don246

Problems with my FE2

Hi Iam having problem after problem with my FE2 install my PC went down and I lost all the add-ons, I have reinstalled FE2 and trying to add the aircraft and terrains I had but I can not download it keeps telling me I need to wait can only download so much.

I never realised there were so much in my install, is it at all poss to obtain a download with a modded version of the saved games folder I am running Windows 7 64 Bit ?

One thing that has me foxed is my new install the planes have lost there gun flashes. And where do the ground objects go into what folder. 

My new install seems all mixed up.

Thanks.

I feel your pain, Don. I had a partial (very partial) back up of my FE2 folder when my system went down a while ago. I've been slowly building it back to what it was. I don't know of any total mod that you can download, because such a download would be to large to download, and many of the mods here might conflict with each other, rendering such a thing a total mess. As far as the guns go, it seems that particular gun is calling out an effect that's not in your mods folder. That would be where I'd start looking, anyway. On my way to work. Sorry.

Back for a moment, one job cancelled.

This is what my path to the GroundObjects folder looks like. I'm using windows 10, so your path might be slightly different. Individual ground object folders, for example SchneiderCA for Stephan1918's excellent French tank go into that GroundObjects folder which is within the Objects folder inside your Saved Games/FirstEagles2 folder.

my path.jpg

Edited by Heck

Thanks Heck for your reply I think a lot of my problems started when I installed the Tweaked flight models and realism pack for FE2 I got so many problems it must be me at 74 things are not the same I think I will knock FE2 on the head for now I have spent so much time trying to get it right and not flying it, if something is not right I can not live with it and keep messing till  I get it right but I am not getting any where. thanks again for your reply.

Hi Don,

Ground objects go into the "user/ThirdWire/FirstEagles2/Objects/GroundObject" directory. Gun flashes and most other effects should go into the ""user/ThirdWire/FirstEagles2/Effects" directory. My FM and Realism Pack largely contains modified data ini files for the different plane types; most of those should install into the relevant folders of the ""user/ThirdWire/FirstEagles2/Objects/Aircraft" directory. Other files located in my FM pack are organized by relevant folder name, such as "ForObjectsFolder," "ForSoundsFolder," etc. - files in such folders should go into the Objects folder, the Sounds folder, etc., of the "user/ThirdWire/FirstEagles2" directory.

I recommend that if you want to get the full benefit of the FM and Realism pack, once you get a clean (stock) user directory for FE2 set up - make four copies of the "user/Thirdwire" directory, and then mod up your Aircraft folder of each of those directories with the data inis from my four aircraft folders, such as "Aircraft_EastFront," "Aircraft_MidEastFront," etc. - this will give you four modded theaters in the end (four modded user directories) that give you the ability to fly on four fronts. All you need to do then is rename the user directory you want to "fly" as "ThirdWire," place in your "user/" directory, and you're good to go - easily switching out between theatres when you feel like it.

The process is a bit of a pain to go through but once modded up gives you one of the best WW1 flight sims on the market, and more than 190 plane types. I also recommend making a back up of all modded user folders to a DVD, and maybe on an external HD too, for extra security in case of technology failure.

Happy flying,

Von S :smile:

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 10.48.55 AM.png

Edited by VonS

Thank you so much for taking the time and your help.

Vons the  FM and Realism pack I installed like you say in your reply but did not have the 4 folders for the alternative theaters only one I noticed the planes lost there sound in the Data INI the sound for a plane was diffrent to the ones I had in my sound folder.

I will give it another go with a clean install for now I only want the western front .

Heck I see in your OBJECTS folder you have cockpit INI and other plane INI should these not go in the velevent plane folder?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, don246 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time and your help.

Vons the  FM and Realism pack I installed like you say in your reply but did not have the 4 folders for the alternative theaters only one I noticed the planes lost there sound in the Data INI the sound for a plane was diffrent to the ones I had in my sound folder.

I will give it another go with a clean install for now I only want the western front .

Heck I see in your OBJECTS folder you have cockpit INI and other plane INI should these not go in the velevent plane folder?

Edit - I have a clean install FE2 runs ok, so installed the FM and Realism pack only the Albatros D3 (160) was modded with the Data ini and I lost the gun flashes and plane sound, have made new folders for the FM and Realism pack  Ground Objects ect.

Sorry to be a pain in the back.

Hi Don,

Lack of gun flash and plane sounds means that some of the effects and sounds are missing. I've compiled a long list of helpful links below, taken from the Read Me files in my FM update pack, also from CombatAce - this should be convenient for a quick install of proper mods/effects/sounds if anyone suffers a HD crash and loses lots of FE2 files:

My Install Order for Effects (this should bring back the "big" gun flashes...there is a short muzzle flash also available somewhere here in the downloads section, but I can't find the link now)

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88700-fe2-bad-framerates/?do=findComment&comment=716531

Good Skins for the 135hp Fokk. Dr.1 "gaskammer" variant (particularly good are the generic Jasta 15 skins)

https://combatace.com/files/file/8994-jasta-15-fokker-dr1-4-pack/

Good Skins for the 150hp Josef Jacobs Dr.1 (or extract Jasta 7 skins from the relevant cat folder in FE2)

https://combatace.com/files/file/10081-josef-jacobs-3-pack-dr1s/

Tutorial for Pilot Folder Organization for FE2

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88951-some-newbie-questions/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-720051

Stephen 1918's Pilots

https://combatace.com/files/file/15832-pilots-with-helmets-for-first-eagles/

Stephen 1918's Armed Observers

https://combatace.com/files/file/16424-armed-observers-for-first-eagles/

Tweaked Smoke and Balloon Explosion Effects (for better framerates)

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88700-fe2-bad-framerates/?tab=comments#comment-716980

List of My Engine Sound Names and Original Engine Sound Names

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/87403-tweaked-flight-models-and-realism-pack-for-fe2/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-727507

Engine Sounds Pack (any sounds not available here, for engines or guns, are located in the relevant folders of my FM update pack, see both ver. 8.9 and 9.0 folders)

https://combatace.com/files/file/13385-realistic-engine-sounds/

Green or White Parachute (to be used with aircraft fire or balloon explosion effects, see Effects folder in my ver. 8.9 folder of the FM update pack for the relevant ini files)

https://combatace.com/files/file/8008-ejecting-pilots-mod-v10-update/

Albatros Serial Numbers

https://combatace.com/files/file/10904-serial-s-for-diii-diiioaw-dv-dva/

Albatros Skin Pack

https://combatace.com/files/file/10905-17-pack-of-albatros-models/

Stephen's AEG G.IV Cockpit

https://combatace.com/files/file/16589-new-cockpit-for-aeg-giv/

A-Team Website (HP 0/400, Gothas, etc. are located there, also the SPAD 7 cockpit folder and cockpit ini file)

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/

Flyable SPAD 7 Skins (contains a cockpit.ini file that makes the types flyable using the SPAD 13 cockpit, use the A-Team cockpit if you prefer a sparse SPAD 7 version; I recommend the cockpit.ini available in the skins folder instead of the A-Team cockpit, since it sits better and gives a more realistic view from the SPAD 7)

https://combatace.com/files/file/13215-flyable-spad-7-iras-skin-set/

(I have my cockpit.ini files and data.inis in the relevant plane folders, not in the "Objects" folder by the way.)

Happy flying,

Edited by VonS
Added and modified some info.
  • Like 2

Wow Thank you VonS for taking the time most helpful, looks like it is another late night for me.

Getting on well now with the new install, can I ask you a few questions for VonS

1- what is the _MACOSX folder in the download I have not used it.

2 - what are all the . DS STORE files I have not used them.

3 - the only way I can get all the planes guns to show the flash's is to take out the PARTIClES SYSTEM file in the flight folder the sim runs ok with it out what do's it do and do I need it, all the other files for the planes I have.

4 - is there any way of stopping the ai on take off of flying straight up in a vertical flight for a short time.

Loving the sim and the way the ai rear gunners work then a enemy plane is on them I put the sim on auto pilot and just scrol through the action.

Thanks to you VonS and others for all the time put into this sim.

Hi Don,

The MacOSX folder and .dsstore files can be deleted (that's stuff that OS X automatically creates in each folder - it's not related to FE2).

I'm including a zipped version of my particlesys.ini file - try it out, it might fix the gun flash. If you take out the particlesys.ini file from your Flight folder, FE2 then uses the default game settings - so either approach is fine. (The particlesys.ini file controls density of particles for effects, which can improve frame rates if the numbers are lowered, under the ParticleSystem section that is at the top of the file. It also contains settings for colors and density of vehicle fire effects, exhaust emitters, fuel leak colors, artillery fire density and color, and a whole lot of other fire and smoke effects.) FE2 calls up its own embedded values for this file if a "custom" one is not placed into the Flight folder of the FE2 user directory.

