Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Decal Dash for Wolf257's P-51A/B/C Model?

I seem to recall that within the past few months someone posted about using a decal to place an instrument dash panel on Wolf257's P-51B model.

I've searched but can't seem to find the post which makes me wonder if it's just my wishful thinking.  I thought I'd kept a link to that post but I can't find that either.

Does anyone else remember this? 

Has anyone done this?

Thanks for any help.

P-51B-2.jpg

use Mue's lod viewer, find the coordinates, and boom! Bob's your insturment panel! (it'll be something lilke 0.0, 0.20, the mesh is "panel", facing is REAR)

Hard part: finding a suitable image to make the decal from! (you could even go the easter egg route, and use a radar equipped panel! --just to see if anyone notices)

(speaking of decals, you've forgotten to use the "shroud.tga" decal I made for the exhaust stacks. Highly suggested :wink: )

btw, I've looked at the skins for the D, and just need to organize my thoughts and comments!

No luck with the dash decal.  Nothing shows up on the panel.  Could be I'm not doing it right but I've done all I know how to do.

Thanks for the heads up on the shroud.tga decal.  Got it on all the B, C and D models.  They all look better now.

Actually this model is pretty much outdated. I got the YAP's P-51B and D, and both are fantastic. The D model is even better than TW's. The B has a proper cockpit wich is great.

Wilches,

I agree, this is a very outdated model.

I also have YAP's P-51B and D as well as DAT's P-51B and C models.

Unfortunately, not everyone has access to YAP and/or DAT stuff.

And I also don't have a template for YAP's P-51s.  Although my template for Wolf257s A,B,C models might work on DAT's but DAT's are for SF2 only.

This is for my skinning practice, for those that don't have access to other models, and for SF2 and older SF1 die-hards like me.

Just trying to see how far I can update this old plane.

Hi,

Last year I tested this:

[Decal014]
MeshName=Panel
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=BACK
FilenameFormat=P-51A_1943/1ACG/D/Panel
Position=-0.13,0.52
Rotation=0.0
Scale=0.25
DecalMaxLOD=3

If you want I could send you my skinning test.

However the fake pilot method should be an interesting alternative way to replace the empty "panel' mesh with new detailed parts for cockpit (instrumented panel, stick, gunsight....).

Best regards,

PC

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Geray, I know what you mean. Just trying to give a help by showing other sources. As for YAP skins, I did a lot. From ETO to CBI. They´re all SFP1/2 compatible.

Coupi,

Yes, please send anything you have, especially a dash decal.

There is a cockpit setup for Wolf257's D model that is great, but it only works for the D model.  I wonder that the fake pilot method might work with this cockpit setup?

Wilches,

Did you release the YAP skins?  I can't find them here.

• Like 1

I'll post them here soon as I complete the whole bunch. When I got home I'll post some shots as a tease. The skins are only jpg to save space and blank skins for skinners. For SFP1 users you might convert'em as bmp. See you soon.

• Like 1