Hi, y'all,

I'm thinking of starting a Yom Kippur War campaign, and I wanted to ask: Should I use the A-4E or the A-4H? and why? They seem to be pretty much the same. does it make a difference later in the campaign e.g. A-4e replaced with A-4F or something? or is the ordnance capacity/fuel consumption better?

I await your responses.

The A-4H is essentially an A-4F without the hump and 30mm cannons in place of the 20mm cannons. So the A-4H should be better than the A-4E.

If you want the best weapons, performance and avionics go for the A-4N from the A-4N Ahit Pack 2.0. It is fully integrated into the stock Yom Kippur War campaign provided you install the A-4E/H/F Ahit upgrade/ Enhancement for SF2 1.0 first. Even if you stick with the A-4H or A-4E the Enhancement pack will give you a far more historically accurate aircraft. Again they are fully integrated into the stock Yom Kippur War campaign. Make sure you install the A-4E/H/F Ahit upgrade/ Enhancement first, then the A-4N Ahit pack and override all files as you go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, streakeagle said:

The A-4H is essentially an A-4F without the hump and 30mm cannons in place of the 20mm cannons. So the A-4H should be better than the A-4E.

waitaminute doesn't the a-4F have worse avonics? then if the A-4H doesn't have a hump, does that mean that it has worse avonics or (god forbid) none at all? Because I want that jammer so I can jam them SAMs so I can get into an Egyptian base and Trash it i.e. cannon strafing all aircraft, destroying hangars with rockets, using mk.82 snakeyes to wreck the runway etc.

20 hours ago, FD2004 said:

waitaminute doesn't the a-4F have worse avonics? then if the A-4H doesn't have a hump, does that mean that it has worse avonics or (god forbid) none at all? Because I want that jammer so I can jam them SAMs so I can get into an Egyptian base and Trash it i.e. cannon strafing all aircraft, destroying hangars with rockets, using mk.82 snakeyes to wreck the runway etc.

No mate,reallY.

In order to sell to Israel the A-4 under the defensive rules,the A-4F was downgraded in many respect:some weapons was omitted ( Rockeyes CBUs,Bullpup missiles,BLU-27 napalm canister,Shrike ARMs).Also various avionics components was removed :as mentioned by streakeagle,the hump was deleted with the relative Lear Siegler nav and bombing computers,as the ALQ-51A/100 RWR and the Foxtrot's multipurpose gunsight and the capability to use optically guided glide bombs.

Again as said by streakeagle,the original 20mm Colt cannon was replaced by a pair of 30mm DEFA guns,as a lesson from the high success this weapons showed during the Six Day Wars ' Moked operation by the various French builded planes in IAF service at the time.

Another addition to the H version as per Israeli request was the UHF AN/ARC-51A radio on the new squared fin top.

Obviously in the following years the IAF retrofitted the planes with some of the deleted systems,obtaining better result in his definitive version,the N:And ironically,during the YKW's Operatin Nickel Grass,the US delivered the emergency aid A-4F directely from Navy squadrons,completely equipped of the initial banned systems...

So,in the game,the basic E and H are without ECM and RHAW,you need to wait 'till the planes upgrade during the campaign.

as stated by dtmdragon,go for the two Ahit packs!!!!

Edited by RustyKurnass
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

the original 20mm Colt cannon was replaced by a pair of 30mm DEFA guns,as a lesson from the high success this weapons showed during the Six Day Wars

Success? the only thing I remember about those is screaming at my laptop about how bad they were at air-to-air. I mean, sure, it's one-shot-one-kill most of the time, but it's kinda... slow.

9 hours ago, FD2004 said:

Success? the only thing I remember about those is screaming at my laptop about how bad they were at air-to-air. I mean, sure, it's one-shot-one-kill most of the time, but it's kinda... slow.

You're right probably,but i mean that in the real life the DEFA cannon developed a heavy punch,especially used in AG role.

You need to master A/A gunnery with this weapon,personally I don't open fire if a bogey is out of 0,4-0,3 miles.

Moked was an operation that focused primarily in obtain air superiority by close/destroy Arab base and as much possible airplanes on the soil,and the French-made guns was used with great result,can you imagine the havoc that a Vautour with 4 30mm cannon caused on planes parked on a tarmarc?

And with this mindset that Israeli equipped the Ahit with the DEFA that was angled down,for strafing purpose.

Edited by RustyKurnass

18 hours ago, FD2004 said:

I never had any ptoblem with the DEFA, far superior to the Colt.

My favorite Mig Killer anyway