JacksonM

How to extract .LOD file

Hi there. I want to look at aircraft models and as I know, they're packed in .LOD files. How to extract .LOD?(such as this one) FT-17.LOD

You don't need to extract them to view them, if what you are after is indeed just an asset viewer, Mue's tools work for FE too, last time I checked : 

However, if you are after real extraction to modify the models, then you'll get no help from this part of the community; it's possible, the tools exist somewhere, but it opens the gate to people stealing other people's hard work and is frowned upon around here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacksonM said:

How to extract .LOD?

I suppose, with a little help from SFP1 extract utility? :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I suppose, with a little help from SFP1 extract utility? :biggrin:

No, you're speaking about "extract from .CAT file", as you know:biggrin:

Edited by JacksonM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunrunner said:

You don't need to extract them to view them, if what you are after is indeed just an asset viewer, Mue's tools work for FE too, last time I checked : 

However, if you are after real extraction to modify the models, then you'll get no help from this part of the community; it's possible, the tools exist somewhere, but it opens the gate to people stealing other people's hard work and is frowned upon around here.

Thanks, now, I got it.:smile:

Edited by JacksonM

Seems you found the solutions to your problems in PM, just in case you didn't, and in public so other people can benefit if they find this thread with the same concerns :

1) Mue's LODviewer doesn't degrade the rendering of the models, what's missing is some tricks in texture rendering, as well as normal and specular maps (but that's less of a problem in FE).

2) You can rotate the models by keeping ALT+LeftMouseButton pressed while moving your mouse around.

3) You can translate the models by keeping SHIFT+LeftMouseButton pressed while moving your mouse around.

• Like 2