Erik

The Juice is Loose

Today OJ Simpson was paroled with a release date in October. Not bad 8 years for a double murder and armed robbery. Not sure how anyone is supposed to react to that.

Earthquake's take on the Case in 2011

Steve Harvey's take on the case back when it was happening.

And Family Guy with an accurate depiction and how people will react.

I have a DVD with my Earthquake saying "You know the next brotha Johnny represents will get all of OJs time.... Double Life! For Speeding?! This some bullshit."

8 years? Wow. That's along those lines of that chick who got no jail time for falsely accusing someone and getting an innocent person imprisoned. She didn't have to serve time because she served it "mentally." I believe were the words.

Funny how the definition of justice changes from person to person.

As far as law of the land is concerned, justice has been done.

. Not sure how anyone is supposed to react to that.

its 2017. react with funny yet inappropriate memes

post-43212-0-75914700-1500666055.png

I don't disagree with you CH I just thought it was a real shame Nevada dropped a 33 year sentence on the guy for going to a photo opportunity, his words. Whatever the case is the old running back is now 70 years old and he moves like it. I doubt there's much carnage in his future. Simpson does have a 25,000.00 monthly NFL pension and money coming in from a private pension with the screen actors guild so financially he should be able to live well without the need to work. I just hope he adjusts on the outside. The world has changed since 1995 and all those things that made him who he was are all now gone.  I fear it's going to be a rough transition for him especially now he's institutionalized for 9 years but granted not as bad as most prisoners since he has his financial security. Luckily his kids he had with Nicole are now grown adults doing their own thing. The daughter, Sydney, runs her own business called Simspy and owns multiple pieces of real estate. The son, Justin, is a successful real estate agent and has an LLC. Both of the kids now live in St. Petersburg Florida so it won't be surprising as he requested of the parole board that relocation to Florida be in his future. It's unclear if a move to St. Petersburg would be allowed since he'll need to make the formal request to Nevada and also Florida to see if his parole can be moved there. All in all things are still pretty dicey for the Juice and let's not forget he only paid about 1% of the wrongful death lawsuit. That huge debt is still hanging over his head with no plans of payment to date and with the statue of limitations running out on that it's pretty convenient that he's been in jail while the limitation clock winds down. I don't think the judgement will ever get paid but maybe just maybe that was OJ's plan along. Of course he could be the luckiest man alive but that's unknown and we haven't even seen karma take a shot at him yet. I guess like all things OJ the jury is still out on all things in this guy's future.

Good luck Juice!

Hell I agree!

It was bullshit reason he got busted in 07 anyway!

I support him.

The Criminal Justice System found him innocent of double murder. ( I sympathise with him)

I think he is alright dude.

as to the move, from what i read Florida tends to allow it when family lives there, and a spokesman basically said if there is not defineable reason to deny him they have to allow him.

and while i may disagree with the tone of the innocent statement (unless i mesread ya CH), i do agree with the fact that he was found not guilty. 2007 was some court system thinking they were "setting it right"

he'll probably be able ot live pretty quiet once he gets settled if he keeps his head down rather hitting the interview circuit. worlds moved on even over the last 10 years

Yes, but what does that say about the system if you can be tried, found guilty, and sentenced for a ridiculous amount of time that doesn't fit the crime you were actually charged with?

Was he guilty in 2007? Sure, but that was an excessive sentence that shouldn't even have been possible.

The thing over 20 years ago was fishy, no debating that, and he was acquitted because the state failed to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt." All the jurors said pretty much the same thing--they think he did it, but there wasn't sufficient evidence and plenty of room for doubt, so they had to acquit. Now why did the state fail so miserably? Tons of words written on that subject with no clear answer, we won't solve it here either, because no one but the dead and the perpetrator know.

However, there is clear precedent of people getting "what they deserve" later to compensate for something earlier. Clearest case I can think of is Denzel Washington's Oscar for Training Day. I don't think it was the best performance that year, and it certainly wasn't his best in his career, but by that time it was felt he deserved to get one after missing out on earlier ones he clearly deserved more. So someone else got robbed of their deserved award so he could get it then to make up for when he didn't get the earlier one he did.

Inverse situation of what happened with OJ, but it's the same principle.