Just downloaded the Korea all in on theater for SFP1 Got the patch and weapons pack but can't  figure out what Korea terrain to use..I know the terrain for SFP2 won't work..Could some one help get what I neeed,,,Thanks

Korea 3 works in 1stGens (minus carrier operations). you just need to downgrade it. instructions in the knowledge base, just follow them backwards (converting 1stGen to SF2).

btw, that 1stGen POS is one of the most inaccurate, incorrect and just plane wrong terrains around. Things aren't even CLOSE to where they're supposed to be

Thank you Wrench,,I have SF2 with Korea added in,,But my video card died and I'm using the onboard video,,,Just ordered a new one from Amazon,,,The integrated graphis chip stinks...

The integrated graphics chip stinks.

yeah, they sure do!!

mostly, it the shader statements. Open a regular 1stGen terrain's data ini, and look for those with the ".fx" suffix.

For me it doesn't work. I did everything you said in SF1->SF2 terrain transformation. Near the rivers everything is flickering, the same when you are near the sea. The airfield's chunks look as the texture is missing (white/grey). Everything else (hill, mountains, fields) looks good. I use WOI and of course I have the GermanyCE CAT into the terrain folder. I really would like to play Korea ver 3.0 , I really like how big this map is and what is covering. Maybe you can help Kevin.

Best fly it in SFG if you want Carrier Campaigns. Works a treat. Well, works for me anyway.

I use WOI 

that's part of your problem -- WoI lacks a lot of internal coding that WoE and WoV have. ONLY use WoE for this.

your flickering may be caused by graphics card or drivers. Nothing at my end can be done about that. That terrain is VERY heavy and hard on low and mid range cards, so ...???

I have a very powerful card, GTX 1080 (I always had the best for that present whatever it were), and drivers are for certain NOT the problem here (I am a 25 year experience hardware engineer and I know one or two things about this matter). I reversed-engineeried two terrains from SF2 and they work flawlessly. That is why I didn't expect this problem and that is why I turned to YOU for help. The only thing that stands, for the peace of my mind, is what you said about internal coding. I will delete that terrain, but I'm telling you, I will do that with a heavy heart. Thank you for reply.

• Like 1

don't delete it yet (or just create a KAW instll from the WoE exe) ... let me "work the problem' a bit longer.

I made a partial fix, but there are still some other issues I'm looking at. It may be related to the height field display, or missing HM bmp callouts on the transition tiles, or ??? 

I tested it in WoE, and got some "fading" on the sea-land transition tiles, like the alpha channels of the tgas weren't showing properly. Fixed that, but still some weirdness on the river turn tiles (G-RivS)

• Like 2

OK, thank you. I will wait. I tested into WOE, as you did, and the issues are the same, but I decided not to bring this up, but since you showed up letting me know you work the problem, I let you know that, too. I will keep finger crossed.

ok, what I've got is the transitions are now smooth, with no "strangeness", but the ocean is suspiciously "flat". Almost like the waternormal isn't working properly.  What you all can do if you want, is try out different water normal bmps; there's some different ones in the downloads section -SOMEPLACE!!! you'll have to search- and test them out

the S1 & S2 tiles don't need or get an _hm.bmp, but all other tiles with HasWater=1 (coastlines, rivers, etc) do. I've added a 2m statement to all those tiles. It seems to have helped them but did something to the ocean :dntknw:

I'm attaching an down-dated data ini for Korea3,  an un-modified original copy as a backup, so you don't need to backup your originals. Just unzip and drop in the folder. The header statements in the data ini come right from the 08 level GermanyCE's data ini. 

Just to let you all know, how long it took to finish and release this, it was started before SF2 came out, and was designed for the 08 GCE environment. Why it's acting stupid now, I don't understand.

But, give this a try. At the worst, you have the original to revert back to.

Korea3.7z

• Like 1

I've run it , here's what I noticed:

- river banks flickering - GONE

- sea tiles flickering - GONE

- white chunks instead of airports tiles - GONE

Your magic did work Kevin, as always, and I am gratefull for that. Thank you.

However I noticed just a single abnormal behavior.(Please see the pics) When you are above of an airport (or even on the runway) and you just slightly rotate the angle you get, not one, but three "versions" of how the airport  can look like and of course , just one of them is the right one. Can they be adressed as well ?

