Skyviper

A Humble Request Please

I understand that a lot of time, effort, and resources goes into making the various mods that we see here on CombatACE. I really appreciate your efforts. Many of you have shared your creations that are perfect replicas of the aircraft a lot of us enjoy seeing in action. You've given us scenarios based on actual events that allow us, to someway, relive the events that shaped our history. You've created objects such as buildings to give the new aircraft another target to destroy, and campaigns and that bring all of things together with such harmony that it's poetic.

My humble request; my respectful request, to have a mod for SF2:NA or Europe (I had others but they were lost). I would like a mission or campaign, that adds a building. That should be nuked. Because from this building comes these evil software updates that fuck with every damn thing. These updates for whatever reasons imaginable are to improve things. And oh you try to do everything in your power to stop them but the damn things keep coming and undo hours upon hours of work, or they will screw with every last program somehow on your computer. But this company, big and grand as they freaking are, can kiss my fat behind. But you know and I know that ye little ant will never be heard by big ole giant. So, for cathartic purposes. I'd like to have a little mission or two that will allow me to simulate the complete and total freaking destruction of these horrible facilities.

This is getting ridiculous all this crap they're doing.

• Like 1

Soooo, what would be your delivery system ?????

I do have the B-52 Superpack and B-2 mods for the straight up nuking aspect of the campaign. I'm getting real good with using the B-2 for high altitude level bombing.

I could also use the C-130 to drop a MOAB. to be a bit more practical.

Or A--10 with JDAMs and or gravity bombs. Use the main guns to mop up.

Or for carrier based ops. An F/A-18 with JDAM, or gravity bombs.

What are your thoughts? What would you use?

In the end I would say B-2 would be my choice. It's all stealthy n' stuff.

A humble request for a mission/campaign to nuke the Microsoft Campus. Now that's hilarious and iOS might use such a venture for their in-house humor roll.

I've officially seen it all now. I can rest easy tonight that someone officially just broke the internet.

May the force be with you.

• Like 2

Oh but you see, it's all Windows 10 now, for all eternity, meaning that things that worked and were certified for Windows 10 two years ago no longer work with Windows 10 as it is now, and things working and certified with Windows 10 now are not guaranteed to work with Windows 10 next year, unless you don't do any update at all, except for some reason you can't escape some updates... that's progress you see, and clear, pertinent information for the end user.

Dropping retro-compatibility between major releases is one thing, but dropping it within the same major branch and not clearly documenting it or letting the average user opting out of it ? That's pure, unbridled genius Microsoft...

A humble request for a mission/campaign to nuke the Microsoft Campus. Now that's hilarious and iOS might use such a venture for their in-house humor roll.

I've officially seen it all now. I can rest easy tonight that someone officially just broke the internet.

May the force be with you.

I don't know man. Every time I say something like that... I see something even weirder. Like on Imgur yesterday.

I feel weird about using nukes in these sims I guess it's to cavalier to do so in the light of the times,,, you've seen my work,, and now that I've figured out how to use the ai bombers that are my wingmen we can way waste to any target with conventional bombs the trick is not to make it hookey I've got a B-52H launching the popeye missle and that has a range of my last guess 200 miles. I still haven' t got the cruise missle I just fake it with the popeyes

Edited by yubba

i thought that was the gaddamevilcommbuilding,  already stock in game :biggrin:

• Like 2

I really don't get that one too often though. Like 1 in a hundred times I think. I'm usually getting runways, fuel tanks, hangars. Once I got a bridge to take out.

Yeah what gives it starts out,, with a bridge ,, then it's the same air base over and over well in wov1 any ways,, I guess the campaign isn't dynamic because the enemy sure works their butts off,, because the next mission in to the same base no damage,..

You're lucky it's the Microsoft version because just imagine the Microhard version which probably changes daily.