I thought I might have saw this one time in the Knowledge Base but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, or it doesn't exist.  

Anyway, do we have a "master list" of all .LOD files that would be found in each of the respective directories for Vietnam CATs; for example:

• \Terrains\VietnamSea
  • \Objects
  • \Objects\GroundObject
  • etc.

I know some of them are protected, but I would think one could reference the earlier versions or we might have a list of what .LODs were later locked away.

Thanks for any insight.

not really. in sf2, ALL the lods (even from the terrains) are locked and sealed in ObjectCat.002. (however, they can be viewed with Mue's LOD viewer).

They just can't be extracted after the (iirc) 2012 patch.

as to a complete list, I don't think one has ever been compiled. 

There was once a list of what each cat file contained but not the lods., like Wrench said you need to go to the earlier versions pre locked versions to get at them.

There was once a list of what each cat file contained but not the lods., like Wrench said you need to go to the earlier versions pre locked versions to get at them. 

Thanks Wrench and Sundowner!  I'm not interested in the actual .LODs themselves.  Just literally a text listing of .lods that would be found in each directory.  Sundowner, that sounds like exactly what I need - I'll keep looking as I was almost certain someone had dumped out and listed the contents at one point.  Not sure if it's exactly going to be what I need, but I can picture that post in my head and thought it was in the knowledge base...time to search again! 

Gerwin, that is a great start and should be very helpful - THANK YOU!   Do you happen to have or could obtain listings specifically for the Vietnam CATS which includes the list of protected .LODs by chance?  

And just in case, is it possible to get the listings without the file size info - literally a straight sequential dump of just the file names?  

Edited by swambast

You can use my catextractor. Enter *.lod into the filter field and press apply filter. In the file list window you can see now all lod files and in which cat/dlc files they are contained.

• Like 1

Gerwin and Mue, thanks both for the tag team support.  

@Mue, isn't there a way you can just point CATExtractor  to a base folder that already has just the .CAT files in there? From the looks of it, would I have to install the entire game and patch it, etc. to use your program?  I say that since it is specifically coded for the "Strike FIghters 2 Installation Directory" and just needed some clarification.

Gerwin and Mue, thanks both for the tag team support.  

@Mue, isn't there a way you can just point CATExtractor  to a base folder that already has just the .CAT files in there? From the looks of it, would I have to install the entire game and patch it, etc. to use your program?  I say that since it is specifically coded for the "Strike FIghters 2 Installation Directory" and just needed some clarification.

My catextractor expects the SF2 install directory folder structure. But you can easily create a "fake" SF2 install directory structure: e.g. create a directory "fake_sf2_install_directory". Within this directory create a subdirectory "objects". Into this objects subdirectory you copy all cat files you want to examine. Then you only have to point my catextractor to the fake_sf2_install_directory.

• Like 1

Gerwin, that is a great start and should be very helpful - THANK YOU!   Do you happen to have or could obtain listings specifically for the Vietnam CATS which includes the list of protected .LODs by chance?  

And just in case, is it possible to get the listings without the file size info - literally a straight sequential dump of just the file names?  

OK, I removed the file sizes.

All the .Lods were put in one cat file at some point, that is ObjectData002. This includes all the Vietnam related ones. It excludes some North Altantic exclusive models that came later in ObjectData025/026, which I also listed. Next, ObjectData002 excludes DLC exclusive Lods.

Would the size/contents of ObjectData002 actually differ for a Vietnam only versus a merged install? I suppose not. One could find out by installing.

SF2NA 2012-03 cat index nosizes.zip

• Like 1

If looking for Terrain Objects (buildings in each terrain), of course the **_Types.ini lists the lod names.

(but I can see I'm a bit late on the one, as Gerwin's lists cover them)

Awesome - thanks a lot, I'll give this a try and this should be incredibly helpful...   :good:

Note that there are also some LOD files in ObjectData009.CAT as well.

Thanks everyone - Gerwin since you already have the lists compiled, hate to ask, but would it be possible to create a text file listing now that has:

Only and all of the Vietnam .LOD related files is one text file (e.g., without any .bmp, .ini, etc. and that combines all the .LODs from the other CAT Files into one "master list")? 

Steve, I think I can do such without too much trouble. But can you specify from which .cat files exactly these lods should be combined. Available to me here is only a full merged install, of patch level july 2013.

Understood Gerwin, yes that is not what I would need - actually it would be VietnamSea July 2013 which were the latest, let me see what info I can pull together for you, thanks again for your help.