zachtan

Fictional / Ace Combat Themed Skins : Taking Requests

Good day all!

I've created this thread for anyone who'd like to request a fictional/Ace Combat themed skin for me to make. Here are a few examples below for reference.

59b526a0a6cb3_FA-18EGrun.jpg.188330f6d14bca00e7bfa0c8683c4a94.jpg59b526a47bc23_F-15CGalm.jpg.0cb03a490b4e5593cf4d0d4423d2e1ab.jpg59b526b572f07_F-22AGryphus.jpg.256443c94587e0c5fece7f09f1efcb8b.jpg59b526d633a02_F-16CWindhover.jpg.8fb19876376467e2cb764a9f55888306.jpg

I've long been a fan of aviation-themed fictional works, especially the Ace Combat series. I first learnt how to make skins for IL2 a few years ago, and I'd thought that it be nice to create skins for people to enjoy, but are shy to ask because they're not "real" or "immersive".

So feel free to ask away, as I enjoy turning fiction into reality.  You can either leave a comment on this thread, or send me a private message.

Edited by zachtan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

zachtan, I've sent you a PM with some surprises. Cruising the net, I found all plane skins extracted from the PS2 games: AC04, ACZ and AC5. They can be used for reference, colour choices, etc.

I have no particular requests, but I think it would be great to have the Mobius F-22A and F-4E Phantom II, the Razgriz F-14A and some cool Ace Combat Zero plane skins of the enemy ace squadrons (Rot, Wizard, Sorcerer, Schwarze, etc...)

How does a modern US Civil War sound.  Aircraft painted in Confederate and Union paint schemes.  Kind of intriguing.

been there, done that (Turtledove Universe)

usac p-109.JPG

csa spitfire.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TuskAct4 said:

Can you do the Trigger's F/A-18F skin from AC7?

https://imgur.com/a/Kcbwm

Unfortunately, I won't do any AC7 skins for now, because :

1) It's still in development, a lot of things can change about the design.

2) I haven't been invested in the characters yet.

On 17/09/2017 at 3:45 AM, jodandawg said:

How does a modern US Civil War sound.  Aircraft painted in Confederate and Union paint schemes.  Kind of intriguing.

Hmm.. I'll consider it ;)

12 hours ago, zachtan said:

Unfortunately, I won't do any AC7 skins for now, because :

1) It's still in development, a lot of things can change about the design.

2) I haven't been invested in the characters yet.

Ok

On 10/18/2017 at 5:36 PM, TheUnknow said:

Good morning. :)

I wondered if it is possible to do the Mobius one skin on the f4 phantom.?

On 1/6/2018 at 8:01 AM, TuskAct4 said:

Kei Nagase has already made a few pretty okay quality skins for the OMDF, see if they're what you're looking for :

1 minute ago, zachtan said:

Kei Nagase has already made a few pretty okay quality skins for the OMDF, see if they're what you're looking for :

Work with SF2 F-18?

Yes, but only for F/A-18 A,B,C,D by the Hornet Team. EricJ's F/A-18 E/F uses a different skin.

6 minutes ago, zachtan said:

Yes, but only for F/A-18 A,B,C,D by the Hornet Team. EricJ's F/A-18 E/F uses a different skin.

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear friends,
      Today we would like to tell you about a new aircraft that our artists have been working on for some time and engineers have recently started to create its FM.
      The Ta 152 is the last creation of the German aircraft designer Kurt Tank, which managed to take part in combat operations during the Second World War. This aircraft was the culmination of the evolution of the Fw 190 fighter and Germany's most advanced piston fighter. It was in development for a long time, several years, and appeared at the very end of the war. During the development, several modifications of the original Fw 190 were produced, which finally led to the Ta 152 - the name "Fw" was changed to "Ta" in recognition of the designer's merits.

Compared to the Fw 190D "Dora", the wingspan was significantly increased for better maneuverability at high altitudes, the fuselage was longer, and the new Jumo-213E engine was equipped with two boost systems: MW-50 (water-methanol mixture injection for low and medium altitudes) and GM-1 (nitrous oxide for high altitudes). The "Dora" engine was already characterized by a high degree of automation and regulation and thus complexity, but here the Germans went even further - the engine was equipped with a two-stage three-speed (!) supercharger.

As you can see, these improvements were made for high-altitude combat, where the Ta 152 had to outperform the Mustangs and Spitfires of the Allies - the threat from the bomber armadas climbing higher and higher was growing every year. The plane had a pressurized cockpit and could reach a speed of 750 km/h at an altitude of 12 km, and its ceiling was 14 km! Think about it - a piston fighter that could climb and fight above modern jetliners had no equal. Its armament is also respectable, even by late WWII standards: 30mm MK 108 and two 20mm MG-151/20 cannons allowed it to destroy any air target.

The Ta 152 went into production at the end of the war and appeared in the skies of Germany in January-February 1945, but due to the disparity of forces, they had no effect on the course of hostilities: they were produced in very small numbers (about 25 H-1s). They remained in history as a monument to German wartime engineering and design. In our simulator, we expect to release this very interesting aircraft this summer.
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Friends,
      As the summer goes on, the work continues. One of the collector planes in development, Li-2, is nearing its release. Here are some of the WIP shots we wanted to share with you (no airborne operations shots yet - the paratroopers will learn how to jump from it next week).

