to welcome all comments. I don't approve of the "take it or leave it" attitude that some modders seem to have.  

Crawford and others here have helped me improve my contributions to FE. I hope that everyone here will feel free to suggest improvements to my projects, as long as you understand that I will decide if and when to make changes.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 4

Stephen1918, your posting of any new files are always one of my immediate downloads.  Your exacting demands of your own work have yet to disappoint!

Thanks yet again for all your impressive contributions.

• Like 2

I want to say that I consider Crawford one of my good friends here at Combat Ace. Although I admit there have been times when I simply didn't want to hear it, I must say that his comments have always been honest, accurate, and delivered with respect. I believe that nobody is above learning, so I try to welcome all comments. I don't approve of the "take it or leave it" attitude that some modders seem to have.  

Crawford and others here have helped me improve my contributions to FE. I hope that everyone here will feel free to suggest improvements to my projects, as long as you understand that I will decide if and when to make changes.

Talk about weasel wording!  First you say that you consider everyone's comments, and then say you decide if and when to make changes.  Ultimately, you are no different from me, but I'm more honest and upfront about it.  Just because everyone is entitled to their opinion does not automatically mean it is a well informed opinion, and therefore worthy of consideration.

I have been slowly transitioning to WOFF's excellent mod in anticipation of their upcoming WW2 release, and will now accelerate that transition to a sim that looks like it was made in the 21st century.

I want to say that I consider Crawford one of my good friends here at Combat Ace.

Thank you, Stephen, I'm touched. Your words are very valuable to me. I'm sincerely glad that I can consider myself your friend. This is a great honor for me.

• Like 2