Hi all guys;

is possible to load pods like the LAU-3 or -10 in a slant two configuration via TER?

I tried to add the 2BR_TER both in the interested planes DATA.ini ( ex. to the A-4C wing pylons) and  in the LOADOUT.in

The loadout.ini:

[SEAD]
DefaultFor=SEAD
Loadout[01].WeaponType=LAU-10A_Mk16_Mk24mod0
Loadout[01].Quantity=2
Loadout[01].RackType=2BR_TER
Loadout[02].WeaponType=LAU-10A_Mk16_Mk24mod0
Loadout[02].Quantity=2
Loadout[02].RackType=2BR_TER
Loadout[03].WeaponType=Tank300_A4_fuselage
Loadout[03].Quantity=1

And the DATA-ini:

[LeftWingStationInboard]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=1
StationGroupID=1
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=-1.91,0.10,-0.87
AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
LoadLimit=793.79
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,EOGB,RP,CGR,EOGR,FT,GP,TER,MER,IRM,IP,EP,2BR
AttachmentType=NATO,USN
RackLimitOutsideOnly=TRUE
RackLimitDiameter=0.24
ModelNodeName=LeftWing_InnerPylon
PylonMass=31.75
PylonDragArea=0.03
FuelTankName=Tank300_A4
FuelTankNodeName=droptank_L
LaunchRailNodeName=missile_rail_L
LaunchRailHeight=0.16
LaunchRailMass=22.22

But the trick don't work.

I'm wrong in somethings or exist another way?

The same,I'll add napalm canister in flat two configuration,like the beautiful twin LAU-3 or LAU-10 from ravenclaw_007

Thanks in advance for any tips,

Gianni

there is only one solution for the rocket pods  , one left and one right pod assembly

i have them finish i just have to create a new weapons ini for them , if i find some time for it

Image2.gif

• Like 10

Until ravenclaw_007 is ready with the weapons, you could work around your problem as follows:

1 - make a new weapon, a fuel tank type, using the TER lod and make a weapon station in the aircraft data.ini, dedicated to this weapon.

2 - make new weapon stations in the aircraft data.ini, only for rocket pods and the tricky part is you will have to adjust the AttachementPosition and AttachmentAngles so that the rocket pods appear attached to the TER in the right places.

The other tricky part is to choose the correct StationGroupID for each weapons station. Basically you need to have different StatonGroupID for the fake fuel tank (TER lod) and for the rocket pods, so that you could load both the fake fuel tanks and the rocket pods at the same time.

For example on an A-4, you could have

StationGroupID=1 for the outer wing pylons (if the A-4 version has such)

StationGroupID=2 for the inner wing pylons, weapons - FT (the real ones), Bombs, RP, etc.

StationGroupID=2 for the inner wing pylons, weapons - FT (the fake ones, based on the TER lod) only

StationGroupID=3 for rocket pods, that will be loaded on the new, dedicated weapon stations

StationGroupID=4 for the central fuselage pylon

I have done this in the past with a Kfir C2 and it worked. That solution will work only on an aircraft with few pylons, that use less than 6 StationGroupIDs.

Very old pic (2005 or so) showing the above mentioned method ..  the modified data ini is long gone

pods.jpg

pods.jpg

6 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

there is only one solution for the rocket pods  , one left and one right pod assembly

i have them finish i just have to create a new weapons ini for them , if i find some time for it

Image2.gif

Ravenclaw that's what I desire,I hope you'll make also a LAU-10 variant!Any ETA?

And thanks all guys for the answers,I'll try Svetlin suggestion ASAP,probably not before the next week-end.

Gianni

• Like 1

small problem , all the aircraft i try to test the launchers on have no separate left and right pylons but that would be necessary to get them work

are there any aircraft with separate left and right pylons ???

• Like 1

ok i got it to work , problem is that you have to renumber your StationGroupID so that the left and right inner pylons have there own ID number , this may work on A-4 or A-7 but not on aircraft like the F-4 because there are all StationGroupID  used already

dont know if it is worth the work ???

img00001.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

ok i got it to work , problem is that you have to renumber your StationGroupID so that the left and right inner pylons have there own ID number , this may work on A-4 or A-7 but not on aircraft like the F-4 because there are all StationGroupID  used already

img00001.jpg

Beautiful job!

Personally I'm not afraid about the F-4s,as with your twin and triple mounted podsI've more than covered different weapons configurations.

The A-4 and A-7 are my primary recipients of the slant two pods for  Vietnam or Israel SEAD missions.

But obviously this is a personal consideration!

I KNEW Sundowner and I had done this set up for a what-if Phantom FRG.3. It should be in the download section, but haven't been able to find it!!

phantom3-cas.jpg

Blimey, I'd forgot that one, you can soon set up a dummy mer/ ter and the attachment points in the aircraft data ini, then build the custom loadouts to suit. You can go crazy with station specific weapons etc and end up with any combination you need, I can even hang a single pod on a ter if needed or even a combination of 2 mk82 bombs and an ecm pod on one pylon an 3 mk82s on the other.

Using custom loadouts is a great thing but you need to go through the mission editor to be able to select them.

One thing I have done in the past is set up certain aircraft for just mud moving and another version for A/A, that way you can free up a station or two.

• Like 1

Blimey ! For the first time in ages I've logged into my old Photobucket account, there's a folder in there called SF_2007 ! There is stuff in it even I'd forgot about,  here's one showing the triple pod on a TER setup I had back then.......

f4bm-loadout.thumb.JPG.f14908f23f53317c2f7b4d59d5a24d46.JPG

• Like 1

On 27.9.2017 at 9:55 AM, ravenclaw_007 said:

Volker, you can use higher ID numbers on the station, but that requires to use the loudout.ini to mount the launchers.

yes, anything past group 6 is automatically, always "there"

Hi ravenclaw, any chance you could release these if their done? Cheers, dan

• Like 1

i will , but you have to wait until i have solved my computer problems , that may take awhile , dependent on the manufacturer of my graphics card

imagine this , you have to buy a new graphics card and after 4 weeks this new card is broken , then you send it back to the manufacturer and you wait and you wait and you wait but no graphics card is comming back

i´m waiting now almost 5 weeks and my computer is only running with onboard graphics , thanks a lot ASUS :censored:

• Sad 2

Cheers mate, from what I have read it's a pretty unusual load out other than for ground displays at air shows etc. Reason being it's very 'dragy' especially once the nose cones have been fired off etc.

i just uploaded some twin rocket pods assemblies , still waiting approval

as you may know , you may have to edit the data.ini from the aircraft you like to use this pods on

img00002.thumb.jpg.50705fa5e9cc2eaba983b2a3c8dbba6e.jpg

• Like 1