Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Need SF1 Sea Fury FM Help

The picture shows the old SF1 Simon Porter Sea Fury.

It's an AI pilot rolling down the runway taking off.  All the AI planes take off in this position.

The player plane doesn't do this.

While I enjoy a good air show's aerobatics, these forward wheelies by my wingmen are a bit much.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

Wheelie.jpg

check CG positioning

check thrust angle

also, let me check my archives, I redid the FM in 2012

Give this a try.

I've included a 'backed up" copy of the data ini, so you don't have to save yours. I also took the liberty of resetting all the hit boxes, and gave it new engine sound. While the Napier Sabre isn't perfect, it's the closest we have the Centarus (I've heard a real one in a Sea Fury at an airshow in Chino many years ago, and it's pretty quite for big radial!)

what I don't remember is, if 1stGens can use the /Pilots sub folder in /Objects main folder. There's a FakePilot (tm) antenna included, so do whatever! You can always edit the data ini, and remove it. It's listed in the //Crew section of the data ini

sea fury fixes.7z

old sea fury.JPG

????

so... ??? any better?

Thanks for the data and fake pilot antenna and pitot files, but unfortunately, neither work.

I've tried a couple dozen combinations of data .ini file changes after trying yours as they were given to me,  but no luck.

From what little I do know, I assume the pitot and antenna add on were made for SF2?  They just won't show up in my SF1 install.  But the fake pilot shows up when I replace the data.ini entry for the furyantena with fakepilot.  So....my assumption it was built for SF2.

The AI pilots still take off in a nose down wheelie but at least they get off the ground.

Bit of a mystery.  Not a show stopper.

Anyway, thanks for the try.

move the CG to the position shown in my data ini

or just try redownloding the original from 12 years ago...it was built for 1stGens, so should really not have any issues (other than the obvious ones)

Geary, you might want to try the SF2 FM included with the Paulopanz Sea Fury package. It was made for Simon Porters Sea Fury model. I think the FM is similar more or less to the one I made for the SkippyBing model. If you're on the last SF1 patch it should be OK, not sure about earlier patches. Here's a link: https://combatace.com/files/file/13443-hawker-sea-fury-fb11-mk-50/

baffmeister,

Thanks for the suggestion but it's sorted and working.  I got one of the original Sea Fury FM's.

This may be heretical, but if I fly the Sea Fury, then IL-2 is the best platform.

And I loved flying the Sea Fury off carriers.

Misplaced, maybe, but not heretical.

I think IL-2 is great, but I can't keep up with the updates.

This post was just trying to fix the Sea Fury's AI planes' take-off postures while I update skins for my SF1 and SF2 Korean War installs.