To make the AI take off more gently, lower the values for the PitchForAltitude setting located under the AIData section of the data inis for planes that have that problem. A good number to use is something like 0.0003 if they pitch up too much on takeoff. I've fixed the number in most data inis but there may be a few plane types that still display the vertical pitch up problem on occasion.

Yes the sim is a great one - one of my favorite WW1 sims.

Happy flying,

Von S

Edited by VonS
Removed link to particlesys file (now included in the ver. 9.5 FM pack).
  • Like 1

No luck with the custom particlesys.ini file, with it in there is no gun flash so out it came and the gun flash returned. Thank you for trying.

I have had a look at the file and there are a lot of entries Bombs, Rockets, dust ect, I may backup the file and try taking out some that relate to the gun flash's if I can find them.

Another idea is I have leaned how to use the Cat File extractor so if I can find the default file and compare it to the modded one.

Always a good idea to compare the default FE2 inis with some of the third-party ones from CombatAce. The Cat extractor file is excellent!

I also recommend the following post (and the ones that follow below it) - it's from a while back but Von Oben and I were discussing some of the particlesys.ini variants, and other effects there:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/88700-fe2-bad-framerates/?do=findComment&comment=724830

Also possible is that there is a mismatch between the individual ini names called up in the Particlesys file. and the ini files stored in the Effects folder, such as AircraftEngineFireEffect, AircraftExplosionEffect, and so on - and then some of the effects don't show up.

Von S

A few other tips to stop the AI from taking off "vertically" if you are having such trouble:

Reduce values under the TakeOffRotationAngle entry located under AircraftData in the plane's data ini. Sometimes those values are around 15, reducing them to 10, 11, or 12 works well - this value tells the AI at what position to "sit" while taking off (nose high, tail high, tail level with nose, etc.).

Two other values to tinker with are the MaxPitchForAltitude and MinPitchForAltitude ones located under the AIData section of a plane's data ini. Typical values are usually about 20 for MaxPitch and -15 for MinPitch. I usually like to see these numbers around 15 and -10 if a plane likes to behave too much like a helicopter.

As indicated previously, a good value for PitchForAltitude is something like 0.0003 (often the default values are much too high, around 0.08, sometimes higher).

And if a data ini is missing such values but displaying strange, vertical ascents on take off - simply include the entries listed above (PitchForAltitude also goes under the AIData section).

Happy flying,

Edited by VonS
Added info. and fixed a typo.

5 hours ago, VonS said:

Reduce values under the OnGroundPitchAngle entry located under AircraftData in the plane's data ini. Sometimes those values are around 15, reducing them to 10, 11, or 12 works well - this value tells the AI at what position to "sit" while taking off (nose high, tail high, tail level with nose, etc.).

The OnGroundPitchAngle determines how the plane sits when it's parked, if you get it too high, the tail skid may go underground and the drag will slow the plane down. I've had this problem if I land on a slight hill, then I can't get the speed to take off again. You need a little drag at the tail or the plane may pull to the right when it first starts rolling. I always have to be careful with this number when I make a plane.

In the AIData, there's a setting for TakeOffRotationAngle, does this control the pitch of the plane as it leaves the ground?

I've also noticed in some planes that the tail lifts before the wheels do, different planes seem to do this more than others. What controls that?

• Like 2

Sure is a laugh some of the ai on take off I installed the Hanriot HD1 and HD1 Duel well they took off then whent vertical then looping the loop I just stayed on the ground and watch the flight show, looks like these will be deleted.

once again thanks for the replys very kind of you I will have a mess with the HD1 ai data.

10 hours ago, Stephen1918 said:

The OnGroundPitchAngle determines how the plane sits when it's parked, if you get it too high, the tail skid may go underground and the drag will slow the plane down. I've had this problem if I land on a slight hill, then I can't get the speed to take off again. You need a little drag at the tail or the plane may pull to the right when it first starts rolling. I always have to be careful with this number when I make a plane.

In the AIData, there's a setting for TakeOffRotationAngle, does this control the pitch of the plane as it leaves the ground?

I've also noticed in some planes that the tail lifts before the wheels do, different planes seem to do this more than others. What controls that?

Yes Stephen is right, I had written OnGroundPitchAngle but was thinking in my head of the TakeOffRotationAngle value (have now edited my post to read TakeOffRotationAngle) - and yes that is exactly what it controls, pitch as the plane leaves the ground.

Tails lifting before the wheels, on some types, is either the result of the TakeOffRotationAngle value or of the CG value located under AircraftData - if the y value of the cg is set forward (a positive value) - the nose usually goes down and the tail up, rather quickly, as the plane is accelerating for takeoff. The CG value can also be manipulated to change your view in the cockpit, although a cleaner way of doing that is to change the seating position in the CockpitSeat entry of the cockpit ini file.

Von S

• Like 1

Well, have now experimented with the data ini for the HD1 - it was missing a TakeOffRotationAngle entry so I plugged that in, reduced the values; also reduced values for OnGroundPitchAngle, for Min and Max Pitch for Altitude; also reduced the value for the PitchForAltitude entry, set the cg to slightly nose forward - and no change, it still likes to ascend vertically and do a couple of loops to impress everyone on the field. :biggrin:

This leads me to believe that the problem is too high a value for the Alpha Stall/Max/Depart entries on the airfoil sections (FM stuff) - will reduce those and see if it gets rid of the problem, since those remain untouched from the original unmodified data ini.

Happy flying,

Von S

Edited by VonS
Fixed typos.
  • Like 1

I have been taking a look at the default planes data ini after extracting them with the cat extracter and they all seem not to have any reference to ai data, now this is the default FE2 NOTHING added looking at nearly all the planes on take off they go well for a while then climb at around something like a 45 degree angle then level off no WW1 plane could do that apart from perhaps the Fokker D7F.

Now I hope I am not getting too critical of the sim just tell me if I am, it is old but good and it seems one could spend the rest of one's life trying to get it right ai is not easy in any sim WOFF has the best but I do not like the way the planes fly for me they have no feelings but then thats me.

Please let me know it you have any breakthrough VonS with your editing, I think I may just not look behind me when I take off and hope they are still with me maybe they have all been drinking.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:31 PM, don246 said:

I have been taking a look at the default planes data ini after extracting them with the cat extracter and they all seem not to have any reference to ai data, now this is the default FE2 NOTHING added looking at nearly all the planes on take off they go well for a while then climb at around something like a 45 degree angle then level off no WW1 plane could do that apart from perhaps the Fokker D7F.

Now I hope I am not getting too critical of the sim just tell me if I am, it is old but good and it seems one could spend the rest of one's life trying to get it right ai is not easy in any sim WOFF has the best but I do not like the way the planes fly for me they have no feelings but then thats me.

Please let me know it you have any breakthrough VonS with your editing, I think I may just not look behind me when I take off and hope they are still with me maybe they have all been drinking.

All great thoughts - I think you're being realistic regarding the limits of the sim - but that's good because it helps us to push further with it. The Fokk. D7f, also the Dr.1, could take off at a steep angle (because of their thicker wing foils). Mikael Carlson has some clips up on YouTube where he does a really short take off run in the Dr.1 and ascends at a fairly steep angle (his has a 110hp rotary - I'm sure the climb would be even better on an engined-up version with a 130 or 150hp LeRhone).

WOFF "ultimate edition" improves the AI over regular WOFF and especially over the old OFF variants - I think the dogfight AI in FE2 is very good too, comparable to WOFF. The AI in ROF is awful on the other hand. That one has received rave reviews regarding its FM - but I think the planes are too flimsy in it (wings falling off all over the place after a few hits). And if you don't like multiplayer, ROF isn't the best choice. It comes down to FE2 and WOFFue for good, current WW1 sims. Another thing to keep in mind is that most of the ThirdWire sims started off either as WW2 or jet-age sims, and were then "rebuilt" to make something like FE/FEgold/FE2. This is why engine management is still difficult to hammer out properly for FE2. Historical speeds and engine outputs are doable, as is overcompression (as I've recently demonstrated in another series of posts) - but engine cutout with negative Gs - that's another story. The WOFF guys have managed to get negative G engine cutout going - but that AI sometimes doesn't display max G limits in the way that player-flown craft does - again, WOFF was originally CFS3 (WW2 sim) - then heavily redone into a WW1 sim - it is now standalone but there are some things to work on there too, as there still are in FE2.

I think our MaxG limits are now well done in FE2 - AI follows the rules of flight/physics much like the player has to.

I'm still "studying" the FM in WOFFue when I have an opportunity to fly that sim - I like what I see but (call me crazy) I think so far that the sensation of flight (particularly "floating" as was typical in a lot of these wooden aircraft) is more accurately modelled in FE2 - especially when the FMs are tweaked properly. On average, stall speeds are higher by about 20 kph in WOFF, compared to FE2 - but this depends on a lot of factors (they do turbulence really well...the WOFF guys...very impressive) - we now have realistic horizontal winds, but turbulence I will try to "imitate" by tweaking some of the Stall values in the general aicraft ai ini file - again these are all factors stemming from these being WW2 sims that were eventually "retrofitted" to WW1 - or at least the game engines were done originally with WW2 in mind.

