Skyviper

A Must Read: Netflix drops bomb.

I'll just say .... Net Neutrality, Comcast rate limits Netflix to force them to pay more money. Nobody believed Comcast would ever do such a thing.

Yep. Good move by Netflix huh? I read about these things. I took into what they said and listened. Seeing the results myself really made things clear.

9 hours ago, KJakker said:

Well for me Fast.com, Speedtest.net, and Speedof.me all returned near identical results, which are also consistent with what I am paying for.

fast.com was the slowest on my computer, the other two returned speeds about twice as fast.  all slower than my contracted speed, which is not unusual at this time of night. 

the evil conspiracy doesn't seem to be happening.....

I tried from workplace... got 47Mb on a 100Mb net, but it is a company network, I think it is halved as reserve.

Now the site is off ...   I think it has been banned or shut down already. I'll try from home  if it comes back..

If you're not on a network known to rate limit or your internet traffic doesn't traverse that type of network then you will not be affected. You have to trace route the endpoint to know.

No conspiracies here, all documented facts and litigation evidence are available for your review. You might be on the wrong side of the conspiracy. 

2 hours ago, Erik said:

If you're not on a network known to rate limit or your internet traffic doesn't traverse that type of network then you will not be affected. You have to trace route the endpoint to know.

No conspiracies here, all documented facts and litigation evidence are available for your review. You might be on the wrong side of the conspiracy. 

maybe, maybe not....

I'm going to check my results more thoroughly this week. If I can. And I will do so in different situations. But I have noticed that despite what my contracted speed is, websites tend to act as if my speeds are pathetically slow, as in ye olde dial up slow.

From home, it is exactly 120Mb no more no less. That's what I paid for, so no panic here.