Geezer

New Aircraft

11 minutes ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

Pfalz DIII Looks good - will it be for FE1 as well as FE2. ???

When finished, it will run in either FE1 or FE2.  The LODs are done, the baseline art is nearly done, and the cockpit is under construction.

• Like 3

Today, I worked on the French version of the Vickers gun and Alkan-Hamy synchronizer gear.

test-7.jpg

test-6.jpg

• Like 7

That looks good.

The Nieuport 24 was a bad fighter, ordered because of lack of Spad 7, but it is very "sympathetic to fly" anyway.

Will you have a nice cockpit also ?

Edited by jeanba

So, with a Nieuport 17 in the hopper, what's the chances of seeing a celebrity pilot for the Aéronautique Militaire?  Perhaps this guy?

Rawlings (1).jpg

Rawlings (2).jpg

Rawlings (10).jpg

Rawlings (6).jpg

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, jeanba said:

That looks good.

The Nieuport 24 was a bad fighter, ordered because of lack of Spad 7, but it is very "sympathetic to fly" anyway.

Will you have a nice cockpit also ?

As you pointed out, the SPADs were delayed so the Nieuport sesquiplanes continued in use long after they should have been retired.

Probably.  As I can make two aircraft by adapting the 24 backwards to a 17, I may as well make a decent cockpit that both models can use. 

Also worked on the Pfalz cockpit.

test-35.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 8

Okay, if we're doing specialty pilots, I want my heros...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

So, with a Nieuport 17 in the hopper, what's the chances of seeing a celebrity pilot for the Aéronautique Militaire?  Perhaps this guy?

What's needed is a full, or nearly full, frontal shot of the actor's face.  Angled shots, showing the side of the actor's face, are too difficult.

Go back a page or two and see the shots of George Peppard - one shot is almost looking straight into the camera.

George Peppard.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, Geezer said:

When finished, it will run in either FE1 or FE2.  The LODs are done, the baseline art is nearly done, and the cockpit is under construction.

Thanks for that Geezer I really look forward to flying your wonderful Pfalz DIII she looks a real beauty. Cheers.

RUSTY

Looks great! Really looking forward to these aircraft! Especially the Pfalz! :) 

ahhh Stachel! Where's your moving scarf? And your Streamers on the struts of your lovely Pfalz?

:biggrin:

• Like 1

I continue to work on the skins.  If I don't burn out on the Pfalz, I may look into streamers for the struts.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 8

Just don't burn out on it before release.:biggrin: Something this beautiful deserves to fly.

• Like 3

How many hours does it take to make an aircraft like the Pfalz D.III like the one you are doing, Geezer?

On 11/3/2017 at 8:12 PM, Verdun said:

How many hours does it take to make an aircraft like the Pfalz D.III like the one you are doing, Geezer?

Depending on the complexity and references, 200-300 hours.  But, once completed, the models can often be modified to make a different aircraft faster than before.  Samples below: the Nieuport 17 and Pfalz D8 are developing faster because I can use many parts from the Nieuport 24 or Pfalz D3.

Pilot Composite-1.jpg

• Like 5

Very impressive models!!!

Well I'm very impressed with your work, and the amount of time you spend on doing it! :) Well done!!!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, Geezer said:

What's needed is a full, or nearly full, frontal shot of the actor's face.  Angled shots, showing the side of the actor's face, are too difficult.

Go back a page or two and see the shots of George Peppard - one shot is almost looking straight into the camera.

O.K., I got your message - Real Life™ has me out here in Ohio with a bunch of less-than-desirable weather blocking my way back to Hampton Roads.  I'll see if I can rustle up some face shots of the Blaine Rawlings character after I get back in tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.  

7 hours ago, Geezer said:

Depending on the complexity and references, 200-300 hours.  But, once completed, the models can often be modified to make a different aircraft faster than before.  Samples below: the Nieuport 17 and Pfalz D8 are developing faster because I can use many parts from the Nieuport 24 or Pfalz D3.

Pilot Composite-1.jpg

Frigging Heck Geezer - you are like an Aircraft Production Factory all by yourself............

But I must say that these new aircraft will be most welcome. Thanks Geezer for these new machines, much appreciated.

RUSTY

• Like 4

looking great Geezer 
I wonder what Stephen1918 is up too on the 3D front 
a new Pup or Tripe would be Great

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gambit168 said:

And a new Caproni Ca.3! :smile: And some others - such as Avro 504, DeHavilland D.H.4 or Ansaldo S.V.A. 5. They are better than those already available for the game! :rolleyes:

Ca3.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gambit168 said:

looking great Geezer 

I work with VonS, who is developing some very sophisticated FMs for these aircraft.  He also suggested a new Sopwith Triplane/Pup, in addition to a new Caproni Ca 3. 

I would also like to hear from Stephen1918 to ensure we do not duplicate each other's efforts.

• Like 4

I haven't done this for a long time, but a Halberstadt Cl 2 is the only aircraft missing from the planeset in TK's original campaigns. I've been able, thanks to the modders here, to replace all the aircraft which had a substitute, with the exception of this one. On this one, I've had to use Laton's CL4 as a substitute for a substitute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heck said:

I haven't done this for a long time, but a Halberstadt Cl 2 is the only aircraft missing from the planeset in TK's original campaigns. I've been able, thanks to the modders here, to replace all the aircraft which had a substitute, with the exception of this one. On this one, I've had to use Laton's CL4 as a substitute for a substitute.

Heh - Laton's old CL4 is one of my first 3D models!   Back when I was using my many years of drawing board and CAD drafting experience to learn 3dsMax, Laton agreed to map and release the CL4.  By my current standards, it needs modernizing.  At that time, I'll probably modify the wings and details to make a CL2.

• Like 4

Sorry, Geezer. I had no idea that model was yours. You are always full of surprises.

• Haha 1