Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

My computer died.

The computer I've been waiting years to have has died today. It was a jacked up. I was just using this morning, then shut it down. Ran a quick a errand came back, no power, no nothing. Computer repair believes it's the motherboard that's gone. He doesn't have anything in stock for my baby. It's the one we talked about here the one with 8 cores, 2tb hard drive, it was perfect for my needs.

I'm going to check Fries? I think that's what he said. Or just buy another computer and put my old harddrive in it.

As anyone had this happen to them.  A motherboard just crapping out and in under a year or two.

edit. Frys.com is the site.

It was a cyberpower pc job that I got from Amazon.

I'm hoping my hard drive can be saved. If so then I'll be fine.

bout 95% sure it's the Motherboard that failed. if it's the case the HDD will be safe. Just remove it and plug in another PC and see if everything is there.

It happened to me on a 2 years old Laptop.

I'll take comfort in your words. Because the only computer I have left to test my new HDD Is on is my old one that can barely run Vista ... okay I shouldn't be too critical of the ole gal as she is helping. But if the HDD can be saved then groovy. I'll just get a cheap rig that can run everything.

Is there a decent motherboard that is compatible with the AMD FX-8320 Octa-Core  processor?

Hey I found the exact motherboard that I have. So, considering my current real life situation, I'll just buy another one of the same model. I'd prefer to buy better but maybe I can do that in the future.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason I've only seen the initial post.

Edited by Nyghtfall

OH YEAH

My motherboard still under warranty! Woot!

It was the battery.

The battery to the motherboard went bad somehow. On a whim I replaced the battery and everything is there! It works. My baby is alive she's alive! AHHH!!!!!

ah, I'm sooo going to get an external harddrive.

...all seems to fit the qualifications for "Second-luckiest Pilot"!

• Haha 1

If you want a lucky story, i can tell you one!

My wife have the good habit to drink water while working on her laptop and guess what happened... She hit the glass and water spilled on the keyboard. She react quickly but hey it's water! All of a sudden everything stopped working (motherboard shortage). While i was at work she called me to tell me this and told her to dry the surface as much as she could, unplug the power cord and leave the machine alone. When i got home, i could see water still in the button cracks. I opened the laptop, removed the battery get the air dryer and it was hope time... unfortunately nothing worked... I removed the HDD and installed it on my rig as an external drive and nothing was lost (phewwwww) :)

So i let the thing opened for a week by the window so sun and heat would dry it out bo this did  not worked either... I reinstalled the HDD and closed the laptop as it was a repair thing now. Plugged the power cord to check if the power button would light up and.... no... so it was dead.

I left the laptop there for 2 weeks as we were going out of town and when we came back home... power light was on on the Laptop! Fired up the thing and it came back alive without damage!?!

It's been 3 months now and works like a charm and a great lesson learned by the love one :)

• Like 1