I have both FE2 and WOFFue and switch between the two, but my go-to sim for quick dogfights is FE2 (it really gives that seat-of-the-pants sensation when flying).

I still think the gold standard of FMs in any WW1 sim are the ones done by Greybeard for Red Baron 3D - in a way I've tried to "Greybeard" the FMs for FE2 - also great about RB3d is the ReLoad program that has options to toggle random engine damage, fire, and wind speeds - an app like that for FE2 would be great. Problem with RB3d is that it hasn't aged well graphically, although some of the later patches for it make it somewhat "decent" to look at, in a rickety sort of way.

WOFFue I won't ever bother trying to tweak....from what I've studied of its file structure...it's probably best left to the OBD guys who make it, to tinker with the FMs and whatnot. FE2 is much more mod friendly. I'd rate both sims (FE2 and WOFFue) as "excellent" but minor stuff still needs working on in both.

But to get back on track, included with this post are two zipped files, data inis for the HD1 and the seaplane variant the HD2 - have now tweaked alpha numbers for the airfoils on both models, pitch numbers too, and at least they don't loop anymore on take off - the HD1 still likes to pitch up but barely controls itself from doing a loop :biggrin: and settles in quickly into a normal flight routine. Will roll these eventually into a ver. 9.1 of the FM pack.

The offending entries by the way are our old friends, under the AIData section:

ElevatorDeltaPitch=
ElevatorPitchRate=

Reducing the values greatly for both entries stops the multiple looping for the HD1 on takeoff.

Also, if anyone's looking for tweaked alpha values and correct stall characteristics on the Nieu. 24bis...see this post where I snuck in an extra data ini: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91335-nieuport-28/?do=findComment&comment=738372

Happy flying,

Edited by VonS
Removed Hanriot data inis (now included with the ver. 9.5 FM pack).
  • Like 1

Ho now that's nice the Hanriot HD1 is so much better I so glad I reinstalled FE2 I backed up a lot of the planes on disc but I do not have the HD2 I have the HD1 Duel that has two guns is the HD2 the same.

Thank you again you have made a old man very happy I like the WW1 sims I have WOFFUE and ROF but never well very rarely fly them what a shame ROF had so much to offer I wished someone would take it up, but in this world it seems only consoles and Super Mario are making money no one wants WW1 sims.

Ho well im happy with what I have.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VonS said:

FE2 is much more mod friendly. I'd rate both sims (FE2 and WOFFue) as "excellent" but minor stuff still needs working on in both.

Agreed.  My forte is visual immersion - I've worked professionally for design firms in LA and trained college interns to make aerospace simulator models for Northrop Grumman. 

There is no denying WOFF has gradually pulled ahead of FE over time, but the end result is more difficult to mod than FE.  A while ago, the WOFF guys bought a couple of my early-WW2 models and also offered me a job making models for their new magnum opus Wings Over The Reich.  Alas. I was busy with real life and had to decline.  When I could once again contemplate making models, I looked at all the extra effort needed to produce a working aircraft in CFS3 and chose to continue working in the more mod-friendly FE2. 

I really applaud your continuing efforts to improve FE2 because it compliments my efforts to improve its graphics.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Here is the link to the HD2 (that one is a seaplane variant, with two Vickers guns):

https://combatace.com/files/file/14130-hanriot-hd2/

And the HD1 that I've tweaked is the one-Vickers variant, with the gun in the middle:

https://combatace.com/files/file/5730-hanriot-hd1/

Also, here's some helpful info. for the variety of Nieuport single-seater types located in my FM pack:

a) my Nieuport 16 data ini is for the Nieuport 16 mega pack file posted on CombatAce - the relevant aircraft folder to use inside the mega pack is the regular "Nieuport 16"

https://combatace.com/files/file/11510-nieuport-16-mega-pack-for-fe1/

b) my Nieuport 17 and 23 data inis correspond with the Nieuport "17/23" big pack that is uploaded here on CombatAce - the relevant aircraft folders to use inside that pack are the "Nieuport 17_Bis" and the "Nieuport 23" ones (all of my Nieu. 17 types are variations on the "Nieuport 17_Bis" data ini file)

https://combatace.com/files/file/5386-nieuport-17-megapack/

c) my Nieuport 24 data ini corresponds with the "Nieuport 24bis" aircraft posted here on the site (that has the older-style tail of the Nieu. 17 and one Vickers gun) and is available for the Mesopotamian theater for the Brits (some Nieu24bis types arrived there in their storage boxes with the factory Vickers still installed; the Brits used some Nieu24/24bis types on the Western front too, rarely, but there they would field-mod them with a Lewis and remove the Vickers - it's possible that they flew with the Vickers in Mesopotamia instead - didn't bother including a 24bis Lewis variant for the Western theater since it was rarely used there and obsolete when it showed up)...there's also a 2-gun Vickers, Nieu. 24 available here on CombatAce but I never bothered tweaking that one since they historically either had one Vickers, one Lewis, or maybe a Vickers and Lewis in rare setups, never two Vickers from what I've been able to research (probably a leftover "myth" from Red Baron 3D where the Nieu.24 had two Vickers in unpatched variants of that sim)

d) my Nieuport 17 C.1 is a "slower" variation on the 17bis file, not a variation on the Nieu. 17 C.1 that is available in the big Nieu. 17/23 pack; my 17 C.1 therefore replaces the 17 C.1 that is in the big 17/23 update pack - and is more historical I think

e) there is also a "Siemens-Schuckert D.I" quick modification in my FMs pack (for the Eastern front) that is a mod. of the 17bis once again that's included in the big 17/23 Nieu. pack on CombatAce [edit: this is now obsolete, please download my latest FM for Stephen's beautiful SSW D.1, located under the support thread for the FM updates packs; Stephen's model can of course be found in the relevant aircraft downloads for FE2]

f) the country-code Nieuport 17 types that are included for the Western front (Belgian 17 C.1, British 17 C.1, Lewis variant, etc.) all use the 17 C.1 data ini file that I modded based on the 17bis - I put in that bunch of redundant types to have the Nieu. 17 C.1 (and British Lewis variant), a common type, showing up at the same time in game and flown by different countries, as was historical on the Western front - there's also a few copies of the Nieu. 16 for the Western front - one flown by the French, the other by the Belgians, plus the French get the late, Vickers-armed Nieu. 16 too (as do the Brits. in Mesopotamia)

Hope you get your install of FE2 up and running well, soon.

Happy flying,

Von S :flyer:

Edited by VonS
Added info. regarding Stephen's SSW D.1.

yep VonS MY FE2 is up and running as sweet as a nut the only problem I have is going to bed it is getting in the way of my flying, thank you for the new planes. 

Could I ask you I know I have been been a pain and do keep on but I was wondering how do I get the blip switch to work I understand it is for the DR1 and Camel now I have programed a button on my Saitek X52 PRO stick but it do's not seem to work my install of FE2 has on the opening screen MARCH 2010 in the bottom right hand corner I understand this is the update have I got it right, I am running Windows 7 64 BIT. 

• Like 1

I have Jul 2010 in the botttom right corner of the FE2 opening screen listed as the last update that ThirdWire did for FE2 - I'm actually glad that they didn't do further updates since that would probably break all of these tweaks and mods that have been done over the last several years by many modders on this site for FE and FE2 - would probably ruin all of my FM work too. :biggrin:

Blip settings are now correctly set whenever possible in the data inis for the aircraft, so it should "cut out" properly if you have a throttle of some kind (z-axis) on your joystick. Also good is to map a key from your keyboard to the blip setting in the Default.ini file located under the "Controls" folder of the FE2 user folder.

My setting is:

BLIP_SWITCH=B

But I usually just cut the "fuel" by toggling across the blip threshold using the throttle control on my joystick - it gives the same results.

Edited by VonS
Fixed some info., last update is Jul 2010 for FE2.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VonS said:

I have Jul 2010 in the botttom right corner of the FE2 opening screen listed as the last update that ThirdWire did for FE2 - I'm actually glad that they didn't do further updates since that would probably break all of these tweaks and mods that have been done over the last several years by many modders on this site for FE and FE2 - would probably ruin all of my FM work too. :biggrin:

Blip settings are now correctly set whenever possible in the data inis for the aircraft, so it should "cut out" properly if you have a throttle of some kind (z-axis) on your joystick. Also good is to map a key from your keyboard to the blip setting in the Default.ini file located under the "Controls" folder of the FE2 user folder.

My setting is:

BLIP_SWITCH=B

But I usually just cut the "fuel" by toggling across the blip threshold using the throttle control on my joystick - it gives the same results.

Sorted thanks I put you on my Christmas list for a crate of Whisky.

• Like 1