Hi all guys,

I'm currently play in SF2I with the Exp Pack in the 1974 Golan Stalemate with the 101 Squadron;I lightly modified thr aircraft type upgrades in order to mirror what happened in the real in the Squadron.

This is the Campaign original ini lines                                                                  

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Date=04/01/1975
Upgrade[01].Type=KfirC2
Upgrade[01].Texture=IDFCamo1
Upgrade[02].Date=02/01/1978
Upgrade[02].Type=KfirC2
Upgrade[02].Texture=IDFGrey1

And the modified

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Type=KfirC1
Upgrade[01].Texture=IDFCamo2
Upgrade[02].Date=01/01/1977
Upgrade[02].Type=KfirC1_77
Upgrade[02].Texture=IDFCamo2
Upgrade[03].Date=02/01/1978
Upgrade[03].Type=KfirC2
Upgrade[03].Texture=IDFGrey1

But despite I'm "flying" in the 1979,the aircraft in use is still the KfirC1_77.

So what I want to know is if exist a max number of upgrades allowed .Otherwise,what will be the problem for the last upgrades?

Thanks all,

Gianni

I could be wrong but I understand it is a game bug that means the texture folder name of the aircraft you are upgrading to has to have the same name as the previous upgraded aircraft's texture folder. In all my personal customised campaigns I follow this rule and it works fine. It means you may have to extract the contents of the KfirC2 'IDFGrey1' folder and rename it 'IDFCamo2' etc. Personally  I would have a commonly named texture folder in each Kfir varient such as 'Campaign1' that I would extract and place in the specific textures and decal.ini file etc that I wanted to be used by each aircraft varient in my modified campaign.

So to work correctly yours should read:

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Type=KfirC1
Upgrade[01].Texture=IDFCamo2
Upgrade[02].Texture=IDFCamo2
Upgrade[03].Type=KfirC2
Upgrade[03].Texture=IDFCamo2

Upgrade[03].Texture='IDFCamo2' texture folder has the extracted contents of KfirC2 'IDFGrey1' texture folder in it,

Or better still:

UpgradeType=FIXED
Upgrade[01].Type=KfirC1
Upgrade[01].Texture=Campaign1
Upgrade[02].Texture=Campaign1
Upgrade[03].Type=KfirC2
Upgrade[03].Texture=Campaign1

Upgrade[01].Texture='Campaign1' texture folder has the extracted contents of KfirC1 'IDFCamo2' texture folder in it,

* Upgrade[02].Texture='Campaign1' texture folder has the extracted contents of KfirC1_77 'IDFCamo2' texture folder in it,

* Upgrade[03].Texture='Campaign1' texture folder has the extracted contents of KfirC2 'IDFGrey1' texture folder in it.

Edited by dtmdragon

12 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

lightly modified thr aircraft type upgrades in order to mirror what happened in the real in the Squadron.

then Kfir Canard (wrongly called C1..-there is no Kfir C1 only C2 and C7 plus R/T versions.- C1 is just Kfir and Kfir canad) - I might be wrong but Kfir Cannard was used only by 109 since 1977 (rebuilds of first Kfir that were not worth of further upgrades to C2)  and then 254 Tayeset....since 1982..

C2 arrived to 101 Tayeset in 1976..for few weeks first  examples were still in three colour camo....then all were repainted into grey scheme...just before 1976 ended.. - october as i recall correctly...then all new were delivered in grey paint.

just my 5cents...but im serial/date/etc freak...

Edited by yakarov79

Thanks a lot guys!

So the cahnges will be simple!

Yakarov your're right about the C1,Israel don't use this denomination but instead the nickname Balata ( Brick) for the handling  characteristic and was accepted bu the squadron on 16 April 1975 and passed to the Valley Squadron on 28 July 1977,receiving the C2 on 14 July 1977.But the two types coexisted for some months during the transition from the Brick to the Pirate ( IAF nickname for the C2).

By pics also,the 101 squadron operated the very basic C1 and not the slightly upgraded one with the nose and air intake's strakes,but I want a RWR that are present in the C1_77 only.

About the grey scheme,was adopted approximatively with the introduction of the F-15s.

My infos are extrapolated from this book .

Gianni

Edited by RustyKurnass
  • Like 1