Erik

Site Updates

code.jpg

The good news is the random failures aren't really random at all. Work is being performed that may impact the site with short periods of non-responsive behavior and errors. As changes to the hardware and software occur reboots and restarts will happen. We are aware of these conditions and hope to provide the most minimal amount of impact possible.

Thank you.

• Like 9

Erik,

Thanks for the update and thanks for all you have done over the years.

• Like 2

All I see are pretty colors. Is there a free tutorial on how to make sense of all that?

• Like 1

That's what the code looks like that runs the site and supplies everyone with a pretty UI. No extra education required.

• Like 1

That's what the code looks like that runs the site and supplies everyone with a pretty UI. No extra education required.

CSS, right? CombatACE's UI is fine, simple and intuitive!

• Like 1

CSS, right? CombatACE's UI is fine, simple and intuitive!

I agree. I also have to keep the place running current software for both compatibility and security reasons, balancing the two is often hard to do. I've put this off long enough time to roll up my sleeves and get dirty.

• Like 1

I'll be changing things over soon. When the site comes back online it will take almost a day before all the content is back up and running full tilt. The core elements of the site will be converted first then tasks will take over that move our content into the new core. Please don't be alarmed when the tasks are finished everything will be back to normal and then I can get to work on the look of the site from there.

Thanks.

Testing the mobile app and device app.  😎👀👍🇺🇸🐸☕

I might have to have that app!!

I know it doesn't get said enough, but thanks again Erik for EVERYTHING you do for us and this site!!

• Thanks 2

You don't need an app. View the site on a mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop device and the site recognizes the format automatically and adjusts. You can give it a try anytime you like. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Richer embeds are now supported from: College Humor, Facebook, Flickr, Gfycat, Google+, Hulu, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

You'll also notice the entire site is now running SSL which is that green security lock on your URL bar. :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I recommend everyone visit their notification panel. Here you can decide which notifications you want to receive by email or by site notification. This will help reduce your daily emails and make participating more enjoyable. Notification Settings: https://combatace.com/notifications/options/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Work continues.

1.  There's a ton of work to do in the download section.

• I've got all the categories up to date except for SF1 and SF2. So if there's any oddities there I know about them.
  • The quick create buttons on the header and files portal are not showing the correct download categories. This is a problem with the core and a fix is being worked on. The work around is to manually browse to the location you want to upload by using the files categories. Once you get to the directory you want to put your file you should have a green "Submit a file" button. This still works so uploads are possible.
  • The support topics weren't showing images and were pretty much horked. Those have all been fixed so now images and text appears correctly.

2.  The gallery section.

• I've not touched it yet. All the categories need permissions set and a general look through of the application to make sure it's set up right.

3.  The forum section.

• Permissions.

4.  The online store.

• Should be squared away and ready to use.

5.  The ancillary sections membermaps, leaderboards, site portal, search, and various other sections.

• Should be good to go for general consumption and use.

6.  The skins.

• The site skins are just a mess right now. I've only brought the main skin online. That leaves the OFF skin, and DARK skin not even started.
  • CA Default (Light) and OFF skins released. Working on a dark skin.

There's minor work to be done in other areas but it's not causing any issues so I'll get to that when I have a chance. For now this list unless something is brought to my attention is considered the priorities from the most severe at the top to the least at the bottom.

Thanks all and I hope you're enjoying the new site.

E

• Like 2

i have a problem with opening posts , the first page is no problem but as soon as i like to change to the next page is all i get a loading symbol and nothing else is going to happen

do i have to change any settings or what is going wrong here ???

Image1.jpg

The pagination thing is us. I'm working on resolving it. Please standby. 

18 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

i have a problem with opening posts , the first page is no problem but as soon as i like to change to the next page is all i get a loading symbol and nothing else is going to happen

do i have to change any settings or what is going wrong here ???

This is now fixed. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

This thread is quiet which either means you've all gone on vacation or things are working well for everyone. :)

@Erik   Did you know you can mention and follow members just like you do on Twitter and Facebook? There's also an option in your notification settings to get notified if someone mentions you. So @ away. :smile: