While thinking about NVG effect for SF2, I remember your Super Hornets have a cool effect. At night, I noticed there's a zone of the canopy that enlights the exterior, it looks greener like if is reflecting the instrument lightning, but it have the side effect of iluminating the exterior of the plane so it works more or less like NVG and allow a better perception of the external workd. My question is, is possible to have the rest of the canopy like the green zone so we can have the first capable NVG aircraft in SF2? 

Look the upper part exterior looks darker while the lower exterior part looks more visible...

5d7wmif.jpg

As it seems EricJ is away, can someone tell me how can I expand the "green" area so it covers all the canopy?

p9owuaf.jpg

8vZIqKi.jpg

Is something around here?

[CockpitSeat001]
ModelName=HornetE_blkII_Pit
Position=0.0000,4.7768,1.1004
Offset=0.0,-0.2,0.0
ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
//ModelName=HornetE_Pit
//Position=0.0,4.15,1.25
//Offset=0.0,-0.2,0.0
//ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
MaxYaw=160
MinYaw=-160
MaxPitch=110
MinPitchFront=-90
MinPitchRear=-80
LightRange=1.5
LightInnerConeAngle=360
LightOuterConeAngle=360
LightAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
DiffuseLightFactor=0.5
NightLightOn=0.25
NightLightColor=0.0,1.0,0.0,0.7
Gunsight=GunsightFront

Isn't it question of reclections .tga file in canopy glass ?

No idea; Im not an expert on cockpit thingies.

Well, look for tga files and move them one by one out of work folder until this reflection be missed.

When you find correct file try to modify it .

Also self ilumination is working. It's my Tornado cockpit that I used a bit self ilumination for HUD glass.

img00002.thumb.JPG.339ffe6858bb1f7bf9d0553f55996c88.JPG

I don't know a thing about this type of mod but here's an idea 

is there a way to cover all of the screen whit a green TGA?

32 minutes ago, cocas said:

I don't know a thing about this type of mod but here's an idea 

is there a way to cover all of the screen whit a green TGA?

You could create a sphere with inverted mesh faces, meaning the faces are inside. TGA mapping, and added at the viewpoint of the cockpit. You would not have the TGA in external view, but that's just realistic. :biggrin: If there's no cockpit sourcefile available, it could be added as fake pilot. Drawback would be it will be always, also at day time, there then.

has a weapon you load wend you want to right that would leave the 7 group only  problem but it  would work right

Anyway, interesting idea with this sphere and fake pilot ;-)

Shouldn't be possible to link that sphere to an animation?

I thought about small, transparent sphere around pilot head (viewpoint) with some self ilumination effect added by fake pilot.

Question is how to hide it, that will be invisible from outside view and second question is it possible ;-)

the best way would a avionics mode that fills the screen whit the said tga but i don't if that possible!

Florian is genius ;-) Inverted skin, only on inside part of this sphere will hide it from outside view ;-) Or should ;-)

It's worth of try. It should work like night vision gogles .

Ofc we'will stil have problem with day mission, but maybe sphere colour and self ilumination colour can prevent it ... don't know.

• Like 1

Will come in handy for your Tornado too, isn't it guuruu?

When I finish GR.1, I will try do this way night gogles for GR.4.

1st must finish universal 3d model, then rework it for early Luftwaffe plane and do some basic templates for skinners.

Then will try with night vision.

Edited by guuruu

just an idea if  you have enough animations id  slots why not make that sphere and set  to animation key to turn on so to speak  I don´t know exactly how moving in to place maybe wend its on and moving out of site wend its off

Edited by cocas

How about using the Nightlight On part of the cockpit ini ? Change the colour to an intense green , change the cone angle etc, don't know if it would work but it might be worth a try.

• Like 1

I'll try every option ;-) Night vision is what I always wanted to have.

Your way looks promising too ;-))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guuruu said:

I'll try every option ;-) Night vision is what I always wanted to have.

Your way looks promising too ;-))

Will really love to have NVG, will add a lot of fun to modern campaigns, like Bosnia, Desert Storm, What'ifs in Korea, Israel...

23 hours ago, guuruu said:

Florian is genius ;-) Inverted skin, only on inside part of this sphere will hide it from outside view ;-) Or should ;-)

It's worth of try. It should work like night vision gogles .

Ofc we'will stil have problem with day mission, but maybe sphere colour and self ilumination colour can prevent it ... don't know.

First, thanks for the flowers...:biggrin: This solution only works for aircraft with self made cockpit!

Add the sphere in the cockpit model and animate it with an animation slot. Now choose an empty slot of the external model and add these lines to the aircraft's data.ini:

[NVG]
SystemType=ANIMATION
InputName=ANIMATION_1
DeploymentMethod=MANUAL
AnimationTime=0.01
AnimationID=1 <-Must be the empty animation slot!

Add this to the cockpit.ini file:

[NVG]
Type=EXTERNAL_ANIMATION_LINK
NodeName=NVGSphere <-Name of the mesh
MovementType=ANIMATION
AnimationID=10 <-Must be the animation slot number of the cockpit!
ItemNumber=3 <-Must be the animation slot of the external model (AnimationID=)

This way you can turn the sphere (only visible in cockpit view) on and off with an animation key.

• Like 1

Yeah I know problems ... and you deserved flowers ;-)

I'm just stupid man that couldn't see inverted sphere potential, it won't be easy, but with all our inventions it seems to be possible.

Anyway, worth of try and maybe we will have night vision.

43 minutes ago, Florian said:

First, thanks for the flowers...:biggrin: This solution only works for aircraft with self made cockpit!

What does it mean "self made cockpit"? Excuse my ignorance.

Well, you need the source file (3ds max) of an cockpit, to add the TGA sphere. With no access to the source file you would be limited to the fake pilot method.

18 minutes ago, Florian said:

Well, you need the source file (3ds max) of an cockpit, to add the TGA sphere. With no access to the source file you would be limited to the fake pilot method.

So you mean, modded cockpits only, and in top of that, cockpits with acces to the 3d MAX file. I get it now, thanks for explaining it.

Yes, only these will have the option to use it with the animation key. Generally all cockpits can have this added, but stock TW cockpits, or other ones with no access to the MAX file, are limited to the fake pilot method.

• Like 2