Geezer

New Aircraft

5 hours ago, jeanba said:

Great Caudron !!

It will be the first time we can fly this plane in a wwI simu

VonS plans on spending lots of time to make the FM.  Historically, the R.11 had nice handling qualities - for a big twin engine aircraft.  Adapted some stuff I already had to make the Darne-built Lewis gun mounted on a TO4 gun ring.

lewis.jpg

test-8.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 6

Yes, the R11 was capable of half loops as mentionned by Jules Abel

• Like 2

Got a lot of details done, particularly the bracing wires.  The inner wing bays used double bracing wires, and some were sheathed in wood fairings, possibly to damp vibration.  Click shots for hi-res images.

test-12.jpg

test-13.jpg

test-14.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

Both gunners' stations could cover portions of the other's field of fire, but code limitations will probably prevent simulating this feature.

test-15.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the work you're doing! How I hate the limited mission editor of FE2!!!!

• Confused 1

So do I

I wish we had the same as for SF2 at least

• Like 1

Got the 3D model mapped and put together, but still lots of stuff to do before it can fly.

test-16.jpg

test-17.jpg

• Like 3

It's interesting to see how the model fills up with details.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stratos said:

Thanks for the work you're doing! How I hate the limited mission editor of FE2!!!!

There's a little quick-mission editor by Nippy available in the download section for FE1 and FE2. It's basic, but allows one to select an opponent.

• Like 2

Got it working ingame using Stephen1918's Caudron G.IV files.  Still a WIP, but it flys!  :biggrin:   Click shots for hi-res images.

img00045.JPG

img00051.JPG

img00055.JPG

img00058.JPG

img00059.JPG

• Like 6

Ojcar made the FM for the Caudron G.IV. I like the way it handles, although I sometimes have trouble on the take-offs.

10 hours ago, Sky High said:

There's a little quick-mission editor by Nippy available in the download section for FE1 and FE2. It's basic, but allows one to select an opponent.

I know that editor, but is more a quick combat thing than anything else. I would have prefered a SF2 style full mission editor, so we can select targets to attack, start on the ground, etc... Anyway, FE2 is sadly another TK abandoned product.

12 hours ago, Sky High said:

I like it, it is very nice, but I would like to recreate recons ...

2 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

Ojcar made the FM for the Caudron G.IV. I like the way it handles, although I sometimes have trouble on the take-offs.

I agree, the GIV with Ojcar's FM is very nice, one of the nicest plane to fly in FE

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

Your G.IV is a really good job - I like it too!  :biggrin:

When VonS was working on the Pfalz FM, he also had problems with take off and landing roll.  He eventually figured out how to achieve realistic take off/landing without compromising other flight characteristics.  Possibly, he might be willing to help adjust the FM for you?

3 hours ago, Stratos said:

Anyway, FE2 is sadly another TK abandoned product.

Yep, damn shame about that but it's pretty typical for WW1 sims.  They usually don't make enough money to justify development costs.  I like FE2 because I like low-level dogfighting and FE2 is easier to mod than CFS3.  I realize the WOFF guys - after many years of dedicated work - have a better looking sim, but they extensively modified CFS3 into something very different from the original Microsoft release.

In addition to new aircraft, I keep fooling around with experimental ground tile art to improve FE2 at really low level.

test-1.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Geezer said:

Your G.IV is a really good job - I like it too!  :biggrin:

When VonS was working on the Pfalz FM, he also had problems with take off and landing roll.  He eventually figured out how to achieve realistic take off/landing without compromising other flight characteristics.  Possibly, he might be willing to help adjust the FM for you?

The problem is not with the FM, which I think is excellent. It's more a problem with the inexperienced pilot. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hello gents', if anyone has trouble with take-offs in the Caudron G.IV, there is a tweaked version of the FM in my ver. 8.9 FM update pack...although I didn't change anything for the tailskid/gear section from Ojcar's original data ini. The FM was slightly revised however and historical top speed implemented. Here's the info. from my ver. 8.9 update pack on the Caudron data ini:

"Take note of the fact that the Caudron G.4 is now a modification of the newest Caudron G.4 that was uploaded by Stephen1918 to CombatAce several months ago. The G.4 data file located in my earlier data additions folders is based on the previous upload of the G.4 - you will now notice that the G.4 is less twitchy and has its historical top speed. Best turns in it are now done through rudder and wing-warping coordination. Please download Stephen's G.4 from the summer of 2015 to use this G.4 data ini tweak."

Happy flying,

Von S  :smile:

• Like 2

Tweaked the colors a bit.  The skins are now good enough for testing - I'll finish them later, when VonS is done with his file magic.  :biggrin:

img00024.JPG

img00035.JPG

img00033.JPG

img00046.JPG

• Like 5

Worked on the Pfalz D.IIIa skins and also started the Pfalz D.VIII.  The work went quickly because I was able to adapt a lot of stuff from the D.III.

test-30.jpg

test-1.jpg

• Like 7

LoI don't mean to be a bother, I just wanted to add some more shots of "Blue Max" Lozenge. As a fan of this movie, and the books, I just wanted to help.

20171015_012445-1.jpg

20171015_012329-1.jpg

• Like 1

LoI don't mean to be a bother, I just wanted to add some more shots of "Blue Max" Lozenge. As a fan of this movie, and the books, I just wanted to help.

20171015_012656-1.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VONTOBLER said:

Not a problem. :biggrin:  I'm sure some enterprising modder will make some Blue Max skins to go with the George Peppard pilot.

Meanwhile, back at the factory...

test-3.jpg

test-4.jpg

test-5.jpg

pfalzd8-2.jpg

1279e0e3f3730915d59ccd8dbf4d866c.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5