Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

loadout.ini syntax

I tried to load for F-106 the Air-2A genie missile (for 1959-1871) and the gunpod begining with 1972. It looks like this:

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIR-2A
Loadout[01].Quantity=1
Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-4G
Loadout[02].Quantity=1
Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-4G
Loadout[03].Quantity=1
Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-4F
Loadout[04].Quantity=1
Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-4F
Loadout[05].Quantity=1
Loadout[06].WeaponType=Tank360_F102
Loadout[06].Quantity=1
Loadout[07].WeaponType=Tank360_F102
Loadout[07].Quantity=1

[AirToAir_72]
StartDefaultDate=1972
DefaultFor=INTERCEPT,CAP

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-4G
Loadout[02].Quantity=1
Loadout[03].WeaponType=AIM-4G
Loadout[03].Quantity=1
Loadout[04].WeaponType=AIM-4F
Loadout[04].Quantity=1
Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-4F
Loadout[05].Quantity=1
Loadout[06].WeaponType=Tank360_F102
Loadout[06].Quantity=1
Loadout[07].WeaponType=Tank360_F102
Loadout[07].Quantity=1
Loadout[08].WeaponType=F106AGunPod
Loadout[08].Quantity=1

For the gunpod, it works, but BEFORE 1972 the game leaves the place empty.(I can load the Air-2A missile manually though). I tried to put 1959 the default for Air-2A missile, but if I do that, after 1972 it won't load the gunpod, it will be the just the Air-2A missile only. I could use a little help. What is the correct syntax to have the two versions please ?

Edited by UllyB

you can't have both. the gunpod take over the genie station.

learn to read data ini station numbering

You missunderstood me (I think). I know to read a data.ini file Sir. The gunpod takes over when data change to 1972, BUT...before that... Air-2A should  appear because it's declared (FIRST), but IT DOESN'T. That was my point. That is why I was puzzled, that is why I asked for help. I checked and IF...I delete these rows :

[AirToAir_72]
StartDefaultDate=1972
DefaultFor=INTERCEPT,CAP

then... the Air-2A APPEARS as it should...BEFORE 1972, in the plane's loadout. And , of course, if I leave it to that, it will stand there even after 1972 date. My logic is this: if a weapons declared appears, why does it disappear BEFORE the data in question, if a newer weapon, through that syntax, takes over. It should appear BEFORE 1972 (the Air-2 A) and after that the gunpod should take over. I never said they should work in the same time or similar. That is why I think you missunderstood me.

Edited by UllyB

those statements ONLY work in SF2. It's called "year specific loadout" (we can also do them for specific nations, too)

you didn't tell us you were trying to adapt an SF2 mod downhill to a 1stGen

you'll have to load the gunpod by hand when the Genie's service years run out

Truth is I didn't know that feature belonged to SF2 generation. I discovered into a SF1 plane's loadout, maybe forgotten by the author when he transformed a SF2 plane to a SF1, but there was no one there to tell me that. I forgot about it until now , when I remembered it and found it useful for what I wanted to happened for that F-106 loadout. I reached to a compromise. I let one version for CAP and one for INTERCEPT. However part of the syntax works, you can change, by stating that lines in the loadout.ini, when a plane to load something new. It's a shame that the other half won't work. Thank you, like always, for your guidance Sir.

PS - SF2 it may have its glamour with new shaders, but the SF1 attracts me more powerfull with its simplicity and beautiness so I feel that I can't part of it yet. My intention is to make a clear "path" through all SF1 stuff and make, at least for myself, a very beautiful, rich game. Bless all the men who contributed to this fine game!

Edited by UllyB