Geezer

New Aircraft

2 hours ago, Sky High said:

From someone who couldn't do a mod to save his life, a request for a new Sopwith Tripe :biggrin:.

It's in the pipeline, but don't hold your breath as I have a lot of other stuff to finish first. :biggrin:

shot-16.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

It's in the pipeline, but don't hold your breath as I have a lot of other stuff to finish first. :biggrin:

shot-16.jpg

Looks well worth the wait! Do what you have to do, and thank you.

At this rate, I don't know whether we need to rename our game FE3 or First Eagles, Geezer Super Edition!

Edited by Sky High
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sky High said:

At this rate, I don't know whether we need to rename our game FE3 or First Eagles, Geezer Super Edition!

Thanks, but Gtrel's maps and Stephen1918's large stable of aircraft make the sim what it is today.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Thanks, but Gtrel's maps and Stephen1918's large stable of aircraft make the sim what it is today.

Of course. We are very lucky in such a relatively small community to have so many who are so talented. And generous.

• Like 3

Been fooling around with a Berg D.1 - I've always loved the hexagonal camo.

shot-1.jpg

• Like 5

Found the Bleriot XI in my backup discs, so I'm dusting off the old model and thinking about what is needed to finish it.  The kingpost structure seems the most common, not the trestle.  I've not been able to find any closeups of the bracing and warping wire pulleys that were mounted at the apex of the kingpost.  These will be VERY visible to anyone "flying" the model so it is important to get them right.  Can anyone assist with closeup drawings or photos?

shot-1.jpg

• Like 4

On 11.01.2019 at 8:21 PM, Sky High said:

From someone who couldn't do a mod to save his life, a request for a new Sopwith Tripe :biggrin:.

Yes, a very curious plane.
By the way, one such aircraft appeared in Russia (it was among various types of aircraft delivered to the allies for the purpose of familiarization). During the Civil War it flew a red "aсe" Yuri Bratolubov. But the most interesting thing is that this triplane has survived to the present day. Now it's in the aviation museum in Monino (near Moscow). Unfortunately, it was barbarously restored and wildly painted ...

99121_original.thumb.jpg.f18ecfe1083cd2bbb4c152752c6efc62.jpg

99448_original.thumb.jpg.a5e736e8aaf8a17e3be3857c9bc1438a.jpg

5c3b2060a2b56_-1.thumb.jpg.879fe591c636c17c509de178387b3bc3.jpg

https://vikond65.livejournal.com/24028.html?view=44504284#t44504284

Edited by Crawford
  • Like 4

Thanks!  That's exactly the kind of detail information that I need.  :biggrin:

While I look for a French air pressure gauge, I worked on the Berg D.I  Also found a scale model of the D.I used by the Ukraine post-WW1.

shot-3.jpg

shot-4.jpg

aviatik berg.jpg

IMG_0228_jpg.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Geezer said:

Also found a scale model of the D.I used by the Ukraine post-WW1.

aviatik berg.jpg

:cry:

Unfortunately (including for a patriot of Ukraine like me), this is a fictitious decal. The images of this aircraft are pseudo-historical fantasy. Not only there are no photos of the Berg with tridents, but also in the documents there is not a single mention of the presence of Aviatik Berg in the aviation of the Westеrn-Ukrainian People's Republic... In addition, even identification marks are fiction.

• Like 2

Gterl -

Thanks for the research, but I need air pressure gauges for engine pneumatic systems, not barometric altimeter.  :biggrin:

On 12.01.2019 at 5:47 PM, Geezer said:

Found the Bleriot XI in my backup discs, so I'm dusting off the old model and thinking about what is needed to finish it.

Oh, I wouldn't be in your place. This aircraft is very difficult to model. There's a hell of a lot of wires!  :stars:  In addition, you will not find two identical airplanes, considering that Bleriots were made by everyone who will take the trouble... ))

Maybe this photo of Bleriot XI type 2 will be useful to you? Seems from Windsock Datafile 108 THE BLERIOT XI AT WAR

235567-1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

:stars:  In addition, you will not find two identical airplanes, considering that Bleriots were made by everyone who will take the trouble... ))

Stimulating series of posts gents' - always enjoy reading this technical stuff...currently tweaking my FE2/WOFF/ROF installs on the Windows 10 side of things on the Mac but I will come back to tweaking more FMs for a ver. 9.7. update pack in a couple of weeks....and I very much look forward to tweaking the FM for the Bleriot XI :biggrin: (will use either the 45hp Anzani or 60hp Anzani MS type G mod, from the ver. 9.1 update, as the basis for the Bleriot mod...the Bleriot should have slightly better lift than the MS type G but more drag). Speaking of varieties of Bleriot XI as outlined by Crawford, here's a pic below of various stats. on the type that I posted previously in one of the private threads.

Von S :smile:

bleriotdetails.png

• Like 3

However, the instruments could be located to the left of the pilot :smile:

debut-de-laviation-a-ljungbyhed-suede-1916-un-monoplan-thulin-b-de-lusine-davion-enoch-thulin-landsk-partir-de-la-collection-du-musee-de-landskrona-ddyfk5.thumb.jpg.c5e82b48238888d2cc36124195e5ed0c.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for your help, guys.  I figured out the last gauge was fuel pressure!  :biggrin:

shot-3.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

However, the instruments could be located to the left of the pilot :smile:

debut-de-laviation-a-ljungbyhed-suede-1916-un-monoplan-thulin-b-de-lusine-davion-enoch-thulin-landsk-partir-de-la-collection-du-musee-de-landskrona-ddyfk5.thumb.jpg.c5e82b48238888d2cc36124195e5ed0c.jpg

I think I could nearly build one of those myself with some junk lying around in the garage! Imagine flying in one?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Geezer - For your use, trailing are some close-ups/detail shots of the Bleriot XI that I pulled out of the archives.

Mike Dora - Is Mike Lockhart still working at Rhinebeck Aerodrome?  

Bleriot XI (1a).jpg

Bleriot XI (1d).jpg

Bleriot XI (1e).jpg

Bleriot XI crew cockpits (1f).jpg

Bleriot XI Placard (1h).jpg

Bleriot XI stall warning (1g).jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sky High said:

I think I could nearly build one of those myself with some junk lying around in the garage! Imagine flying in one?

Why not? Fully imagine! :biggrin:

5c3c3f121ef9d_Pischoff(DePischoff)Biplan-1921_01.jpg.03aaec57034b01950da58dc88c578753.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3