PS -With the sea look I've managed, I have all the waternormal bitmaps ever produced.

abnormal_look.zip

I took  closely looks at the tiles in question and their behavior. They look in game as if they were stacked, one on top of the other, but two of them look like they are not from that area. Example: the one which should fit is a field tile, but on top of it (or below, depending the angle you look at it) there is a tile, (and all these are happening in the middle of the map section), that has a river section. I saw one (in the middle of the map section), too, which had a sea blue color and pier-like bars. I guess they are not from there and the Germany map tiles were somehow matched to be aprox a match. I also think that water appears in interior (airfields) because the level/height of the water was increased above of some threshold. Oh I wish I knew how those values affects what's going on on the map.

it's looks like there's tiles missing, or misnumbered in the data ini, or wrong TFD.

EDIT: those are NOT the tiles that came with the terrain download -- those are STOCK Germany tiles. This is a Full 4 season terrain, and if that's supposed to be "summer", it isn't!! Your images attached below

I'd suggest redownloading the terrain, use the new data ini from above, and retest.

Also, for tracking progress and make sure you have the HUDData.ini extracted, placed in the /Flight folder and have the DisplayDebug= set to TRUE. This will turn on the map coordinate system and allow you to see the name of the target area and it's X/Y location on the map.

I got nothing like that on mine, of course, I just copy/pasted the K3 terrain folder into my WoE install, and edited the data ini. I DID get a lot of shadow anomalies on some terrain objects, but that's a "known issue" with heavily populated terrains.

img00154.jpg

img00152.jpg

img00153.jpg

• Like 1

this is what the terrain should look like -- the city of Tageu, looks like fall

woe_korea3_tageu.jpg

• Like 2

yeah, I screwed up, but I realized it too late. I wanted to test something yesterday and I moved the  seasons files and I forgot about them in the tension/heat of the moments. Thus the game was loading Germany tiles and confused me and that is why I was desperate not knowing what is happening. Thank God you have a clear, cool mind! Yes , now after your adjustings, the map work flawlessly. God bless you Kevin, I am really happy I can play this map.

• Thanks 1

Is the water ok, the ocean and rivers have that "wiggly" effect simulating motion? I reset all the graphics in WoE, but haven't tested it

yes they WORK!!!. First I thought the effect is inexistent looking from above, but I use CTRL+F12 to take a very close look, both to the rivers and sea. And there are present both, the "flow" emulation movement and that emulation which mimics wave movement. If you want I can make a movie on youtube to see it for yourself. Just say the word. Thank you once again for your wonderful work.

What I found out on my WoE install, was I'd never reset the graphics back to unlimited. So, after correcting all the graphics levels, it's working for me too.

Enjoy!

I noticed something odd. On ANTUNG AB, aircraft explodes directly in 2 sec, including the wingmen. I'm pretty sure it's not the plane (it was a MIG-23UM) because I randomly took another 5 airbases and it didn't explode. So something is wrong with  that airstrip. Any idea why please ? Could you test that airstrip for yourself and confirm if the aircraft explodes ?

Edited by UllyB

UPDATE

All DESERT_AIRFIELD5n.ini , which are just four (Antung AB 1/Antung AB 2/Dagushan/Qinqishan) cause aircraft to explode on the runway in 2 seconds. I replaced them with DESERT_AIRFIELD4.ini. If you there's a fix for the old one I will replace them back.

then you just fucked those airfields. 

EACH AND EVERY AIRFIELD HAS IS OWN INI FOR A REASON -- THINGS ARE IN DIFFERENT PLACES ON EVERY ONE!

Best thing I can tell you, extract the airfield 5 ini from the desert cat, make the rename --this was done because the "N" means neutral, and UN forces would NOT attack bases across the Yalu -- and toss them in the K3 folder. 

From there, you're on your own. Nobody in the last 6ish years has every complained about the commies blowing up on the runway; so it's just gotta be something YOU did!

I didn't touch any of airfield settings,  I was just testing some loadouts for some soviet aircraft and when my plane randomly took off from that airfield, it just blew up, without my "help". Then I looked into targets.ini to see what do those airfields have in common. The common thing was they were all DESERT_AIRFIELD5n.ini type. Because I don't have the experience to see into this file what is wrong with them, I just replaced them, they were just four. One more thing, you say they are for neutral cause. I looked into targets.ini and they, all four, are labelled ENEMY (Could that be the cause why they suddenly explode ?). I am confused now to be sincere. Furthermore. After replacing the airfields (which is just one type only) I noticed that aircraft, taking off from THAT airstrip, their taxi start point was far more out than usual and I thought maybe that is why, on the other type, they were exploding. I'm just saying...

If you can, just please tell me if you on those "N" airfield type your aircraft explodes. If it doesn't eplodes then it's odd, because, as i said above, I didn't TOUCH any settings. (I just replaced airfield type for four of them)

Edited by UllyB

These terrain images are all SF2, right?

Mine in SF1 don't look anything like. Korea is really hilly, and there's only one season.

nope, 08 level WoE