Morning Guy's

I don't know whats going on with my PC lately, but it seem that ever game I'm putting in dosen't want to work, now it's IL-2 COD, (worked fine in the past) after installing said game, the COD exe won't start the game, just nothing happens, Does anybody know how to fix this .

OS win 8.1 / 10 (Microsoft free update)

what was the last thing you did with the OS  if I was to guess Direct X would be where I'd start first.

Edited by yubba

what was the last thing you did with the OS  if I was to guess Direct X would be where I'd start first.

Done nothing to the OS apart from install First Eagles and the DX9,that you suggested young sir. as far as I know my direct X is up to date, but I think it's DX10 and DX11, the PC wont let me install DX9 with the two newer one's in there. so could I use the same DX9 I used in First Eagles, and put it into the root folder? 

I just uninstalled the game and re-installed it and yes it appears that it did actually install the Direct x, still no joy, so tried the same as First Eagles but that didn't work either. so don't know what to do now.   

I just uninstalled the game and re-installed it and yes it appears that it did actually install the Direct x, still no joy, so tried the same as First Eagles but that didn't work either. so don't know what to do now.   

Since I'm running vista and xp machines I'll have to hand this off to someone that is running a more current OS than me,, 32bit games don't fare well in 64bit machines from my understanding.

Edited by yubba

Is the Steam dashboard giving you this message: "Installing: Microsoft VC Redist Package" ,and freeze up or just show a continuous loading icon?  Or, does it just crash to desktop?

Is the Steam dashboard giving you this message: "Installing: Microsoft VC Redist Package" ,and freeze up or just show a continuous loading icon?  Or, does it just crash to desktop?

Microsoft VC Redist installs just fine, no problems at all as does Direct x, clicking the COD exe is where I seem to get the problem, it will start to load  then nothing, just stops

Try the Cloder fix first as it doesn't take as much effort (the ATAG mods have to be installed exactly per instructions including reboots, etc., but they are great game improvements).  Here's a link.  Cloder downloads are at the bottom of the first email by sKYO:  http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

Oh, also if you install Cloder, click that icon to start the game and not the original game .exe icon.

Try the Cloder fix first as it doesn't take as much effort (the ATAG mods have to be installed exactly per instructions including reboots, etc., but they are great game improvements).  Here's a link.  Cloder downloads are at the bottom of the first email by sKYO:  http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

Oh, also if you install Cloder, click that icon to start the game and not the original game .exe icon.

Hi Czech6, No joy with the Cloder fix, or the ATAG mod, installed as per instructions, Nothing has changed, still don't work. So now I have had enough. Not going to bother with it anymore, But thanks for your help and yubba.also.

Hi Czech6, No joy with the Cloder fix, or the ATAG mod, installed as per instructions, Nothing has changed, still don't work. So now I have had enough. Not going to bother with it anymore, But thanks for your help and yubba.also.

Have you got any kind of PC System Maintenance Toolkit on your PC. Or alternatively do you do regular maintenance on your PC?

I f you do not maintain your computer regularly you will find that gradually over a period of time things will stop working and this will get worse until you address the issues with your computer which may prevent certain games from starting up and loading........

Did the games work before ??? there might be one last ditch thing you can do,,,,I'd look and see if you got a restore point,, like I said it is a last ditch action to be taken,, I even got out from under an older ransom ware attack by useing it.. as always to do this at your own risk.

Have you got any kind of PC System Maintenance Toolkit on your PC. Or alternatively do you do regular maintenance on your PC?

I f you do not maintain your computer regularly you will find that gradually over a period of time things will stop working and this will get worse until you address the issues with your computer which may prevent certain games from starting up and loading........

Yes I have a  PC System Maintenance Toolkit on my PC, and it runs daily.

Did the games work before ??? there might be one last ditch thing you can do,,,,I'd look and see if you got a restore point,, like I said it is a last ditch action to be taken,, I even got out from under an older ransom ware attack by useing it.. as always to do this at your own risk.

Hi yubba

unfortunately the last time ran IL-2 COD was about two or maybe 3 years ago, had to get a new PC since then. so I think all is lost with this one. never mind there is plenty more out there, and I did manage to get First Eagles to run with the help of you guy's so all is not lost.

Yes I have a  PC System Maintenance Toolkit on my PC, and it runs daily.

Hi yubba

unfortunately the last time ran IL-2 COD was about two or maybe 3 years ago, had to get a new PC since then. so I think all is lost with this one. never mind there is plenty more out there, and I did manage to get First Eagles to run with the help of you guy's so all is not lost.

