hachBORHSO

map editor and target area editor windows 7 x64 also gives an error

my map I cant plant trees..terrain editor gives error w 7 x64 .and target area editor object placed but not visible. do you have a suggestion ?

Spoiler

can you give us a little more information, that explains the issue better? maybe screenshots from the TOD placement screens???

--places I want on the map I want to add trees but terrain editor and target area programs are not working properly ¿

Edited by namedders

don't use the spoiler function to upload pictures. Just drag and drop the images into your post; there's space at the bottom for that labeled "Drag files here to attach or choose files"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you have the TE set up properly? Do you have all the necessary bmp, inis and most importantly the terrain's texture list ini? Without that, it ain't gonna work. What terrain are you working on? And Why? 

The only way to generate TODs -adding the little buildings and tress- is with the 3W Terrain editor. Be it known, it is a tempermental POS at best, and WILL crash without warning or apparent cause. It is not for the faint hearted or easily frustrated to even start working with. It is a nightmare on wheels, so be advised!

tod-1.jpg

tod-2.jpg

I want to add a building to the land and tree, the texture list is loading, the program fails, and crashes..(terrain editör).Would you recommend me another program to add trees

there isn't one. This is all we got.

Can you list, in order the steps you took to create this "terrain specific TE install". It's vitally important to know EXACTLY how you were doing this

well, from what I see, you've pretty much done everything wrong.  Completly. 

The TE needs it's own install, NOT inside the game, but somewhere else on the HD. You can probably put it into the SavedGames/ThridWire folder, or on C drive (but NOT in any of the Program Files folders)

I take you haven't looked at Gepard's Tutorials in the SF/Wo* Knowledge Base?

I suggest starting there

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/191-modding-terrainsenviroments/

they lessons are numbered, start with #1

• Like 1

:smile: