Sign in to follow this  
mcaulk

Which Should I buy?

Hey Guys and or Guyetts,

Want to get up and flying can get WOV for $29.00 or SFP1 for about $10.00. Is one better than the other or more compatable with all the addons???

I am interested in 2 theaters of opperation:

1. The Korean Air War

2. The Air war over Vietnam

Please advise.

Regards,

Mike "OilCan" Caulk

I would recommend WOV over SFp1. The code is much more refined...and you have viable carrier landings. All the SFP1 originally created aircraft will work with WOV as it it virtually the same game....just had a lot of work on the code to make it even better.

I Think you could get SFp1 and do all the patching and such and it should get you to WOV code, but why not start with WOV to begin with.

Hope that helps...I'll let Buff and the others chime in on more specifics.

<C>

Fates

Why not buy them both? Circuit City's web site lists WoV for $29.99, and they also carry Strike Fighters for $4.99.

I have both WOV and SF. I use WOV 100% Vietnam only. I use SF for every other theater and non Vietnam mod. You cant lose by getting then both.

I have both WOV and SF. I use WOV 100% Vietnam only. I use SF for every other theater and non Vietnam mod. You cant lose by getting then both.

Another vote for get both :)

Just to go back to what Fates said - if you patch both to the latest level they both run on exactly the same engine as TK develops & releases patches for both side by side.

You can also have working carrier take off/landing in SF P1 using 3rd party developed models (of course if you have WOV too you can copy the Third Wire carriers over).

Guest pdelbarba

I have wov and am wondering if sf has more refined mission choices in single mission mode without using the mission editor

clarify "more refined", what are you looking for?

Guest pdelbarba

can you chose between anti-ship and strike using just the drop down :search:

can you chose between anti-ship and strike using just the drop down :search:

I've been flying SF Gold & WOV of late & certainly you can in SF Gold so I imagine that you can in SF P1 too (hopefully someone will confirm).

I've been flying SF Gold & WOV of late & certainly you can in SF Gold so I imagine that you can in SF P1 too (hopefully someone will confirm).

Yeah you can