Nefarious

Got to be an easier way - A-6 Texture Help

On the A-6 models the Fuselage Brakes seem to go like this...

The A-6A/B have the dark holed brakes, the E's have the holes removed or filled and painted, with low vis gray on the later models.

Without painting over the brakes, how can I just take an E texture and use it for an A model to represent an A model with solid fuselage brakes?

I've attached some skins I've been working on, updating the A-6s to a little more realistic look for certain eras.

The first two are E models from VA55, the last one is an A model I'm working on for VMA-225. Trying to make it's fuselage brakes solid, no holes. 

post-6467-0-72906100-1500095962_thumb.jpg

post-6467-0-85620500-1500095973_thumb.jpg

post-6467-0-53283800-1500095998_thumb.jpg

Mue's Lod viewer should be of GREAT assistance

once you figure you where the airbrakes are mapped to, it should be an easy job to make the necessary changes on the template (which, I hope, is still somewhere in the SF2 downloads section)

EDIT:

found them:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12761-3rd-wire-a-6e-tram-a-6e-79-psd-template-set/

I'm still haveing prob whit the A-6E(79) ...still don't apperar in the aircraft list.

I downloaded the LOD viewer, but I've realized I can't extract the LODs to view. I downloaded the A-6 Template as well.

I guess I can just try to paint the speed brakes and make it work.

I was just hoping to use the E textures on the A model, they are nearly identical save the speed brakes.

Not all the A model Speed Brakes were metal with holes, that's what I'm trying to fix.

you do NOT need to extract the lods to view them; you simply double click the aircraft's main ini (in your case, A-6A.ini).  It'll pull up the aircraft on it's own

And yes, ALL the TW Intruders are mapped identicly.

It's a simple repaint of the metallic sections on *_*_3 texture. Studying all the _3 textures will show you they're all the same

a6a_lod_view.jpg

you do NOT need to extract the lods to view them; you simply double click the aircraft's main ini (in your case, A-6A.ini).  It'll pull up the aircraft on it's own

And yes, ALL the TW Intruders are mapped identicly.

It's a simple repaint of the metallic sections on *_*_3 texture. Studying all the _3 textures will show you they're all the same

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I navigate to my my A-6A.ini and it says that it could not find LOD. 

Any clues?

Well, I know it's the speed brake from your pic. I will start there.

I'm still haveing prob whit the A-6E(79) ...still don't apperar in the aircraft list.

Do you have a cockpit installed and the correct entries in the A-6E(79).ini?

(Sorry for the non-topic post)

Thanks for your help Wrench, finally got VMA-225 looking more realistic.

post-6467-0-19744600-1500216439_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

you're welcome!  glad to have helped!