Geezer

New Aircraft

Will this historically significant skin be in the D.III collection?

Ltn. Bruno Stachel (2).jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

Will this historically significant skin be in the D.III collection?

I'm sorry, but this is not a historical coloring (except that it flashed in one famous film, which is not devoid of artistic merit, of course)!
Briefly: there are real documents about when the lozenge fabric began to arrive in the Pfalz Flugzeugwerke.
Good uncle Abbot (Dan-San Abbot) on the forum's website www.theaerodrome.com gave an explanation: for the first time 5-color lozenge was seen on the WINGS of D.8149 / 17 and onwards. But not on all planes. Before that, all the Pfalts left the factory in a silver-gray color (possibly silver) with a white rudder. The lozenge on the upper wings could only appear on the last D.IIIa, a very late release, starting at 81xx / 17 and on repair aircraft, but not earlier than March / April 1918, and also on D.VIII / D.XII.

Please note that we are talking only about the wings, but not about the fuselages.

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 3

Now we all know, that Leutnant Stachel in pursuit of the Blue Max is a historical correct story based on true facts with aircraft from the period, flown by former aces and, and, and...well the skin just has to be made and included into the D.IIIa collection (since it was an 'a' model...guns on top instead in the fuselage). :biggrin:

Image1.jpg

• Like 3

VonS and I have been discussing lead time.  It will take me several months to finish the Pfalz and Junkers textures, and it will take VonS a similar amount of time to develop the very demanding new files for the Caudron R.11.  So, the logical thing to do is get the R.11 flying ingame with the skins just roughed in and then pass it on to VonS to work on.  Then, I circle back and finish the Pfalz and Junkers.  Click shots for hi-res images.

test-1.jpg

test-2.jpg

test-4.jpg

test-5.jpg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, gterl said:

...well the skin just has to be made and included into the D.IIIa collection  :biggrin:

Image1.jpg

I will include templates and sample textures in the Pfalz graphics pack for the guys who want to make new color schemes.  Click shot for hi-res image.

Pfalz D3a fuselage.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gterl said:

Now we all know, that Leutnant Stachel in pursuit of the Blue Max is a historical correct story based on true facts with aircraft from the period, flown by former aces and, and, and... :biggrin:

Funny joke  :biggrin: Also we all know, that foreign countries pay tribute to 20th Century Fox for the historical correct story about the Blue Max hunting, and the Dalai Lama three times bow low before the Leutnant Stachel's portrait at bedtime. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, gterl said:

the skin just has to be made and included into the D.IIIa collection

Desire is the property of a particular author :)
We cannot influence him in any way.

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 1

Thx Geezer - ...and of course I'll have a go at the skin and thx to Geezer's templates I'll be more than happy to fly as 'Stachel' on my PC :biggrin: ...historical correct or not

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gterl said:

Thx Geezer - ...and of course I'll have a go at the skin and thx to Geezer's templates I'll be more than happy to fly as 'Stachel' on my PC :biggrin: ...historical correct or not

LOL :biggrin:  Shot below shows actual artwork for a complex color scheme.  Note how the upper parts of the fuselage cross project from the side sections toward the top section.  This will be helpful if you want to make complex markings.  Click shots for hi-res images.

Pfalz D3a  fuselage Star.jpg

img00081.JPG

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

Got a little more work done before switching to the Caudron.  Click shots for hi-res images.

test-32.jpg

test-33.jpg

• Like 4

A few more shots of the standard factory color scheme.  VonS is pretty much done with his outstanding FM - it even simulates the historical tendency to sideslip in tight turns.  Now, I have to finish the art and the LODs, plus some other tedious chores before it can be released.  Click shots for hi-res images.

img00011.JPG

img00018.JPG

img00024.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gterl said:

...and of course I'll have a go at the skin and thx to Geezer's templates I'll be more than happy to fly as 'Stachel' on my PC :biggrin: ...historical correct or not

...historical correct or not? I forgot to add that at that time (April 1918  - from the end of March) were already used a Balkenkreuzes instead of Tatzenkreuzes - Pattee Crosses. If after repairing the wings of the airplane were covered with a Lozenge canvas, it is unlikely that the Germans painted obsolete identification marks - another anachronism of this film. Although I'll not deny that 'Blue Max' is a cult film to some extent.

Well, at last, FE is just a game. Sertainly, you can be happy to fly as 'Stachel',  аs 'von Richthofen' or аs 'Jo Cavalier' or any other Ace of Aces - fictional or real. All this is the role-playing games of virtual pilots (as I myself). :biggrin:

P.S. Sorry for the off-top.

L'As-des-As.jpg

• Like 3

If someone can send me GOOD, HIGH QUALITY photos of George Peppard, I could add a Blue Max pilot to the pilot pack I have in-work.  As usual, click shot for hi-res image.

Pilot Composite-1.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Geezer said:

I will include templates and sample textures in the Pfalz graphics pack for the guys who want to make new color schemes.  Click shot for hi-res image.

Pfalz D3a fuselage.jpg

Someone at WOFF, had ask about doing some MAX  skins, 

full-31325-132653-6.png

full-40121-132646-encore_32004_decals2.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, VONTOBLER said:

Here are a few I had,  hope they help

Got 'em - thanks.  I'll fool around and see if I can make a George Peppard pilot.  :biggrin:

Fooling around with 5-color lozenge camo. 

img00001.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll need to make a cockpit - they often take as long as the airplane.  Click for hi-res.

img00008.JPG

test-29.jpg

• Like 4

The WIP is still rough but it looks like it will work.  George Peppard will fly the Pfalz when it is released.  :biggrin:

shot-2.jpg

shot-3.jpg

shot-4.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Geezer said:

I'll need to make a cockpit - they often take as long as the airplane.  Click for hi-res.

img00008.JPG

test-29.jpg

I found this one, but don't want to cause any copyright issues

IMG_0051.jpg

• Like 3

Got more work done on the Caudron.  

test-6.jpg

test-10.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/8/2017 at 3:44 PM, Geezer said:

VonS and I have been discussing lead time.  It will take me several months to finish the Pfalz and Junkers textures, and it will take VonS a similar amount of time to develop the very demanding new files for the Caudron R.11.  So, the logical thing to do is get the R.11 flying ingame with the skins just roughed in and then pass it on to VonS to work on.  Then, I circle back and finish the Pfalz and Junkers.  Click shots for hi-res images.

test-1.jpg

test-2.jpg

test-4.jpg

test-5.jpg

Great work is always worth the wait. 

Great Caudron !!

It will be the first time we can fly this plane in a wwI simu