Sign in to follow this  
RustyKurnass

Vietnam FAST FAC TA-4

Hi guys,

I will add to my SF2V installation the Marines TA-4F used for the FastFAC missions.

So yesterday I've downloaded first Wrench's TA-4J with the intentions of find the correct skins.

But searching in the SF1 section I've discovered the existent pack,so before start anything,someone have already used the Pack in a SF2 games?Can work?

Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised that it wasn't in Eburgers SF2V expansion packs.

It should be (almost) fully usable, but will need the usual editing for SF2; like moving the decals to a /Decals folder (and double check the decal pathways), and most importantly, the FM will need to be updated to SF2 standards.

The lod is the question mark -- iirc, there were several shadow issues on the original. What would be needed to be done, is check Nyghtfall's newest TA-4 version, to see if the lod has been "repaired" or ???

If you want, I can get it set up for SF2 in fairly short time. It would probably be a good thing for the SF2V players.

This will be great!

In the meantime I've created the decals folder and added the three presents in the pack and added the TA-4L.LOD

so with your help I think to be able to use it.

Shadow issues of the original LOD come from the outer pylons IIRC. As these pylons do not look very good, I did new ones, added via Fakepilot-Method (Unfortunately Fracture is gone and doesn't reply to PM). So that part is "repaired" somehow.

Geary wanted to convert 331Killerbees FastFAC-skins with a new template I sent him.

Nevertheless here's a quick updated TA-4F-mod together with the new templates. Plane is setup for SF2, old pylons and some other small parts are removed via ini-edit. New stuff include pylons, sidewinder-rails, several droptanks and some small stuff around the model. Loadouts can be improved I guess. I also noticed, that Hitboxes need adjustment.

Have fun.

TA-4F_mod + HDTemplates.7z

img00173.thumb.JPG.fb57fced6fffc61e604a7728f800a12a.JPGimg00174.thumb.JPG.74708a5d284cb681fdd509e3745e1eea.JPG

Edited by Nyghtfall
added screenshots

Great mate,I love your works!

A made a quick try and I discovered a,ehm, small issue...the cockpit don't exist,only the gunsight is present!

iV2wXQ.jpg

The plane don't look bad for my standard ( BTW,I need to play with low graphic settings unfortunately).

jiTJEE.jpg

So an improvement is needed...

The planes in the picture look like the old TA-4Fs you already had.

You should find 2 new planes from the mod:

• TA-4F Skyhawk (Bent Probe)
  • TA-4F Skyhawk (Straight Probe)

Just copy your skinfolders (and only these!) into those 2 folders. The cockpit I use is "borrowed" from TWs A-4F, so you should have it.

Edited by Nyghtfall

oh, sure NOW the real fixes come along, after I just uploaded the old set!! :lol:

Rene, you rock in man!!!. Maybe I should just update the whole package??? But what I don't know is, if they Fast FACs had the straight or bent probe (not like it matter all that much!)

yes, the cockpit in both mods references the stock A-4F cockpit, so that's a MUST have!!

ps: I fixed/adjusted ALL the hit boxes on this "new" one

24 minutes ago, Wrench said:

Maybe I should just update the whole package???

Yes, and thanks in advance. :clapping:

Thanks all guys!

Rene,the plane came directely from the FASTFAC package and is for the SF! series,I've installed as is.

So,I can install your TA-4Js ( I've already all your other Scooter packs and are simply beautiful ) and add the decals,right? But I need to rename something from TA-4J to -4F?
anyway tomorrow I will try
And Wrench,thanks for your lightspeed modification of the original pack,you're great!

Gianni

no problem!

however, after grabbing Nyghtfall's new pack I noticed it points to the avionics 70 dll -- make sure you edit both your main inis (early & late) back to avionics 60, or the radar and rwr won't work!!

also, with the new pack, the wings seem to have disappeared from the cockpit view!! (and yes, the ShowFromCockpit=TRUE is true!)

I just dropped the 3 skin folders into the aircraft folder, dropped the decals into the /decals folder and it all worked!

missing scooter wings.JPG

10 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

Thanks all guys!

Rene,the plane came directely from the FASTFAC package and is for the SF! series,I've installed as is.

