Geezer

New Aircraft

No problem - that was many years ago so most people have forgotten.

Below is my online image website.  I used to use Photobucket but, like so many guys, I gave up on them when they raised their prices without improving their service.

You might have to register to view, but it is free so it will only take a second.

https://postimg.org/files

• Like 2

On 06/11/2017 at 7:58 AM, gambit168 said:

looking great Geezer 
I wonder what Stephen1918 is up too on the 3D front 
a new Pup or Tripe would be Great

I sent Stephen 1918 a personal message last year asking if he would consider making the streamlined Roland CII  'walfisch' and he got back to me saying it was on his list to do but he couldn't commit to a date because he was so busy with other requests and projects. I felt a bit guilty because I realized that I was adding to his workload and putting more pressure on him - and if he reads this post then I apologize for that. 

Maybee you Geezer could lighten his workload a little bit and help him out by taking it on. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Silberpfeil said:
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, Geezer said:

What's needed is a full, or nearly full, frontal shot of the actor's face.  Angled shots, showing the side of the actor's face, are too difficult.

Go back a page or two and see the shots of George Peppard - one shot is almost looking straight into the camera.

O.K., I got your message - Real Life™ has me out here in Ohio with a bunch of less-than-desirable weather blocking my way back to Hampton Roads.  I'll see if I can rustle up some face shots of the Blaine Rawlings character after I get back in tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.  

Trailing per your request, Geezer - all are of James Franco as he appeared in "Flyboys": 

Franco (1).jpg

Franco (2).jpg

Franco (3).jpg

Franco (4).jpg

I have commitments in the real world, so I don't know when I'll be able to upload planes again. So, Geezer, whatever you want.

Crawford, there's a DH 4 from a few years ago in the download area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

I have commitments in the real world, so I don't know when I'll be able to upload planes again. So, Geezer, whatever you want.

OK - thanks Steven.

3 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

Maybe you Geezer could lighten his workload a little bit and help him out by taking it on. 

OK, I'll put it in the stack of "stuff to do - someday."

Roland C.II early fuselage cross & mouth & Lewis gun (0023-028).jpg

• Like 2

Here's the link to Stephan 1918s DH4

• Like 3

one word...Bleriot XI two-seater with observer and rifle :biggrin:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

Yes, that's right. I'm sorry. I have long downloaded and installed your DH.4. At that time I had access to the A-team site, but I consider that your plane is better. Probably, Here I meant a DH.9 or something like that... :drinks:

Edited by Crawford

17 hours ago, Geezer said:

OK, I'll put it in the stack of "stuff to do - someday."

Roland C.II early fuselage cross & mouth & Lewis gun (0023-028).jpg

A good shot! Something similar was described by von Richthofen in his book :

I had had built into my machine a machine gun, which I had arranged very much in the way in which it is done in the Nieuport machines. I was very proud of my idea. People laughed at the way I had fitted it up because the whole thing looked very primitive. Of course I swore by my new arrangement and very soon I had an opportunity of ascertaining its practical value.

I encountered a hostile Nieuport machine which was apparently guided by a man who also was a beginner, for he acted extremely foolishly. When I flew towards him he ran away. Apparently he had trouble with his gun. I had no idea of fighting him but thought: "What will happen if I now start shooting?" I flew after him, approached him as closely as possible and then began firing a short series of well-aimed shots with my machine gun. The Nieuport reared up in the air and turned over and over.

At first both my observer and I believed that this was one of the numerous tricks which French fliers habitually indulge in. However, his tricks did not cease. Turning over and over, the machine went lower and lower. At last my observer patted me on the head and called out to me: "I congratulate you. He is falling." As a matter of fact he fell into a forest behind Fort Douaumont and disappeared among the trees. It became clear to me that I had shot him down, but on the other side of the Front. I flew home and reported merely: "I had an aerial fight and have shot down a Nieuport." The next day I read of my action in the official communique. Of course I was very proud of my success, but that Nieuport does not figure among the fifty-two aeroplanes which I have brought down.

The communique of the 26th of April stated: "Two hostile flying machines have been shot down by aerial fighting above Fleury, south and west of Douaumont."

• Like 1

This one looks lovely aswell! :D

Geezers_aircraft002.jpg

Been working on the D3a skins.  There are several different interpretations of the paint job shown below.  One interpretation is the use of lemon yellow with black stripes.  Close examination of the old photo shows slightly different shades of gray when compared to the forward fuselage, so the yellow version may be correct.  You guys can use the graphics pack to make your own interpretations.

img00036.JPG

img00035.JPG

img00028.JPG

img00029.JPG

pfalz_18.jpg

Pfalz-sidevu.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

I will finish the four D3a color schemes, but will only make the standard factory scheme for the D3.  You guys can use the graphics pack to make any additional D3 paint jobs.

test-40.jpg

• Like 9

Looks beautiful, Geezer!!! :)

• Like 1

I hate making cockpits so I have to force myself to work on the Pfalz.

Cockpit-2.jpg

• Like 4

Progress shots.

test-39.jpg

test-36.jpg

test-37.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It looks great, Geezer! :) Well done!

Got the cockpit surface mapped and the artwork started.

test-40.jpg

test-41.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 8

Of all the aircraft you're working on, this is the one I'm most interested in, since the model we have now is old, and nowhere near your quality. Thanks for everything you give us, Geezer.

• Like 5

Your welcome, but - to be brutally honest - I work to please myself.  If you guys appreciate the results, then everybody wins.  If not, there are plenty of other aircraft to fly.  Cockpit progress shots.

test-43.jpg

test-42.jpg

• Like 7

On 16/11/2017 at 6:29 PM, Heck said:

Of all the aircraft you're working on, this is the one I'm most interested in, since the model we have now is old, and nowhere near your quality. Thanks for everything you give us, Geezer.

I would like to add my own thanks to the above post regarding the new aircraft produced by Geezer. Your continued efforts and input are very much appreciated and admired. Many thanks for these new WW1 planes for First Eagles, I think we will all look forward to flying them.  :good:  :good: :good:

Cheers,  RUSTY  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

Many thanks for these new WW1 planes for First Eagles, I think we will all look forward to flying them.

You're welcome.  This is a fun indoor hobby for an old geezer that keeps me sharp with multiple research, modelling, or artistic challenges every day.  Sample below.

I originally intended to depict the interior painted silver but then discovered my reference may not be reliable.  So...now I am making a realistic wood fuselage shell.  Third shot, of a Pfalz D8 replica under construction, shows what they look like before they are varnished.

test-44.jpg

pfalz-d-viii-d44g6f.jpg

Pfalz_DVIII_proj1.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

More progress shots.  Does anyone know where art for a fuel pressure gauge can be found?

art-1.jpg

test-41.jpg

test-45.jpg

test-30.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

All I found was a picture from Rise of Flight. I have to work today, but I can cook up a gimp drawing if you can wait a couple of days. when I'm not so burned out. This is the RoF capture.

img_riseofflight_screenshot_Gremlin_WoH_20100222_213213_Career-Jasta15-PfalzD3-cockpit_1920x1600x24b.jpg

• Like 3

Great find Crusader. I love the way some of the instruments have hand written information on them. That, in and of itself, takes you back to the early 20th Century. Amazing find. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Heck