Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

CAT extractor for SF2 NA

I tried to extract Object.CATs from SF2 NA (I used the CAT extractor for SF2) but I can't get them out. How can I extract the planes please ?

You can extract an aircraft's .INI's and texture files, but you cannot extract the .LOD's, which are the 3D models.

They are not extractable with the thirdwire tool.

Indeed, to prevent piracy, ALL the lods in the SF2 series (and I mean ALL -everything-) have been locked away one or another of the 2012 patchs. The only things available for extraction are inis, bmps, tgas, and jpgs.

also, from your post in the 1stGen Forums, even it you extracted the Hawkeye's lods, it won't run in there. All the SF2 lods are Unicode, and are unreadable by all SF/Wo* 1stGen games.

So it was not just me and a broken software, good to know. Kevin, I was afraid you were gonna say that. I hoped it was in ANSI. Too bad.  However why are now the LODs locked ? What can you do with them except modding and use them in SF1/SF2 ?