So,I can install your TA-4Js ( I've already all your other Scooter packs and are simply beautiful ) and add the decals,right? But I need to rename something from TA-4J to -4F?
anyway tomorrow I will try
And Wrench,thanks for your lightspeed modification of the original pack,you're great!

Gianni

A fast try with Wrench package and all work fine

Dex371.jpg

Mate,

I've just checked Nyghtfall VT-21's TA-4J.ini and the avionics stated Avionics60.dll ( is this that you mean,right?)

yes! 

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=TA-4F Skyhawk (Straight Probe)
AircraftShortName=TA-4
AircraftDataFile=TA-4Fearly_data.ini
CockpitDataFile=TA-4Fearly_cockpit.ini
HangarScreen=TA-4F_hangar.jpg
LoadingScreen=TA-4F_loading.jpg
LoadoutImage=A-4F_loadout.tga
LoadoutFile=TA-4Fearly_loadout.ini
AvionicsDataFilename=TA-4Fearly_avionics.ini
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll  <-----
UserList=TA-4Fearly_UserList.ini

mine had the "70", so I just changed it back!

Here's an update:

TA-4F_mod_v2.7z

Template's are not included this time, as they didn't change.

• Kevin's updated hitboxes added (Thanks!)
  • added loadout.tga
  • added sounds
  • adjusted startdate for late variant to 1972

9 hours ago, Wrench said:

Maybe I should just update the whole package??? But what I don't know is, if they Fast FACs had the straight or bent probe (not like it matter all that much!)

ps: I fixed/adjusted ALL the hit boxes on this "new" one

Thanks for the Hitbox-update!

Feel free to update the package if you like and the planes had the straight probe installed. The bent probe was used at a later date and a quick look showed that around 1971 they still had the straight one.

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

however, after grabbing Nyghtfall's new pack I noticed it points to the avionics 70 dll -- make sure you edit both your main inis (early & late) back to avionics 60, or the radar and rwr won't work!!

also, with the new pack, the wings seem to have disappeared from the cockpit view!! (and yes, the ShowFromCockpit=TRUE is true!)

Copy & paste error. Sorry! I played around with several ideas for TA-4 mods lately.

The wing-issue is something I don't have... I copied the whole package into an unmodded install I have and the wings are visible (also in my test-install I use for modding). So I don't know why you don't see the wings.

img00176.thumb.JPG.73688237488920cad56636ff6a055981.JPG

8 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

The TA-4J skin should work, but the colors of the fakepilot stuff will not match. Just wait a little, at the moment I update the TA-4J-pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rene,

Your "dirty" mod,as you've defined it, work very well  combined with the Wrench/331killerBee skins.

5mCWJR.jpg

The pit is ok ( despite i like a lot the radar screen in the reworked job of Wrench ,is possible to install it on your pit and in which way?).

oV5XvG.jpg

No problem with the the wings looking over the shoulder.

xoOWtI.jpg

And finally,added to the Campaigns...

SgR0Op.jpg

Thanks all for your effort guys,I never regretted joining the community, just did not do it before!

I can't wait for news Rene!

Gianni

Edited by RustyKurnass

as to the radar screen, you should be able to simply copy/paste the A-4F_radar.bmp into the /cockpit folder. It'll probably ask "Overwrite?" so allow it.

I'll recheck my data inis ... it's just ODD!!!! as to why the wing disappeared (visible from outside!)

**edit: I'll use the new ones instead!

don't forget my hangar and loading screens for the straight-probe version!!

Yes mate,screen added,but honestly I replaced your loading screen with an appropriate one showing a Zuni armed H&MS-11 bird in Vietnam.

Is an Airliner image,so I don't think can post here,but if intereted I can send you the photo

Thanks again

Hello guys,

despite a completely different thing,Iìm play the SF2NA EXp.Pack now,and I've noted that the F-4K don't show the rudder markings,both the F-4K and -4K_75.

Isn't the DLC bird buth the one in the Cmpaign mod,the game ie full merged and patched at July 2013.

All is in the right folder.

I don't want open a new thread for this,if someone can help,otherwise I can live with it...

are all the decals present? Are the pathways' correct in the decals ini? (I don't have the mod, so can't physically check for that)

On 1.11.2017 at 8:52 AM, Nyghtfall said:

Just wait a little, at the moment I update the TA-4J-pack.

TA-4J Update is uploaded. Should be available after Admin-approval. Have fun!

• Thanks 1