Stephen1918

Taube with rifleman

Today I uploaded a Taube for First Eagles. There were many versions of the Taube produced in the years leading up to World War I. When the war began different versions were being used in large numbers, on all fronts for recon missions. This is the Kondor Taube, which I think is representive of the "classic" Taube. 

I have added a rifle for the observer, which he will aim and fire. I have made significant changes to the wires on the front to give the gunner more room to move. Ojcar made the FM, and he made signifuicant improvements to the way the gunner moves and fires.

post-67404-0-14983100-1494798234.jpg

post-67404-0-12161500-1494798257.jpg

post-67404-0-90854500-1494798265.jpg

post-67404-0-68985200-1494798271.jpg

• Like 7

Great stuff, Stephen1918 - congratulations on this fine model and the observer/rifleman animation! 

• Like 2

Thank you, this 'pigeon' is simply wonderful. I don't know what to say! :good:

REALLY I LOVE IT!!!

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

Thank you so much! Wonderfull!!

• Like 1

Hello FE2 Flyers,

If you'd like your rifle-armed observer a bit more aggressive or double-jointed  :spiteful: in Stephen's beautiful Taube, try the following code for the [Gunner] entry of the data ini, under // Crew:

GunRange=300
PitchModelNodeName=Body
PitchAngleRate=35
MaxPitch=50
MinPitch=-20
DefaultPitchAngle=25
YawLimited=TRUE
YawModelNodeName=Body
YawAngleRate=35
MaxYaw=220
MinYaw=70

DefaultYawAngle=90

His feet rarely poke out of the fuselage this way, while attacks on the Taube will lead to more frequent responses by the observer.

Happy flying,
Von S
Edited by VonS
  • Like 2

Nice!

The reason the gunner is so ineffective in my version is that I tried to prevent him from shooting through the prop, so you need to come up under your enemy before the gunner reacts.

But you will definitely see him shoot more often by using VonS's revisions.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Hi Ya Stephen great to see you still making planes for FE
I don't have the game anymore so i cant test them in game , but I couldn't resist making some wings for your wonderful creation ! keep up the good work
i hope they can  be of some use 18813633_10158723433825006_2476550722393 
18700235_10158723434095006_6735941873357

18739974_10158723432070006_6171963962380

• Like 4

Gambit, these look great. Will you put them into the Download section, please? 

• Like 1

Hi, Stephen!

I am getting some strange artifacts when I fly Taube.
If you look back from the cockpit, strange lines are visible near the tail. Obviously, they are linked to the elevator and move together with the movement of the control stick. Anyone else have this problem? You know how to fix that?

Thanks!

post-89859-0-58673500-1496213284_thumb.jpg

Gambit, these look great. Will you put them into the Download section, please? 

it's uploaded :biggrin:  

• Like 2

Hi, Stephen!

I am getting some strange artifacts when I fly Taube.

If you look back from the cockpit, strange lines are visible near the tail. Obviously, they are linked to the elevator and move together with the movement of the control stick. Anyone else have this problem? You know how to fix that?

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll look into it.

The problem was with the elevators. In the Taube, the tailplane used warping and didn't have moving elevators, but the data file was causing the parts to move anyway. You were seeing the cables detaching when the part moved. I went into the data file and removed the model node names.

I have uploaded a new version. If you have already downloaded the Taube. Use this data file to correct the problem.

TaubeDataV2.zip

it's uploaded :biggrin:  

Thank you!

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1

The problem was with the elevators. In the Taube, the tailplane used warping and didn't have moving elevators, but the data file was causing the parts to move anyway. You were seeing the cables detaching when the part moved. I went into the data file and removed the model node names.

I have uploaded a new version. If you have already downloaded the Taube. Use this data file to correct the problem.

That is exactly what we need! Thanks again, Steve!

Also, I'm found another small glitch, but it refers to skins, not to the model. Yesterday I installed excellent skins made by gambit168. After I selected in the loadout screen a 'white squares & crosses', I saw a dove - the half-albino. Earlier, a similar bug occurred with Albatros DI of Prince Friedrich Karl von Preußen... If someone will face this problem, it is easy to fix. It seems that the game doesn't like the long names of the directory. After renaming the 'White squares & crosses' folder to Linen2, the problem goes away.

post-89859-0-00733900-1496566772_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

This plane looks like a bird... :good:

Edited by Coupi

Just wondering - can the observer/rifleman be installed in the Farman HF.20 or Fokker M.7/B.1 model? 

Just wondering - can the observer/rifleman be installed in the Farman HF.20 or Fokker M.7/B.1 model? 

They sure can, and already done for the ver. 8.9 FM update...will upload the pack within the next day or two.

Happy flying,

Von S

Edit to my post above: the static observers/riflemen have been installed into the early Farman and Fokker two-seater types...haven't experimented with installing the animated observer from the Taube, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Happy flying,

Von S

I think the rifleman in the Taube is a part of the physical model and would need to be added to any model by the author in 3d max

• Like 2

I think the rifleman in the Taube is a part of the physical model and would need to be added to any model by the author in 3d max

You're absolutely right. The gunner figures are actually added in 3DS Max as components of the model. To use the new gunner Stephen would need to redo the original mesh.

Edited by Crawford

http://combatace.com/files/file/16488-taube-skins-final-ver/  
hi guys delete the old version  the new skins are finished and not just the fabric , with better folder names 
i found a setup exe in my files turned out to be FE1 so i run it hey presto , i  have FE working now so i can work out which files are for which planes  :biggrin:

• Like 1

http://combatace.com/files/file/16488-taube-skins-final-ver/  

hi guys delete the old version  the new skins are finished and not just the fabric , with better folder names 

i found a setup exe in my files turned out to be FE1 so i run it hey presto , i  have FE working now so i can work out which files are for which planes  :biggrin:

I tried it. That is some exellent work! It looks great, and I don't have any problem with that stuff at all.

Thank alot!

• Like 1

A demand for FM masters. Its possible to create new-alternativ-FM for excelent Stephens Taube ? Without rifleman-only two pilots (using hidden tricks) and  armed (only) with 4 or 6 grenades ?

Thanks a lot.

HerGr

A demand for FM masters. Its possible to create new-alternativ-FM for excelent Stephens Taube ? Without rifleman-only two pilots (using hidden tricks) and  armed (only) with 4 or 6 grenades ?

Thanks a lot.

HerGr

Well, I'm not the biggest expert at here. Nevertheless, I think that I'll be right if I say that with the help of tricks you can only make the "invisible gunner" (somewhere on the forum described how to do it). However, in order to remove the gunner's figure and replace it with unarmed observer, you NEED to make changes to the lods. Just wait to Stephen to get to them, if he wants...

But after making changes to the ini files, you can achieve that gunner learns to drop bombs -- of course, without letting go of the rifle. )))

Edited by Crawford

you can use an ini trick to remove the armed observer and you can add an unarmed one the same way you add a pilot. If no one else does it I'll modify the data.ini and post it here latter today.

post-5105-0-41833900-1498406380_thumb.jpg

Edited by whiteknight06604
  • Like 2