Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Functional Night Vision Goggles WIP video

This what we get so far using the method descibred in this post:

Is a very clever solution by Florian, that let the player have NVG only when he selects them, nothing is visible from outside the plane and I think the results are really worth it. The work is by Florian and I tested it, the only drawback is that we need the 3d MAX sourcecode for the cockpits in order to include this type of NVG. So I use this post and video to request the people that have those files to please share us with Florian or me, or to contacxt us to instructions of how to add those NVG. I'm thinking in planes like the Hornets, Vipers, Strike Eagles...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

interesting. Is this same way am using "nvg" on some of my choppers ? like late Cobras ?

• Like 1

Is a sphere activated trough one of the animations. It requires the cockpit 3d max to add that sphere.

so its same way I did..

although I did not use sphere...

It uses self illumination also ? Just asking...always looking for way to enhance things...In this case improve visibility in real..

• Like 1

Yes, it's self illuminating.

Edited by Florian

Guys, I will contact cockpits artists in order to add the NVG to modern planes, that's what I tought so far.

F-16's

F/A-18 and Super Hornets

Strike Eagles

Two seater Mirage 2000

Jaguar MK.I RAF

Modern A-6 Intruders

What more guys?

Am having totally new Harriers AV-8B / AV-8B  NA and AV-8B+ all with new cockpits. So consider it done for NA and Plus.

• Like 2

Sounds good, yakarov! 

Might i ask, as i have your cobras not installed at the moment, do you activate the night vision also by animation key?

Am i right, you need an external animation to get it to work? Or did i make a mistake by my trials.

Yes it is activated by animation key....but there is animation  also in external object. In  Cobra there are two pairs pf "NVG"-lods that will appear on pilot/gunner helmets....same animation activates animation in cockpit. 

And I think in cockpit ini there are lines connecting external animation to internal..

But now I have no SF2 installed on my "travelling laptop...so cant check to confirm.

47 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Am having totally new Harriers AV-8B / AV-8B  NA and AV-8B+ all with new cockpits. So consider it done for NA and Plus.

Great news! 

28 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

Yes it is activated by animation key....but there is animation  also in external object. In  Cobra there are two pairs pf "NVG"-lods that will appear on pilot/gunner helmets....same animation activates animation in cockpit. 

And I think in cockpit ini there are lines connecting external animation to internal..

But now I have no SF2 installed on my "travelling laptop...so cant check to confirm.

Exactly! That i discovered also. So we need the external model too.

Edited by Florian

Many of the modern planes are from "The Mirage Factory", including cockpits.