• Announcements

• Erik

IMPORTANT - Please read   08/15/2017

Trying to log in? Your new username is your display name (the name shown when posting). We no longer have separate usernames and display names. Usernames were converted to display names.
      https://combatace.com/contact/ for problems logging in.
Erik

Site Updates

+Erik    759

code.jpg

The good news is the random failures aren't really random at all. Work is being performed that may impact the site with short periods of non-responsive behavior and errors. As changes to the hardware and software occur reboots and restarts will happen. We are aware of these conditions and hope to provide the most minimal amount of impact possible.

Thank you.

• Like 8

krfrge    563

Erik,

Thanks for the update and thanks for all you have done over the years.

• Like 2

Skyviper    643

All I see are pretty colors. Is there a free tutorial on how to make sense of all that?

• Like 1

+Erik    759

That's what the code looks like that runs the site and supplies everyone with a pretty UI. No extra education required.

• Like 1

Menrva    229

That's what the code looks like that runs the site and supplies everyone with a pretty UI. No extra education required.

CSS, right? CombatACE's UI is fine, simple and intuitive!

• Like 1

+Erik    759

CSS, right? CombatACE's UI is fine, simple and intuitive!

I agree. I also have to keep the place running current software for both compatibility and security reasons, balancing the two is often hard to do. I've put this off long enough time to roll up my sleeves and get dirty.

• Like 1

+Erik    759

I'll be changing things over soon. When the site comes back online it will take almost a day before all the content is back up and running full tilt. The core elements of the site will be converted first then tasks will take over that move our content into the new core. Please don't be alarmed when the tasks are finished everything will be back to normal and then I can get to work on the look of the site from there.

Thanks.

Wrench    3,009

I might have to have that app!!

I know it doesn't get said enough, but thanks again Erik for EVERYTHING you do for us and this site!!

• Thanks 1

+Erik    759

You don't need an app. View the site on a mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop device and the site recognizes the format automatically and adjusts. You can give it a try anytime you like. :smile:

+Erik    759

Richer embeds are now supported from: College Humor, Facebook, Flickr, Gfycat, Google+, Hulu, Instagram, SoundCloud, Spotify, Ted, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

+Erik    759

You'll also notice the entire site is now running SSL which is that green security lock on your URL bar. :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1