Erik

Do you like it?

Are you enjoying the new site update?

Are you finding anything that isn't working?

Are you finding the things you need, where it's located, and how to use it?

Anything you'd like to see changed?

Your input is very valuable to me.

Thank you.

E

It loads faster than the old version on both my computer and phone, that's a huge plus!

Would it be possible to bring back the option to have different background color? Perhaps just a darker option?

Yes. I'm still working on so many other things but the skins are on my list to get done. They are just low priority compared to the other stuff. Thanks. :)

I Beg To Differ Sir I'm Your Huckelberry !!! Days Of The Quick! Just Kidding Looks Great Eric Sometimes A Coin Is Just A Coin.

001.jpg

huh

It's a nice update, I like how it looks.

• Like 1

Good update Erik! :good:

Thank you for your work!

• Like 1

I love it, everything works like a charm!  

I wonder if the download section could be slightly reworked. Now, if I select certain categories, no downloads appear, unless I select one specific sub-category. For instance, I go to the Cold War aircraft category, no planes are shown. If I select a sub-category, like US aircraft, no downloads are shown, so I must select a specific plane sub-category (F-15, F-16, etc). So, should I want to find the recently updated stuff in the Cold War category, ATM it's not possible, I think. Just my input, no negative criticism intended. The rest of the site is just plain wonderful!

• Thanks 1

Are you enjoying the new site update?

Hell yes!! There are so many cool features that I'm coming across that I'm loving! And the download section... just beautiful. I mean highly rated and most downloaded files are a great way to help members, especially newcomers find out what and where some of the good mods are. The new features on the forum side of things are pretty neat as well. For instance I just selected your list of questions and the option to just quote one or two lines out the whole selection. That's pretty neat.

Are you finding anything that isn't working?

Nothing major yet! Honestly things that I am finding (which are minor) are simply added to the "He hasn't gotten to this yet but will when he gets a chance" pile. Okay that's a long name but seriously with so much going on I really think that most things that aren't working are simply because they're still being worked on.

Are you finding the things you need, where it's located, and how to use it?

Yes I am. Things are going smoothly so far. 

Anything you'd like to see changed?

Right now I have no suggestions.

Your input is very valuable to me.

Well you're kicking ass and taking names and your efforts keeping this site going are very valuable to all of us!

Thank you.

You're welcome. And thank you for keeping CombatACE going!

• Thanks 1

I've had a couple of instances of the site not coming up right when I first come here, but it could be my link which is combatace.com/index for some reason.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Menrva said:

I love it, everything works like a charm!  

I wonder if the download section could be slightly reworked. Now, if I select certain categories, no downloads appear, unless I select one specific sub-category. For instance, I go to the Cold War aircraft category, no planes are shown. If I select a sub-category, like US aircraft, no downloads are shown, so I must select a specific plane sub-category (F-15, F-16, etc). So, should I want to find the recently updated stuff in the Cold War category, ATM it's not possible, I think. Just my input, no negative criticism intended. The rest of the site is just plain wonderful!

I understand what you're saying. One of the new inner workings of the site is that it's now fully integrated so things are just in different places. The categories and file listings you mentioned really didn't work like you described in the last version of the site. In that version we did have the ability to show random files in that category but it was never a full list. Now however we can supply you a full list. At the top of all the pages you'll find an "Activity" link.

Click - Activity > The down arrow next to "My Activity Streams" > Create New Stream > on this page you can define a new stream you want to keep updated on. You can create multiple streams so they become one click access to the content you want.

stream.png

On your stream setup page first enter a title you want to call it "SF2 Cold War"  as an example. Then find and click - Files > The down arrow for settings that appears > click the down arrows next to the category listings until you get to the one you want > then click that category to get a check mark (you can select more than one) > then you can select any other options on that page you like > [SAVE]

stream1.png

After you hit save it will show you the stream results. On that page you can more redefine the results, edit the title, remove the stream, etc.

files2.png

After you set this up all you will need to do to get back to the stream you created is click - Activity > then select your custom stream you want to view.

As you can see you can make a stream for all kinds of content and what's nice is you can tailor the stream to fit your exact needs.

As for the displaying content in the category headings that won't be a high priority. Our library was changed a few years back to include all these new category headings to make it easier to upload and find things. It was argued then that doing our library any other way is just not possible. You're kind of asking for it to be like it was before with broad categories like "SF > SF2 > Add On Aircraft > Cold War. MigBuster spent months putting all those categories together he's going to be heart broken. We shouldn't mention this to him. LOL

Okay I've typed enough. Thanks for the feedback.

E

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

I've had a couple of instances of the site not coming up right when I first come here, but it could be my link which is combatace.com/index for some reason.

All our pages should automatically redirect to the SSL version of the site. However the actual page "combatace.com/index" doesn't exist anymore due to everything being integrated now. The equivalent to that page is now https://combatace.com/forums/ but I don't think that's going to fix the non-responsive problem. I would recommend flushing your browsing cache. Also I'm still working on the machines that house the site and installing, updating, rebooting, and like behavior have been happening. That should be minimized now. Let's hope for smooth sailing from here on out.

E

Search seems a bit of a pain, once you click on an answer it's fine but it won't go back to the page with the answers on, it says you need to reload the page or something like, so you have to start from scratch again........OR it could be just me not being able to keep up with the technology........

7 minutes ago, Sundowner said:

Search seems a bit of a pain, once you click on an answer it's fine but it won't go back to the page with the answers on, it says you need to reload the page or something like, so you have to start from scratch again........OR it could be just me not being able to keep up with the technology........

Hmmm that's interesting but it makes sense since it's a real time lookup using the back button doesn't pass the lookup details back to the database. I'm not sure how to fix that but a workaround might be once you do your search and get your answers on the answers page right click a result link and choose "open in a new tab" that way your original search results stay on a tab by itself.

Your signature image needs attention ... it says upgrade your photobucket account. LOL

Thanks for the quick, exhaustive reply, Erik. This Activity Stream thing suits our needs in a better way indeed. Also, our thanks to MigBuster as well, for setting up the categories!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Erik said:

Yes. I'm still working on so many other things but the skins are on my list to get done. They are just low priority compared to the other stuff. Thanks. :)

No, thank you, Erik for your continued efforts on this website.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Erik, I'll give that a try........and I'll sort that damn photobucket thingie..

• Thanks 1

of all things pissing me off today this is the least of them.

Irritation Rex 

Known here as CL

Works great!

i had to cruise around a bit to get used to the new look and feel but easy to do.

and works much better on mobile than the old site.

:good:

• Thanks 1