Stephen1918

Taube with rifleman

you can use an ini trick to remove the armed observer and you can add an unarmed one the same way you add a pilot.

Indeed? Strange, I did not succeed... :scratch:

In that case, why is it everywhere written that in the games of TW series the gunner is part of the aircraft mesh, so you can not just take it and replace it with something else??? :dntknw:

I admit that my knowledge was not enough... but I'm glad that I was wrong.

you can remove any part part of a model but you can't move that part to another model. in most cases the gunner is a part of the planes mesh and can be removed. you can add a pilot or just about any object set up like a pilot to any plane so once the gunner is removed you can put a pilot figure in it's place but due to game engine limits that pilot can't be animated like a gunner.

• Like 2

you can remove any part part of a model but you can't move that part to another model. in most cases the gunner is a part of the planes mesh and can be removed. you can add a pilot or just about any object set up like a pilot to any plane so once the gunner is removed you can put a pilot figure in it's place but due to game engine limits that pilot can't be animated like a gunner.

Ah, there it is! :doh:  I understood. Thanks!

Wonderful new Taube model, thank you very much Steve! :biggrin:

S!

vonOben

Whiteknigt 06604 thank you very much for alternative FM for unarmed Taube.

Hergr

I'm going to get a refined version with a grenade bomb load all packaged up then ask Stephen if it's ok if I post the whole package to combatace

ok here are the ini files needed to change the current and excellent Taube into one with no armed observer and a small load of grenades.When i have a little more time I do plan on making a complete version with all the necessary files and .lods with permission of course.

Taube.rar

• Like 2

And yet, when looking from the cockpit, the observer is not visible. The front pit seems empty, and only when you switch to external views your colleague appears ))
By the way, do you know how to make the pilots cast a shadow? Now they are like vampires with no shadows. At that, the gunner has a shadow, because he is a part of the airplane... Actually, for stock pilots, it's enough to make an appropriate entry in the .ini file. For example:

[shadow]
CastShadow=TRUE
ShadowCastDist=1000
MaxVisibleDistance=500

But the pilots made by Stephen seem to have no .ini files ...  :dntknw:

The Real World has been holding me prisoner for several weeks. I managed to escape today, but I'll have to go back tomorrow.

Gambit168 - thanks for the revised skins. They're a good addition to the plane. I like it when I can download something new for FE.

HerGr, whiteknight06604, Crawford - I tried making a rifleman as an add-on pilot, but there is no way to make him move, so the static armed observer is the best alternative. VonS has figured out how to alter the FM so that gun shots come from his vicinty, and that works pretty well.

Whiteknight - I approve of your revisions to the Taube. Check your messages.

Crawford - There is an ini for my pilots included with the FE2 version. But I don't know where to place it in FE1. If you can figure it out, please post your solution here.

• Like 2

There is an ini for my pilots included with the FE2 version. But I don't know where to place it in FE1. If you can figure it out, please post your solution here.

If it's (still) like SF1, the pilot's ini goes where all the other pilot files (lod, bmp, etc) are, iirc....

/Objects/Aircraft

as just loose files

• Like 2

Crawford - There is an ini for my pilots included with the FE2 version. But I don't know where to place it in FE1. If you can figure it out, please post your solution here.

Hi, Steve! Yes, everything is as described by Wrench. I just have nothing to add to his words. 

The question is removed. It was a really stupid question. Earlier, when I was trying to create ini-files for your pilots, I took as a basis the appropriate stock pilots files. I just replaced the corresponding names of the files to GerHelmetPilot or FrHelmetPilot :

[LOD001]

Filename=wwiPilotNew1.lod <----------Changed to GerHelmetPilot.lod

Distance=50

MinObjectDistance=0.1

MaxObjectDistance=300.0

[LOD002] <------------------------------------Removed this entry

Filename=wwiPilotNew_LOD2.lod

Distance=150

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=50 <----------------!!! In accordance with the distance to the object, it seemed to me

But when you switch to the external view, the distance to the object is more than 50 meters! Accordingly, the shadows were not cast. Now I wonder why I did not notice this before! Stupidity or inattention - that's the question! :fool:

Indeed, in the directory GerHelmetPilot > FE2 there is a file with such data:

[LOD001]

Filename = GerHelmetPilot.lod

Distance = 5000

[shadow]

CastShadow = TRUE

ShadowCastDist = 1000

MaxVisibleDistance = 150

(Until that moment, I didn't go in the FE2 folder of your download, because I use FE1)

I'm sorry to trouble you!

• Like 1