Hello all. I want to ask you all which patch you consider to be the best to stay at AI and weapons dificult level of first generatios of strike fighters. In other words, y know the latest patch nerfed the weapons and the AI to make the game less challenging. From what i'm reading, the options are the sep/oct 11 patch (No DLC or SF2 North Atlantic installs possible) or the apr/may 12 patch (whit DLC and SF2 North Atlantic). Which level of patch is the best to stay? By the way, im not interested in install large mods, i'm only use some visual tweaks. Thanks!

I've stayed with July 2012, but it was so long ago that I don't remember all the details why. I think some of the sim was dumbed down after that patch and I didn't like it. If I remember correctly.

May 2012 is the last non-cheating version.

Edit:

I use the above version, but I did  replace MissionEditor.dll with the one from july 2012: "Mission Editor not saving out fleets with two or more carriers is fixed."

The cheating I am talking about is IIRC increased damage from player missiles versus the damage of computer launched missiles

Edited by gerwin

Hello

Do you know how to install easily 2 patch versions ?

Do you know which version was the last wher AI could use external CMEs ?

Thank you in advance

One way would be to Install everything again into a totally different folder and patch it to the level you want then run those exe files.