It bites getting a new machine, and can't run the classics on it,,, will first eagles 2 run on your new machine ??? I've debated about getting a new machine and if it won't run IL-2 I'm not having any part of it,but the online community is shrinking and I've been looking at war thunder but it looks to arcadeish,, but ROF looks good , I got 4 or 5 older dell xp machines that didn't cost me more than the little bit of labor to get them to run again,, I would watch for county or state auctions you can get computers by the pallet full for pennies on the dollar,, 

Now I haven't done it but I heard that you might be able,,, to make a partition on your hard drive and put in another OS,, here's a link,, hopefully someone in here, with more knowledge can say whether this is a good idea,or not,, I'm just a front guy that comes up with these ideas.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-partition-a-hard-drive-2626081 

Edited by yubba

It bites getting a new machine, and can't run the classics on it,,, will first eagles 2 run on your new machine ??? I've debated about getting a new machine and if it won't run IL-2 I'm not having any part of it,but the online community is shrinking and I've been looking at war thunder but it looks to arcadeish,, but ROF looks good , I got 4 or 5 older dell xp machines that didn't cost me more than the little bit of labor to get them to run again,, I would watch for county or state auctions you can get computers by the pallet full for pennies on the dollar,, 

Now I haven't done it but I heard that you might be able,,, to make a partition on your hard drive and put in another OS,, here's a link,, hopefully someone in here, with more knowledge can say whether this is a good idea,or not,, I'm just a front guy that comes up with these ideas.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-partition-a-hard-drive-2626081 

yubba, I can run IL-2 1946 on my pc Win8.1/win10 with no problems at all, and with all the mods from SAS1946, which include WW1 1916, Spanish civil war 1936, WW2 1946, and Jet Age 1956... lot's of choice there.

I don't know enough about PC to start messing around with partitioning, so I won't even go there :biggrin:

PS. I don't have First Eagles 2, I can't afford to buy it either, oap state pension, which ain't a lot. :bad: 

Edited by waterloo

yubba, I can run IL-2 1946 on my pc Win8.1/win10 with no problems at all, and with all the mods from SAS1946, which include WW1 1916, Spanish civil war 1936, WW2 1946, and Jet Age 1956... lot's of choice there.

I don't know enough about PC to start messing around with partitioning, so I won't even go there :biggrin:

PS. I don't have First Eagles 2, I can't afford to buy it either, oap state pension, which ain't a lot. :bad:

Boy that's alot of downloading,, that's why I opted to do Strike Fighters,,, First Eagle,, and IL-2 412.2 and sas,,, and I found my Mighty 8th disk so I got that loaded to my poor machine,, do you fly online hyperlobby IL-2 ??? with the machine you got can you fly Rise of Flight ???

Hi yubba, No i have never flown online, For some reason i've never fancied doing it, but you never know, one day i may be putting bullets in your butt :biggrin: Or the other way round.

Happy Flying my friend     :airplane:  

Hi yubba, No i have never flown online, For some reason i've never fancied doing it, but you never know, one day i may be putting bullets in your butt :biggrin: Or the other way round.

Happy Flying my friend     :airplane:  

Every body else does,,, So you are an off liner,,British,, so you'r Flying the Spits,, they are modeled pretty good,, me being a jarhead I like naval ops,,, I like the Corsairs,,, a man over at Free Modding named Mr. Watson made or remodeled the Corsairs 4  different models the F4U-1 USMC   F4U-1A USMC   F4U-1C USMC  and the D  he redid the Flight models to where the speed of the plane is close to what it was in real life they fly very nicely,, a game changer for offline Pacific ops

Hi yubba,

Yes i like the Spits, Or Hurricane, which seems it will take a lot more punishment than the Spit, but i only use these in BOB campaigns, In Europe ot the Pacific, i use what ever the op calls for, depending on which side I'm on, (Except bombers,Don't do bombers) Korea, normaly the F-86 Sabre, which i find a bit sluggish against the Mig 15, I think if the Sabre didn't have the advantage of radar gun's it would lose. I've flown the Mig 15 and it way out turns the F-86.,

So really I would say I'm an all rounder.

Les

I'll tell you alittle secret about the IL-2 gun sight it is bore sighted for 200 yards,,I have found that one click up of Head movement adds 200 yards to the sight,, so if you do one click up you are bore sighted for 400 yards ,and set covergance to 450 it seems to do the trick for the shots I remembered in other sims ,though I am dismayed about the realistic gunnery option.

I'll tell you alittle secret about the IL-2 gun sight it is bore sighted for 200 yards,,I have found that one click up of Head movement adds 200 yards to the sight,, so if you do one click up you are bore sighted for 400 yards ,and set covergance to 450 it seems to do the trick for the shots I remembered in other sims ,though I am dismayed about the realistic gunnery option.

Yes, a little worth noting methinks, might give that a try.