Hello.

I use the MuesToolBox (it is great) BUT if I want to remove a "main" part but NOT the "under parts". Is that possible?

F.eks

Node Name............................ Material ID

-HULL                                                     0             <--------------- Want to remove this part

-Panel                                               1            <--------------- But not this part  

-EnignePanel                             2

Anybody knows??

Cheers.

Tommy.

yes, that's the "parent mesh". Unfortunately, it'll remove all the "child" meshes as well

with cockpits, one could re-add the moved items, back where they came from. But that was in SF1. In SF2, it might not work.

BTW, just looking at the heirarchy, you wouldn't be trying to do the 'remove bits' to a ground object, would you?. AFAIK, that dosen't work (at least not when I've tried it)

I made a cockpit mod where I had the same issue, wanted to move a mesh which happened to have sub-mesh which should stay in place.

The solution was simple, I moved the mesh in question down(in the specific case) and then counter-moved the sub-mesh parts back up to the original position!

For ground objects, one way to "hide" (depending on the model/lod anchor points) a part is to use the missile launcher function (with a fixed, non moving default elevation/rotation)

to turn the mesh in question out of sight .... and then counter-elevate/rotate the sub-mesh with a 2nd launcher .... results may vary!!

Edited by Crusader

I don't understand how you moved the meshes up and down, Crusader. Could you explain exactly how you did that? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but that's how I learn.

No problem...

This entry moves Tube01 mesh 1 meter down (Z-axis)

[Move_Sight2_Z]
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR
NodeName=Tube01
MovementType=POSITION_Z
Set[01].Position=-1.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=-1.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

HUD mesh which is a child of Tube01 is counter-moved 1 meter up to put it back in the original place

The mesh has a different orientation/axis, thats why Y-axis is used to move it

[Move_Sight3_Z]
Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR
NodeName=HUD
MovementType=POSITION_Y
Set[01].Position=1.0
Set[01].Value=0.0
Set[02].Position=1.0
Set[02].Value=1.0

Example is from a cockpit mod of the TMF F-5A cockpit to give it the Canadian CF-5A instrument layout (as close as possible)

• Like 3

Thanks, Crusader. Modders are the best teachers.