Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Wings Over China

Took a break from WW1 and played around with some of the 1937 Sino-Japanese war stuff.  Click shot for hi-res image.

img00005.JPG

img00007.JPG

img00009.JPG

img00013.JPG

img00018.JPG

img00001.JPG

img00016.JPG

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 11

Beauty!!

Fantastic!!! If all this splendor work in 1st Gens, it will be generally wonderful!

5 hours ago, Crawford said:

Fantastic!!! If all this splendor work in 1st Gens, it will be generally wonderful!

I'm running FE2 in Win7 with DX10.  In my Options.ini I have:

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
DisplayDepth=32
AspectRatio=1.777778
AntiAliasing=1
UseAdvancedShaders=1
ForceDX9=TRUE
ForceVSyncOff=FALSE
LensFlare=2
DetailLevel=4
ObjectDetail=2
ObjectTexture=3
CockpitTexture=3
CockpitMirrors=1
CockpitReflection=1
EffectsDetail=3
TerrainDetail=2
TerrainTexture=3
HorizonDistance=3
GroundObjectDensity=2
WaterDetail=2
CloudsDetail=1
Shadow=3

Dunno if these settings will work in Gen1, but it's worth a try.  :biggrin:  Click shot for hi-res image.

Also, I have brightened the light levels - standard game lighting is too dark and murky.  Below is my Flight folder, which is mostly stuff I got from Quack74 and Panama Red.

Flight.rar

img00014.JPG

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 3

Also, if you like to fool around with paint programs, desaturate an ingame screenshot.  Compare the result to a high quality B&W shot in similar lighting conditions to analyze your color values.  Click shot for hi-res image.

desaturated-1.jpg

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 3

Another desaturated shot - click for hi-res image.

desaturated-2.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Geezer said:

Dunno if these settings will work in Gen1, but it's worth a try.

Honestly, my computer is too slow to use all the visual upgrades. But I agree to fly at low settings. :biggrin: The question is whether the 1st Gens engine can see these 3D models if I change the .ini files to ANSI ? For example, your wonderful HalbD5, Falco and Gladiators are able to work just fine with Gen1 and Gen2 games. Unfortunately, this does not always apply to the works of other modelers since all of their new models are designed for SF2 only...

The difference between ANSI formatting of the LOD or Unicode formatting of the LOD. 1stGens can't see Unicode LODs.. SF2 is Unicode, but reads both. FE2, iirc, also used unicode for the stock lods.

3rd party users (may) have the choice when exporting to use either. What I"m not sure of, is the "latest" TW Exported for MAX still give you that option. (never got mince set up!)

in any case, these China Skies birds look awesome!

• Like 1