Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: CLoD TF 4.5 for release on Steam

Evidently some time ago the Team Fusion guys got access to the code for the much maligned IL2 Cliffs of Dover WWII flight sim and have been hard at it modding the hell out of it and fixing bugs.   They plan to release the a free version (4.5) on Steam, available to anyone who has already purchased the main sim.   A future (paid) V5.0 is in the works with additional features and an North African Campaign.

I wasn't impressed with CLoD when it first released but this recent video sure looks like they have done some amazing work.    I even like the way her flies and dogfights.  :) 

Here is the official trailer for the 4.5 release - which when released on Steam will be called Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Edition.  I have to say, it certainly does look immersive.  As I already own CLoD, it's going to be hard not to download and install this update for free.    And for the new flier - CLoD is only $9.99.   

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 2:43 PM, Burning Beard said:

That looks very good.

Sure does.

Thank you for the updates, Hellshade!
Looks like there is a lot coming out next year. The IL-2 team will also make a new WW1 air combat sim,
based on the IL-2 design. It will be named "Flying Circus". I'm looking forward to that!

Looks tempting! I was always a fan of the ETO in European Air War.

Hellshade, what kind of system specs are we looking at to run CLoD at a decent frame rate? My system has a geForce 745 GTX which is modest, to say the least. Runs WOFF at a decent clip with the occasional hiccup here and there.

Cheers!

PS: OLHAM! How are you doing my friend! I have been away from the boards for far too long! Hope you are doing well and staying warm in Berlin.

Soppy,

I don't really know what the specs required to run CLoD are.  I'm running a 6700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1080, dual 1Tb SSD drives and a G-Sync monitor - so most things run pretty well.    CLoD certainly runs like a champ with those specs.   I'm not sure how big of a performance hit a more budget friendly card would do.   Sorry.  :(