Hi, I'm looking for a skin template for the F-16XL, wondering where I might be able to find it. I've tried looking under every category, although I may not have been looking hard enough if the template can be found :D

Thanks in-advance!

There is no public template available.

Try to contact "the Viper Team" or dtmdragon. ;-) 

1 minute ago, Soulfreak said:

There is no public template available.

Try to contact "the Viper Team" or dtmdragon. ;-) 

Hmm.. Thanks for the help anyway!

well, Mue's Lod Viewer will generate the lined maps, if that's of any help.

By chance, will we be seeing Hawk Hunter's XL from "The Wingman" series??

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

By chance, will we be seeing Hawk Hunter's XL from "The Wingman" series??

zachtan is recreating skins of the Ace Combat universe, but who knows? The only famous F-16XL I recall from Ace Combat is that of Wizard Squadron: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard_Squadron

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

zachtan is recreating skins of the Ace Combat universe, but who knows? The only famous F-16XL I recall from Ace Combat is that of Wizard Squadron: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard_Squadron

Damn, you ruined the surprise. The XL's gonna take awhile longer, mod creators lost the template, so Imma "attempt" (because I've never tried making a template before lol) to try to make my own lol (Should I stick to just the YF-23 or substitute the F-16XL with an F-16C?)
img00104.thumb.JPG.9ca71f2a76f824049cc5b10b0d617972.JPG

Edited by zachtan
  • Like 2

Sorry zachtan, I couldn't resist. Next time I won't spoil anything.

The YF-23 is a beauty, and AFAIK there aren't so many skins for it, so go for it. I'd rather have this one than the F-16C in place of the F-16XL. Didn't dtmdragon have some kind of template? He made hi-res skins for the F-16XL a while ago.

Edited by Menrva

1 minute ago, Menrva said:

Didn't dtmdragon have some kind of template? He made hi-res skins for the F-16XL a while ago.

Yeah, he lost it. But I'll try making my own.

BTW, what I meant was, should I make (YF-23 + F-16C, YF-23 Alone or YF-23 +F-16XL)

Edited by zachtan

51 minutes ago, zachtan said:

BTW, what I meant was, should I make (YF-23 + F-16C, YF-23 Alone or YF-23 +F-16XL)

Stupid me, I am still sleeping I guess, LOL!  Making a package with both YF-23 and F-16 (XL if possible) makes sense, it's the same squadron after all (actually both Wizard and Sorcerer are part of the same squadron, they are just two different flights). Making a separate upload could be useful in case you'll update only one of the two skins. Your choice.

According to Acepedia, it seems that Wizard uses the F/A-18C (most likely with a generic skin, Project ACES couldn't bother to add certain details in a PS2 game) during Operation Battle-Axe, but for some kind of reason they get the YF-23 and F-16 after the defection to AWWNB. Sorcerer instead uses the same aircraft, before and after the defection. Weird choice by Project ACES.

EDIT: about Wizard's Hornet, just as I thought: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fa18c_wizard1.png

Edited by Menrva

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dels

View File F-117A Photoshop templates
      These are the Photoshop templates for my F-117A.

Dels
      Submitter Dels Submitted 01/31/2023 Category Skin Templates  
    • By Dels
      These are the Photoshop templates for my F-117A.

Dels
    • By snowburn

View File Alternative Hangar Template for Eagle114th Screen Overhaul
      Alternative .PSD Template for Hangars /  Eagle114th Screen Overhaul (1920x1080)

This is a Photoshop template for making your own hangars to use with Eagle114th Screen Overhaul
      I really want to keep my aircraft collection sorted, so when i saw Eagle114th's work i decidded to make some changes and include some more info about every aircraft (i keep them separated by country / service branch)

How to Use:
      This template contains 4 masked Groups, 1 what-if stamp and 1 text layer.
      Drag and drop your aircraft photo inside "Main Photo" Group, then press CONTROL + T to position and scale it inside the viewport, if necessary hide other layers inside this group.
      Select current manufacturer / service branch / flag or drag and drop your inside the relevant  group (note that i've included a few images like Argentine, Brazilian and UK Flag)
      Hide or Show the "What-If" layer (it contains a stamp in the upper right corner, as you can see in some screenshots)
      Use the Text tool on the bottom text and type aircraft name
      Save as .JPG 

Requirements:
      Eagle114 Screen Overhaul  - 

Gravicon Font (Free Download)
      https://www.fontzillion.com/fonts/tom-c-lai/gravicon-display?utm_source=fontsquirrel.com&utm_medium=matcherator_link&utm_campaign=gravicondisplay

Credits:
      A HUGE thanks for Eagle114th for making such a wonderful new menus.
      and Wilches for some ideas

Hope you like it :)
      Submitter snowburn Submitted 06/11/2021 Category Hangars  
    • By snowburn
      Alternative .PSD Template for Hangars /  Eagle114th Screen Overhaul (1920x1080)

This is a Photoshop template for making your own hangars to use with Eagle114th Screen Overhaul
      I really want to keep my aircraft collection sorted, so when i saw Eagle114th's work i decidded to make some changes and include some more info about every aircraft (i keep them separated by country / service branch)

How to Use:
      This template contains 4 masked Groups, 1 what-if stamp and 1 text layer.
      Drag and drop your aircraft photo inside "Main Photo" Group, then press CONTROL + T to position and scale it inside the viewport, if necessary hide other layers inside this group.
      Select current manufacturer / service branch / flag or drag and drop your inside the relevant  group (note that i've included a few images like Argentine, Brazilian and UK Flag)
      Hide or Show the "What-If" layer (it contains a stamp in the upper right corner, as you can see in some screenshots)
      Use the Text tool on the bottom text and type aircraft name
      Save as .JPG 

Requirements:
      Eagle114 Screen Overhaul  - 

Gravicon Font (Free Download)
      https://www.fontzillion.com/fonts/tom-c-lai/gravicon-display?utm_source=fontsquirrel.com&utm_medium=matcherator_link&utm_campaign=gravicondisplay

Credits:
      A HUGE thanks for Eagle114th for making such a wonderful new menus.
      and Wilches for some ideas

Hope you like it :)
    • By Soulfreak

View File Template for Bunyap´s T-6 Texan family
      Templates for Bunyap´s T-6 Family I did many years ago.
      So don´t ecpect high viz / high detailed templates.

Regards,

Carlo "Soulfreak" Vecchi
      Submitter Soulfreak Submitted 02/27/2019 Category Skin Templates  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..