Hauksbee

What, exactly, happened here?

It was a shock to arrive here one morning and discover our beloved Combat Ace had turned white. There was a notice that said (if I recall correctly) that the site was undergoing some digital housecleaning and reorganization. Days passed and nothing changed. I tried to log in, but no go. 'Turns out I was trying to use an out-of-date password. When I got that sorted out, I could get in, expecting to see the old site skin. Imagine my surprise. It was like returning home to find my parents had sold the house, packed up all the furniture and the new owners had slapped on a coat of white paint in preparation for renting out  my room.

So...Eric? Dave? What's happening here at the old BOC homestead? I think I saw a thread saying that Eric(?) is working on a new site skin? I sure did love the old one. What's up?

6 hours ago, Hauksbee said:

It was a shock to arrive here one morning and discover our beloved Combat Ace had turned white. There was a notice that said (if I recall correctly) that the site was undergoing some digital housecleaning and reorganization. Days passed and nothing changed. I tried to log in, but no go. 'Turns out I was trying to use an out-of-date password. When I got that sorted out, I could get in, expecting to see the old site skin. Imagine my surprise. It was like returning home to find my parents had sold the house, packed up all the furniture and the new owners had slapped on a coat of white paint in preparation for renting out  my room.

So...Eric? Dave? What's happening here at the old BOC homestead? I think I saw a thread saying that Eric(?) is working on a new site skin? I sure did love the old one. What's up?

You must venture out more often Hauksbee. :biggrin:

I'm sure there's more links but I'm kinda pre-occupied. :)

Need to get out more? No doubt, I do...much good it may do me. I realize there are vast stretches of this site that are Terra Incognita to me. I've just hung out at OFF. In browsing  the links you posted in reply, I noted one reply to Menrva (I think I have that right) that you are keeping abreast of current software and security. That can only be a good thing. Also I see many site members saying many improvements and better site functioning. More of a good thing, tho' invisible to my constricted field of view. I've always felt that Combat Ace functioned just fine. You mentioned a few times that new skins will have to wait on more pressing business. Is there any chance that we at Over Flanders Fields can have our old skin back?

I can't give you an exact copy of the OFF Skin but it'll be as close as possible. I have to prioritize the skin as the OFF forums don't have the use to warrant a high priority. I hope you understand.

18 hours ago, Hauksbee said:

I realize there are vast stretches of this site that are Terra Incognita to me.

Some development work at the First Eagles forum may interest you.  I frequently pass stuff like aircraft and ground objects to Buddy1998 for conversion to WOFF.  Shot below shows stuff being developed in cooperation with VonS and Quack74 that may eventually find its way to WOFF.

WW1-1.jpg

• Like 3

On 31.08.2017 at 7:44 PM, Geezer said:

Some development work at the First Eagles forum may interest you.  I frequently pass stuff like aircraft and ground objects to Buddy1998 for conversion to WOFF.  Shot below shows stuff being developed in cooperation with VonS and Quack74 that may eventually find its way to WOFF.

WW1-1.jpg

:clapping:That would be great!

Geezer,

Your generosity towards the WOFF community has been exceptional.  While this forum isn't very active anymore, I know the folks over at SimHQ are very appreciative of allowing your work to be converted.  Thanks again for all that you do.  

Wow - they look really nice. Sorry for only finding this post now. Great job!

Good to see you are still around Olham!