• Similar Content

• By Eugene2
      Some problems with the weapons in FE2.
      When I'm flying on Anatra DS in "Bomb target" mission, I cant't select "bombs" and I can't even see the bombs. In FE1 is "All Correct".
      The same problem in FE2 is with "bomb target" mission on Camel F1 (150). In FE1 is "All Correct".
      Then - a problem with SPAD XII. FE2 can't detect 37mm SAMC Moteur cannon. In FE1 is "All Correct". BUT... When I replace in "SPAD XII_data" 37mm SAMC Moteur cannon to 37mm Hotchkiss M1902 - FE2 can detect this one.  In FE1 is "All Correct".
      Is it any way to fix this problems ?

• By VonS

View File Tweaked Flight Models and Realism Pack for FE2
      Hello Gents & Fellow Flyers of First Eagles 2,

Included in the same folder with this ReadMe file are over 200 modified data files that I use for aircraft that are available on the CombatAce website for First Eagles 2. I’m very pleased that we have a larger selection of aircraft for the WWI period than WOFFue or ROF – well done modders and many thanks!

The installation process for the data ini modifications is now streamlined, with all versions up to 9.5 being included per theater in a large “consolidated” folder. Inside that folder you will find two “Read Me” files that list a version history up to ver. 8.9, also from ver. 9.0 to 9.5, and all of the incremental mods. done to the FMs up to that point.

The latest files are found per theater in a separate “DataFilesAdditionsVer97” folder. Also take note of other folders such as “ForFlightFolder,” “ForObjectsFolder,” etc., located in the latest ver. 9.7 update, and install items into the relevant folder hierarchy of your FE2 user directory. Always install older version files first before upgrading to the latest ver. FM pack (if you are missing ver. 9.5, for example, first install the files from the big consolidated folder before overwriting with the files from ver. 9.7).

A great many thanks go out to Peter01 and Ojcar, also TexMurphy, for making most of those flight model files to begin with. Also a great thanks goes out to Stephen1918, MontyCZ and Laton for providing lots of beautiful planes and skins that go with those great flight models, to NBell for the many hitbox improvements provided for the planes, also to VonOben, Mike Dora and Crawford for many helpful suggestions, and to the A-Team by SkunkWorks for allowing me to tweak a few of the FMs for their models too. And of course a very big thanks goes out to Geezer for the fantastic, high-quality models that are still being made for FE2.

What I've done is tinkered with the data files further. Modifications in all cases, to a greater or lesser extent, include data under the following sections:

(a) MissionData
      (b) FlightControl
      (c) AIData
      (d) Sound
      (e) AircraftData
      (f) Engine
      (g) Crew
      (h) Internal Guns
      (i) Control Surfaces
      (j) Landing Gears
      (k) Fuselage, Nose, Tail, Vertical Tail, LeftStab, RightStab, Rudder, Left/Right/Inner/Middle/Outer/Tip Wing components

As always, please read the included "Read Me" file for more thorough installation info. and details regarding the FM tweaks. Enjoy and happy flying!
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor.
      Submitter VonS Submitted 10/16/2015 Category Flight Models  
    • By VonS
      Hello Gents & Fellow Flyers of First Eagles 2,

Included in the same folder with this ReadMe file are over 200 modified data files that I use for aircraft that are available on the CombatAce website for First Eagles 2. I’m very pleased that we have a larger selection of aircraft for the WWI period than WOFFue or ROF – well done modders and many thanks!

The installation process for the data ini modifications is now streamlined, with all versions up to 9.5 being included per theater in a large “consolidated” folder. Inside that folder you will find two “Read Me” files that list a version history up to ver. 8.9, also from ver. 9.0 to 9.5, and all of the incremental mods. done to the FMs up to that point.

The latest files are found per theater in a separate “DataFilesAdditionsVer97” folder. Also take note of other folders such as “ForFlightFolder,” “ForObjectsFolder,” etc., located in the latest ver. 9.7 update, and install items into the relevant folder hierarchy of your FE2 user directory. Always install older version files first before upgrading to the latest ver. FM pack (if you are missing ver. 9.5, for example, first install the files from the big consolidated folder before overwriting with the files from ver. 9.7).

A great many thanks go out to Peter01 and Ojcar, also TexMurphy, for making most of those flight model files to begin with. Also a great thanks goes out to Stephen1918, MontyCZ and Laton for providing lots of beautiful planes and skins that go with those great flight models, to NBell for the many hitbox improvements provided for the planes, also to VonOben, Mike Dora and Crawford for many helpful suggestions, and to the A-Team by SkunkWorks for allowing me to tweak a few of the FMs for their models too. And of course a very big thanks goes out to Geezer for the fantastic, high-quality models that are still being made for FE2.

What I've done is tinkered with the data files further. Modifications in all cases, to a greater or lesser extent, include data under the following sections:

(a) MissionData
      (b) FlightControl
      (c) AIData
      (d) Sound
      (e) AircraftData
      (f) Engine
      (g) Crew
      (h) Internal Guns
      (i) Control Surfaces
      (j) Landing Gears
      (k) Fuselage, Nose, Tail, Vertical Tail, LeftStab, RightStab, Rudder, Left/Right/Inner/Middle/Outer/Tip Wing components

As always, please read the included "Read Me" file for more thorough installation info. and details regarding the FM tweaks. Enjoy and happy flying!
      Von S

DISCLAIMER: All Von S mods, for FE2, SF2, also WOFFue, are subject to the CombatAce "freeware" terms of agreement. Mods may be shared with others, included on other media devices, also modded further, providing that original documentation and/or credit is included, and providing that the mods remain free to use. Von S mods shall not be sold, resold, etc., and Von S takes no responsibility for injuries or fixations that may result from flying heavily tweaked FMs or from attempts to enjoy real flying without aid or instruction from a qualified flight instructor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..