im gonna use this thread to upload my work for when i need help/critique or whatever,

weather or not i ever get around to uploading my mods or not is a different matter but as a long term FIFA modder and general graphic artist (skins mostly) i do appreciate thoughts/opinions from the general populace and since im thinking of working on an ace combat mod at some point ..might as well start getting feedback now eh?

.......so i just found some old files i was working on last year figured i would show a few off

i HAVE completed the menu in its entirety, every screen is already made (albeit for SFP1 not 2 but its a simple file switch from BMP to JPG so), i just haven't decided yet weather to upload or save for the ace combat mod, might see if it gains interest

so first file is a medal screen test  was conducting to see how much text i could fit above and below, im quite pleased with the result

Image1.png

next, a sample of the load out and pilot screens, thinking of making the backgrounds less generic and more tailored for each aircraft, the screens below that are an ace combat inspired menu screen and a hanger screen for an F-14 though again, im thinking of using coloured in game stills so the skin is shown

Image4.png

Image5.png

Image6.png

• Like 3

just to let you know that the only individual screens are the 'hangar screens'. you can have one for each skin, when they're placed in the respective skin folders.

for all the menu screens, they're "global", and can't be tailored to individual aircraft. locked in by the game's code.

but these do look nice!

2 minutes ago, Wrench said:

just to let you know that the only individual screens are the 'hangar screens'. you can have one for each skin, when they're placed in the respective skin folders.

for all the menu screens, they're "global", and can't be tailored to individual aircraft. locked in by the game's code.

but these do look nice!

thanks for the input man

and yeah i had figured that much out whilst i was going through the CAT files, i thought it was a cool addition tbh, so im tailoring around it (my original design is based on the old one per plane format hence why its a blueprint) ......the one thing im planning thats individual other than the hanger screens is, im looking into the prospect of using planning map icons like their are in first eagles, once i find the file that governs those first that is

need to compare the file from FE2 and SF2 to see what makes them tick