Sign in to follow this  
hawker111

Attaining Mach 1 at Military Power

What jet fighter aircraft could attain Mach 1 at sea level at military power?

Thanks,

hawker111

That's super-cruising.. Not sure about which plane can do that in real life,  usually stealthy ones, and maybe 4+ gen

google not working??

how about we combine all these threads into ONE, instead of opening new a one every time a question arises?

5 hours ago, hawker111 said:

What jet fighter aircraft could attain Mach 1 at sea level at military power?

Thanks,

hawker111

None that I'm aware of.  I did see some marginal super cruise from the Mirage F1 charts in a very clean configuration but I think at about 18000ft. Quite sure the dash 19 powered F-104C could super cruise as well but have to check the charts.

Wrench is right, you can check out a lot of these questions yourself. Here's a link to a site with some flight manuals. You can look for free but downloads cost money:  http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/lockheed/f-104starfighter/t-o-1f-104a-1-f-104a-b-c-d-flight-manual.html

• Like 1

MiG-29A, without pylons and drop tank between the engines, was able to go supercruise at altitudes higher 10.000 m.

Below 10.000 meters flying with Mach1 and more was forbitten in East Germany. And even then  the sound boom could shake (not break) windows.

Edited by Gepard

Technically a very cold day may push some of them over M1.0 if you can find some charts that cover temperature deviation..............although saying that looking at it you don't seem to gain as much at sea level compared to higher altitudes. 

The F-14B was able to just barely beat 1.0M in level flight at higher altitudes (over 20K feet) in mil power, but not on the deck (vMax around 0.96M in mil power at combat weight).  I recall some of its aircrews chimed in over at Tomcat Sunset a few years ago stating that clean, it would do 1.1M in level flight and 1.2M with slight nose-down, but again, at altitude, not on the deck.

• Like 1