Buddy1998

Any plane modders have objections?

Hi to all Aircraft Modders,

Rather than send each of you a PM, I thought to post this out there and see if anyone objects to my use of their plane MOD in WOFF UE.

I'm able to convert the models for static planes in WOFF UE. Also, I don't have the ability or experience to model the aircraft's flight.

see this thread at simHQ (I purposely did not include the plane's author so he doesn't get spammed with PMs): http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4367098/walking-the-dog-animation-wip#Post4367098

In the spirit of MODDing, all aircrafts will have credit given to the author and used as a free mod only. That will be made explicitly clear in the readme and on the thread. I will not make any alterations to the model, except to fit/resize into the WOFF setting.

If you all agree, then I will go ahead with the conversions. Or please let me know otherwise.

*unfolds his seat*

*grabs pop-corn*

*sits comfortably, grinning*

Now this could prove entertaining...

• Like 2

*watches as the movers bring in my rocker recliner*

*puts ice cold twelver in mini fridge that's in arms reach of my chair*

*unpacks his order of ghost pepper chicken wings on the side table*

*throws the recliner back into cruise mode*

*gives a "hey what's up" to GR*

*tucks 1911 down next to the cushion*

*settles in for the big show*

Finally some worth watching on this channel. Hey can you grab some napkins while you're up?

• Like 3

I'm glad it's entertaining.

On a side note, I've managed to somehow make that plane flyable inside WOFF. Well, now that changes the equation and the perfect marriage is possible between two of my most beloved sims.... If only I can get a consensus, otherwise, I'll just use them for my own personal enjoyment.

As far as I know, that particular author has long since left the modding scene. It is unlikely that he will make any claims about the use of his model ...

I believe it would be preferable if you would convert some models from WOFF to FE. :grin: The Halberstadt D.II, for example.

post-89859-0-06939800-1499157077.jpg

Edited by Crawford

Crawford, I wish I could, but all their aircraft are copyright and they do not allow their use inside other games. I could get into legal trouble. FE, however has "free" planes made by modders which have not such copyright or I can't find it.

I guess then my only course of action would be to send individual emails and wait for the mod authors to respond. If I don't get any responses within a certain time frame, then I'll use the models with all credits given and all that stuff.

• Like 1

Maybe stephen1918 can give you the authorization for his planes ?

Well, try it. At the moment, we have only two or three man who create something for the WWI. True, there is also Capun, but he's a terrible miser ...

capun banned me, I never knew why :)

• Like 1

Buddy1998 - First, thanks for asking. 

Second - I have spent several years working with other modders to make First Eagles a better game. Other modders have also contributed, and I have benefited from their contributions. I really do not want to see my efforts used to make another game a better game because I will not be able to benefit from that. Please do not use my planes for anything other than FE. Of course, if you want to make mods for FE, contact me and you will have my full support.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 4

Thank you Stephen for your response. I will not use your planes for WOFF.

For the record, I have provided Buddy1998 with my Martinsyde files, plus many ground object packs.  He has my full permission to use them in WOFF as he sees fit.

• Like 2

Greetings gents' and fellow flyers,

I also have no objections to my modded FM files for Geezer's Martinsyde being used in WOFF should Buddy1998 be interested in using the alternate/hard FM mods - I also have no objections to any of my other FM mods being used in WOFF - providing that the plane modders for those types have given their approval that the planes be used in WOFF. I recommend that Buddy1998 contact Laton, TexMurphy, etc., directly, since many of those modders don't seem to have logged on here for years.

Further to this entertaining topic, I should caution Buddy1998 that my FM mods may likely not behave the same way in the WOFF environment as they do in FE2 - so good luck re-tweaking those since I won't be doing any FM mods for WOFF, nor do I know how to implement FM mods in WOFF...as far as I know, it's much more difficult to apply FM tweaks in WOFF (I'll leave that to the OBD guys who develop WOFF).

For example, some types in WOFF require more rudder input than types in FE2 - other types require less rudder input, having more sensitive rudders than in FE2. Also keep in mind that aileron sensitivity varies across several types when the FE2/WOFF universes are compared. Another thing to keep in mind is the different stall speeds (on average about 20kph higher in WOFF across several types, but this may also be the result of other factors). Top speeds are similar when compared to my modded FMs for FE2 and are historical. Also simulated in WOFF is vertical wind (turbulence or vertical wind as imitating turbulence), while FE2 does horizontal wind adequately (still working on how to implement vertical wind in FE2). As well, engines cut out for several types when in negative Gs (in WOFF, as reminiscent of RB3D) - this I'm still analyzing for FE2 since it is currently not modelled in FE2. All of these things affect how the FM behaves in both sims.

It's probably a good idea to contact Ojcar and Peter01 too, since several of my FM mods are further tweaks to Ojcar/Peter01 FMs - others are direct mods of older Laton/TexMurphy FMs, plus one or two mods of Bortdafarm FMs.

Happy flying,

Von S

• Like 1