Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Super Hornet shoots down Syrian Su-22

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mideast-crisis-syria-usa-idUKKBN1990X7?il=0

Later the U.S. Central Command issued a statement saying the Syrian plane was downed "in collective self-defence of Coalition-partnered forces," identified as fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) near Tabqah.

It said that "pro-Syrian regime forces" had earlier attacked an SDF held town south of Tabqa and wounded a number of fighters and driving them from the town.

Coalition aircraft in a show of force stopped the initial advance. When a Syrian army SU-22 jet later dropped bombs near the U.S. backed forces, it was immediately shot by a U.S. F/A-18E Super Hornet, the statement said.

https://www.rt.com/news/392941-us-led-coalition-downed-syrian-plane/

The downing of the Syrian warplane, an Su-22, was confirmed by an official press statement from Operation Inherent Resolve, the US-led international task force against IS, which accused the Syrian government of targeting fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led militia.

“At 6:43pm, a Syrian regime SU-22 dropped bombs near SDF fighters south of Tabqah and, in accordance with rules of engagement and collective self-defense of Coalition partnered forces, was immediately shot down by a US F/A-18E Super Hornet,” the statement read.

https://theaviationist.com/2017/06/19/u-s-navy-fa-18e-super-hornet-downs-syrian-su-22-near-raqqa-syria-and-here-is-everything-we-know/

And here’s the response to the downing from the Russian MoD:

Statement of the Russian Defence Ministry concerning downing of the Syrian Su-22 near the town of Resafa

On June 18, 2017 the American fighter F-18A (Get it right!!) belonging to the international coalition shot down the Su-22 aircraft of the Syrian Air Force, which was performing a combat mission supporting the government troops, which were conducting the offensive against the ISIS terrorists near the town of Resafa (40 km to the south-west of the city of Raqqa).

As a result of the attack, the Syrian aircraft was destroyed. The pilot baled out over an ISIS-controlled area, his status is unknown.

The destruction of the aircraft of the Syrian Air Force by the American aviation in the air space of Syria – is a cynical violation of the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic.

Numerous combat activities of the US aviation carried out under the cover of “fight against terrorism” aimed against the legitimate Armed Forces of a UN-member is a blatant breach of the international law and is in fact an act of military aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.

Moreover, at that time the aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces were also performing combat missions in the air space of Syria. However, the Command of the coalition forces did not use the existing channels of communication between the Command of the Al Udeid Air Base (Qatar) and the Hmeymim Air Base Command to prevent air incidents in the air space of Syria.

The Russian party considers those actions of the US Command as an intentional failure to fulfill its obligations within the Memorandum on prevention of incidents and providing of flight security during the operations in Syria dated October 20, 2015.

Since June 19, 2017, the Russian Defence Ministry has stopped the cooperation with the American party within the Memorandum on prevention of incidents and providing of flight security during the operations in Syria and demands a thorough investigation of the incident by the US Command with further providing of information on its results and the taken measures.

In the combat mission zones of the Russian aviation in the air space of Syria, all kinds of airborne vehicles, including aircraft and UAVs of the international coalition detected to the west of the Euphrates River will be tracked by the Russian SAM systems as air targets.

FA18Shootdown-OIR.png

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 1

Terrible ..... Its time we all start to think a little.

Quote:

"accused the Syrian government of targeting fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces, a Kurdish-led militia"

Don't forget to attack Turkey, they also seem to target Kurdish forces. 

Splash one Fitter.... Mother Fuckers!

About fucking time.....

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

All the terrorists are applauding - now they have air cover. Congratulations to "our heroes"...  Allah Akbar America.

post-81039-0-46381200-1497856816.jpg

Edited by Snailman

The US is more interested in letting this war going on, than end it ... 

Agree 100%

Su-22 is USNavy's favorite target since 1981, it seems

Somehow, i wish the Sukhoi pilot made it alive, but still, i think a NoFlyZone sould have been enforced before ISIS took over

• Like 1

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

The aircraft involved appears to be "War Party 304" belonging to VFA-87 with CVW-8. There are conflicting reports of the weapon expended being either a pair of AIM-9X Sidewinders or a single AIM-120D AMRAAM.

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

Yeah, it really would be best if every military in the world disbanded. Without them, no one would be eager to start a war.

In the future, all conflicts should be fought by the leaders, directly, with knives in a room.

I think, after some consideration, that all the world's conflicts are between the people and the power-holders (goverment, elite, etc).  Sounds a bit marxist, but this one feels true. There is no left or right, but up or down. The "up" trying to turn the "down" against each other to keep ruling them.

But, on the other hand, what "liberals" and other chaos-seekers are trying to achieve is to degrade all governments to a minimal level in the name of freedom and equality - but their masters are the trillionaire elite. What will arise from their chaos is the most brutal and cruel dictatorship ever seen in human history...  The pure despotism of money. 

Because you cannot be free without money..  you can do what you want if you have money for it.  And the one who has more money has more freedom and is more equal than you. If I have trillions, without a responsible government or equal institute to limit me - I can really do what I want. I can be perfectly free and rule. I can buy the hospital I can buy the press, the church, the school, I can enforce my own laws and even recruit a personal army. I am the state. And the circle is closed.

In theory I can be a "good king"...  But as Machiavelli said, fear is stronger than love. People can sooner betray those who they love than those whom they are afraid of... 

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 1

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/news/a27094/su-22-dodge-aim-9x-sidewinder/

interesting article 

And @all that say "about fucking time" 

It is still Syria lead by Assad and fucking REBELS try to overtake the regime... It is their right to defend their country and ground... even if they dont fit into the allmighty US "standarts"

Still What the fuck is the US doing there ... it was ignored for years .. and now they differentiate between muslim extremists and medium muslim terrorists ???

Good work US administration! Realy good work! 

Russia should close the air for foreign planes, so all the "GOOD" westernes, that don`T invade countries, just defend them since the last century, can go home to their families ... make some BBQ, invite neighbours and having a good life ..

But fuck out of Syria and anywhere else ...

• Like 3

Russia should close the air for foreign planes, so all the "GOOD" westernes, that don`T invade countries, just defend them since the last century, can go home to their families ... make some BBQ, invite neighbours and having a good life ..

Why? What is their business in the whole affair?

They just want some warm water to base their rusting shipping-hulls in. Putin doesn't give a rat's ass about Assad or Syria.

The bottom-line is: Saudi-Arabia and Iran are in a d*ckfight over which son of their favourite imaginary friend's earthly's representative was the true heir to their imaginary friend's ideology 500 years ago. Don't undestand that sentence? Me neither, but it's a big deal to them.

Let them fight it out among themselves and pull out. That counts for both "the West" and "Russia".

Kind of like the Chinese are doing - stealing from the save behind the bartender, while the rest is engaged in a brawl over who's playing loaded dice.

• Like 2

Russians don`t give a shit, thats right .. but that should be the same for all involved ... otherwise i need to change my business and sell weapons ... thats more legal than drugs .. and supported by the goverments 

Chinese think different, they think in generations, not decades like the westerners. 

One generation get a food into a country, establish something economical there, the next generation runs the business and expand further ... the third generation is leading the economical hubs around the world