Sign in to follow this  
Nyghtfall

make fakepilot invisible in cockpit view

After 1,5 years I'm in the final stages of the Malaysian Skyhawks. I made a fakepilot to add several parts specific to the plane - one of them is the different gunsight. Now my problem is, that this part looks good from external view, but is also visible from cockpit-view floating over the dashboard. The fakepilot is added under the fuselage-section which has "ShowFromCockpit=FALSE". So are there any other options for a fix other than removing the new gunsight-model from the fakepilot?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ok, I found my problem: I adjusted my cockpit position and changed the size of the gunsight a bit. After removing the old one by ini-edit the new one is roughly in position now. One small glitch stays though. If you move the head to the sides or up and down it starts to disappear at some point, but I can live with that.

img00068.JPG

• Like 2

Hello,

Very good idea! This looks very good...:good:

I'm not sure but you could refine the view of your gunsight with the position offset parameters from the cockpit.ini file. 

Edited by Coupi

Nyghtfall

Very nice work on the Malaysian Hawks.

I am working on a SF2 South China Sea terrain project and have taken the SF1 OV-10D and added a laser designator thru ini edits. The problem is I get the designator view screen in the upper right hand corner but there is no radar scope in the cockpit as the model was built years ago. Do you know of any way to add a radar scope to the cockpit? And unfortunately I do not have any modeling software.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

large.59c84011a839d_OV-10Dpit.JPG.9899b3b4f08e2d27d9d03214fbbd4aaa.JPG

10 hours ago, krfrge said:

Nyghtfall

Very nice work on the Malaysian Hawks.

I am working on a SF2 South China Sea terrain project and have taken the SF1 OV-10D and added a laser designator thru ini edits. The problem is I get the designator view screen in the upper right hand corner but there is no radar scope in the cockpit as the model was built years ago. Do you know of any way to add a radar scope to the cockpit? And unfortunately I do not have any modeling software.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hey there.

What I did here, was adding an external model, that reaches into the cockpit and therefor is visible. In your case the mainproblem is that you need a display of some sort. The designator image is set up in the cockpit.ini, so I think the cockpit has to provide something that can act as display. I think, the only thing, that can be done is to add a static display model, that always shows the same pic.

But I'm not really an expert here, so maybe someone else knows more. I'm also interested in a solution for this for a possible A-4S/SU which requires a MFD to be added to the cockpit.

Thanks for the assist. Your work is great! Thanks for sharing the tips. I will let you know if I have any success on getting the image into one of the cockpit dials