Geezer

New Aircraft

8 hours ago, whiteknight06604 said:

glad to see you back. I was worried you were under the weather. 

Thanks, but I'm OK.   Had a lot of real world stuff to take care of, and that left no time for modding.  Among other things, my sister in California passed away and I got stuck with sorting out her estate - including a thousand-mile round trip to Denver to set up an escrow account.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eugene2 said:

OK, now I'm almost done "default" skin for Geezer's Nieuport XVII and begin the skin for Geezer's Pfalz DIII/DIIIa. Nieuport 28's skin is the next. I hope to receive the templates for Breguet XIV as soon as possible.

Happy New Year !

Attached are templates and artwork for early and late versions of the Br14.  Note the artwork is not finished but is developed enough for you to make your own versions.

Br14 Early.rar

Br14 Camo.rar

• Like 3

Eugene2:

Dunno what has been passed on to you guys, as I have not had time to DL the team's WIP aircraft packs.  So.......attached is what I have been able to locate so far.  Got two more backup discs to look at, so I should be able to find the rest. 

Note the excellent spinning rotary engine artwork is the work of Stephen1918.  Also, the attached all say "templates" but are mostly artwork, plus templates.

N17 Templates.rar

Templates.rar

N21 Templates.rar

N23 Templates.rar

N24 Templates.rar

N27 Templates.rar

N28 Templates.rar

R11 Templates.rar

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5

Just found the Dewoitine 510 stuff.  :biggrin:

I'm still interested in the 1938 concept.

shot-9.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice, Crawford!  What is the translation at the bottom of the card?

15 hours ago, Silberpfeil said:

What is the translation at the bottom of the card?

Happy New Year ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember that the CR32 Chirri was almost completed. Could you post it as it is?

1 hour ago, Wilches said:

I remember that the CR32 Chirri was almost completed. Could you post it as it is?

See attached.  It is still a WIP - the artwork is far from complete and there is only one LOD.  Included are the artwork templates.

China CR32.rar

test-2.jpg

test-5.jpg

test-7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic!!! Thanks SOOO much for post the WIPs. BTW, I saw somewhere an Italian skin for the Chirri. Don´t you have it?

The Chirri you post here is a very WIP and I found an almost completed and flying version here

Is it ready?

On 01.01.2019 at 5:37 PM, Silberpfeil said:

Very nice, Crawford!  What is the translation at the bottom of the card?

That's right, "happy new year." Since this is a postcard of the beginning of the 20th century, the inscription on it was made according to the rules of Russian pre-revolutionary spelling. Taking this opportunity, once again I congratulate everyone with the new year)

49205879_1430227957107615_6109576775103152128_o.thumb.jpg.9fe4687accbb070294f94fb3958caef9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love those old postcards with imitations of the Bleriot XI, Crawford - happy new year to you as well!

Von S :smile:

RFC_Bleriot.jpg

• Like 7

Geezer:

Maybe You can done WIP Breguet 14 (like WIP Nieuport XVII, Pfalz DIII/IIIa etc.) for best skinning ?

Hello, all the brothers-at-wings.
I present to you a small selection of skins for a wonderful Nieuport-17 by Geezer. This is my first experience that I decided to publish, so please do not judge me very harshly. I do not think that this work deserves to be laid out in the Download section, but I hope someone will like them. In any case, all the credit belongs to Geezer, since I just used his works. So, what's in the archive?
The "Dux" folder represents you the most correct type of the Russian Nieuport-17, built at the Moscow Dux Plant. The specific Russian roundels - a distinctive feature of the Dux-built aircraft - were applied in 14 positions. This generic scheme is also well suited for the Nieuport-21, although it needs a small correction (the 'leuvers' drawn on the sides of the aircraft and the elevator control wires do not match).