As you can see, unlike its unarmed C-47 cousin, this one was like a gunship wannabe - it had turrets AND a forward-firing machine gun - who knows when it might come in handy, right?! An armed transport aircraft with paratroopers and cargo inside - how much more versatile can you get? Well, add the bomb-carrying capability to this mix as well and you get a machine that ticks nearly all the boxes you ever wanted.

Usually going the 'jack of all trades' route meant sacrificing something in every trade, but the USSR needed versatile aircraft. While the Western Allies during the war had plenty of long-range fighters to cover their bombers and mainly unarmed transport aircraft and had air superiority most of the time, Soviet VVS resources were always not enough.

You may notice many other differences to the C-47 - different instruments and cargo doors, for instance. Even the engines were different, being Soviet-built.
      We hope to release this interesting aircraft later this month or in early August. See you in the skies!
    • By LaoHu
      I downloaded this mod for the F-5 and all of the skins for the aircraft are black, which means the textures aren't loading but I can't find out why it isn't loading. There is no exact installation instructions other than extract it into the mod folder which I did and there doesn't look like there are any issues with the file placement compared to the other aircraft files. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. the drop tanks have the textures working and the cockpit, loading screen, menu, etc all work. Everything but the skin. 

• By LaoHu
      Would it be possible to put a photograph in your cockpit? Often pilots are shown to have a photo of a loved one inside their cockpit attached to the dashboard to remind them of home, give them inspiration, etc. Would it be possible to stick one in a cockpit through some kind of texture edit or something? 
    • By Menrva

View File F-22A Raptor Skin Pack
      F-22A Raptor Skin Pack
      October 13th, 2021 (1st Release)
      by Menrva

>For Strike Fighters 2 games
      This is an extra skin pack for the high quality F-22A Raptor aircraft add-on. Most skins are based on ideas and depictions from other videogames. Here below a list of the included ones:
      -YF-22 Paint Scheme (inspired by the real YF-22 prototype)
      -Sea Raptor Livery (inspired by the F-22N Sea Raptor concept)
      -Saudi Grey Camouflage (as depicted in Digital Image Design's F-22 Total Air War)
      -Egyptian Woodland Camouflage (as depicted in Digital Image Design's F-22 Total Air War)
      -USAF Pac West Camouflage (as depicted in Digital Image Design's F-22 Total Air War)
      -Desert Lightning Camouflage (as depicted in NovaLogic's F-22 Lightning 3)
      -Phoenix Livery (from Namco Hometek's Air Combat, as depicted in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown)
      -Phoenix Livery, Dark (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat Infinity)
      -Scarface One Livery (as depicted in Namco Hometek's Ace Combat 2)
      -Z.O.E., Red Livery (from Namco Hometek's Ace Combat 2, as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat Infinity)
      -Mobius One, ISAF Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies)
      -Abell, Black Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies)
      -Razgriz Livery (from Project Aces' Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation)
      -Pegas, 3-Tone Blue Camouflage (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation)
      -Indigo Wing Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation)
      -Gryphus One Livery (from Access Games' Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat Infinity)
      -Warwolf Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat: Assault Horizon)
      -Mobius One, IUN Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown)
      -Trigger Livery (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown)
      -JASDF 2-Tone Blue Camouflage (as depicted in Project Aces' Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown)
      As a bonus, different aircraft configuration files are included in the "(Alternative Data)" folder. You'll be able to choose between realistic loadouts (default configuration of the aircraft add-on package) and what-if loadouts inspired by the mentioned F-22 videogames of the late 90s, namely weapons included in F-22 Lightning 3. Both configurations are also available with the addition of invisible skids; those will allow you to perform belly landings, which are a feature of good old F-22 Total Air War.
      Notes:
      -The B61 tactical nuclear bomb is a retarded version, but drop it safely from high altitude at high speed. Take note that it does not damage the stock Runway object, due to the armor values of it. The B61 is meant to be used against naval fleets you may encounter on some custom terrains.
      -You need to tweak the SoundList.ini file in order to fully experience any new sounds. Read "(Add to SoundList)" for further details, and remember to extract the SoundList.ini file from the FlightData.cat archive, if you do not have a custom one in your mod folder already.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -yakarov79, for his high quality templates which allowed me to easily put some new paint on the aircraft.
      -ravenclaw_007, for sharing some of his latest weapon 3d models for the bonus what-if loadouts.
      -Astore, for providing me with better Ace Combat themed emblems, and for being one of the few Italian Ace Combat fans like me.
      -godrugalultimate, from DeviantArt, for making incredibly detailed Ace Combat themed decals.
      -RythusOmega, for providing all Ace Combat 7 emblems and whose skins have been used as reference for the Phoenix liveries.
      -Lanzerince, whose Ace Combat 7 skins have been used as reference for the Scarface livery.
      -mue, for his LOD Viewer which helped immensely in the making of the skins.
      -Blade, for sharing info about the purpose of the game's decal levels.
      -My girlfriend, for supporting me in all of my endeavours.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; yet it can be redistributed ONLY in other CombatACE mods/mod packages.
      This mod may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 10/13/2021 Category F-22  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..