Sign in to follow this  
saisran

ADDING A SHIFT/MODIFIER KEY TO THRUSTMASTER T FLIGHT X

Good day,

My Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Finally kicked it so i went on Amazon and got a Thrustmaster T-Flight X . I knew i should have researched it first but i'm quite an impulsive person and the price was cheaper by 10USD compared to another Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The thing i love about the 3D Pro is that i was able to mapped most of the Vital Function like Weapons Selection, Radar Mode and Radar Range, Radar Targeting and Acquisition and Firing the Gun and Missiles all inside the buttons reached by my thumb thanks to a modifier.

Problem now is that the thing seems to lack any modifier/shiftkey and i cant seem to assign anything Using the preset and mapping just mixes the button and doesn't allow for a combo.

Am i missing something or its just how it is? If so, is there a program where i can use a modifier key to allow for multiple combinations?

Thanks.

I also use a T-Flight Stick-X (so, the stick version, not the hotas version) and I find it to be no worse than the Logi Extreme 3D Pro.
The stick "strength" adjustment on the base is a blessing (super nice to have), and the overall construction has proved to be very good, at least to me. Mine has over 2 years of constant use, no button issues, no calibration issues, just utter reliable. 
My only real beef with it is that the fire trigger feels "cheap" and minimal in comparison (to Logitech's), otherwise I think it's extremely good bang for the buck.

I'm not sure if this will solve your issue, but I often use XPADDER in those situations.

If you're not up to pay for a 3rd parties app, then get the latest freeware version of XPADDER from the following link:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/xpadder_(last_freeware_version).html

How to use install and use it:

1. Extract files to an empty folder of your choice - that'll be the XPADDER installation folder. :)

2. You'll see the XPADDER executable.
    Make sure to change its properties ---- "run as administrator" rights and "Windows XP SP3" compability must be used for any Windows 7/8/10 based system PC.

3. If you wish to do it all on your own, you have many good tutorials around, inclusively on youtube.
    For example:   https://youtu.be/HEbLO1htCcs (note that this is for the later, payware version, but it's very identical)

I already have the T-Flight Stick-X joystick configured in it for a basic setup, so perhaps you prefer to use it instead. :)
Extract this ZIP into the XPADDER 5.3 installation folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/okjfduis2ot0n64/Xpadder5-3free__T-Flight-X.zip?dl=0

If all works fine, then all you need is to adjust settings and key functions/combos for your own tastes, for any game. 

Edited by LucShep

Thanks @LucShep,

I'll try setting it up on X Padder, Maybe i need more time to adjust to the Layout of the buttons. I like having the Throttle but everything just feel weird to me somehow. May be i just got too used to the Logitech+GamingMouse set up.

I use also a Thrumaster T Flight X and I am very happy with this joystick. Assigned keys via TW configuration and ready to use. Is important that the red light is displayed, not the green.

My configuration in the joystick:

Button 1: Fire primary gun

Button 2: Fire secondary gun

Button 3: Nearest enemy

Button 4: Launch missile, bomb or rocket

Button 5: Gunsight view 

Button 6: Standand view

Button 7: Wide view

Button 8: wing leveler

Button 9: Air brakes

Button 10: weapon selection

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, regula50 said:

I use also a Thrumaster T Flight X and I am very happy with this joystick. Assigned keys via TW configuration and ready to use. Is important that the red light is displayed, not the green.

I have the same joystick. What's the difference between red and green light? I had it green. Now I changed it thanks to your input.