img00010.jpg.c77e91e0f5e0723b27cb862b53464077.jpg

The following three folders represent the 19th Air Squadron (19th Corps Air Detachment or 19th  KAO) of the 1st Air Combat Group (1st  BAG) - perhaps the most famous aviation detachment of old Russia. 1st BAG fighters had no marked external differences as far as markings were concerned, but the scull of the unit emblem was slightly different on each individual aircraft. A pair of Nieuport-17s represented a staff flight. Capitan (of cavalry) Alexander Kozakov, Commander of a 1st Air Combat Group, flew on a French-built Nieuport-17 in Summer-Autumn 1917.  Kozakov’s assistant, pod’esaul  (Cossacks sub-Capitan) Shanghin was using a Russian-made aircraft at the time. Since Shanghin kept aloof from his command duties, the actual commander of the 19th Air Squadron was Boris "Bob" Huber.

img00007.jpg.82e04b88256cb7a2fdd4d8710b5c40b0.jpg

img00002.jpg.95ab475672102b8becc0c401a509a132.jpg

In the "19th KAO" folder is the standard skin, typical of the aircraft of the 19th Air Squadron, where there were aircraft of both French and Russian production. The rudder bore the “Adam’s Head” - the emblem of the 19th KAO. This generic scheme can also be used for Nieuport-21.

img00006.jpg.46414818a1194e1449e3e8fe9ddbc3e9.jpg

Finally, the "3rd KAO" folder contains an interesting paint scheme of another Russian aviation unit. It correctly represents the aircraft built in France for delivery to Russia. The Indian’s head was the emblem of the 3rd Air Squadron (3rd Corps Air  Detachment). The serial number is fictitious; the colors of the squad emblem are supposedly given.

img00011.jpg.a868a9a38e84babfb77c3d64b1cadb2e.jpg

All you need is to simply place the unzipped files in your Nieuport17c folder and start the game. New skins will be available for selection in the Loadout menu.

https://oldbrowser.files.fm/u/ga6a2ywd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Excellent work.  You put a lot of effort into those skins.

For my part, I'm working on a cockpit for the Caudron R11.

shot-1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Geezer said:

Excellent work.  You put a lot of effort into those skins.

Thanks, but I just used your skins and templates. :smile:

Thanks for the support, friends.
I reviewed my yesterday’s link and found that I had dropped some wrong files there by mistake. So I uploaded an updated version. The skin of the 19th KAO represents a Dux-built aircraft, so the corresponding fuselage file was added. I also corrected some of the flaws found in earlier versions of the "Dux" and "3rd KAO" skins. For example, the problem with 'leuvers', which I mentioned above, has been fixed. Now the Dux skin is ideal for both Nieuport 17 and 21 (the folder "Dux 80HP" was added especially for it). Also slightly improved the skin of Kozakov's airplane and the skin of the Shanghin's airplane was significantly reworked.
You can download updated files here:

https://oldbrowser.files.fm/u/g8dyur7r

5c30e7a90c84f_3rdKAOofthe2ndBAG.jpg.2558e8fc85ce50c77c40fe446c5f3373.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Making good progress on the R11 cockpit, but need help with the instrument panel gauges.  Could a French-speaking fan - maybe Coupi or Jeanba - help me out?  I need a distinctly FRENCH WW1 engine tachometer, air pressure gauge, and water temperature gauge.  Thanks ahead of time.

cockpit-1.jpg

• Like 4

Gterl - thanks!  I'm working from a sketch in the Windsock data file - #161 - which shows a set of three instruments for each engine, for a total of six.  Each engine set shows air pressure, coolant temperature, and engine RPMs.  I speak Spanish and a little German, but was unable to find many French sources due to the language barrier.  Still gotta find an air pressure gauge.  

Edited by Geezer

The R.11 cockpit is nearly done.  Still need to make the instrument faces.

test-1.jpg

test-2.jpg

• Like 8

From someone who couldn't do a mod to save his life, a request for a new Sopwith Tripe :biggrin:.

What a brave man! Smokes at the controls of the airplane! :biggrin:  Of course, Hubert Latham, one of the pioneers of aviation, lit cigarettes right in the air, but this is still the exception rather than the rule.

552-2.jpg

Latham_with_his_cigarette_and_ivory_holder_at_the_controls_of_an_Antoinette_VII_v2.jpg.bf2284d3a1067c1eba114df85e912d1c.jpg

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 4