OK, next on the chopping block, Ya, I know I've slacked, but RL gott In the way. 90% Done. Ya and Max 2009 this time..

• Like 6

The P-40B/C is one of my all-time favorite airplanes thanks to the AVG. I know the British were the first to put the shark mouth on the P-40 and apparently they were inspired by NAZI schemes, but I grew up with P-40 toys in AVG paint schemes on the shelves of every store. The P-40E seems to be the more common model/toy, but I like the sleeker look of the P-40B/C. The prototype XP/YP-37 was even seen in Bugs Bunny cartoons. It is rare for the AVG variant to be modeled in games. The AVG P-40s were pieced together from leftovers from other British and USAAF contracts. They were closer to a P-40B, but were a Frankenstein mix of British, P-40B, and P-40C parts with lighter air frames (lacking some later armor) and uprated blue-printed engines. Of course, the key to the success of the AVG was more from their tactics and pilot experience/skills than the otherwise mediocre if not outright inferior performance of the P-40. But my love for the P-40B/C isn't based on aircraft specs but their looks in AVG colors and their legendary performance against the otherwise unbeatable Japanese of that time frame.

• Like 2

Stary gave me his P-40B pit, and I'm going snag the radio's for mine. Last thing I need,then render the LOD. RL is still getting in the way. I still need a few things to put my new PC together, I7 Madness, Just need a PSU and some Ripjaw.Then 3D Heaven, Oh and a new Hotas joystick.

• Like 4